7.7

Apr 23, 2003
    Just Incredible....
  2. OrlaM
    Mar 25, 2003
    Absolutley fantastic! I first heard about Jesse at a Ryan Adams Gig in the Olympia Theatre, Dublin last November and was more that impressed with his lyrics & singing. We are big fans now, more recently saw Jesse in the "Village", Dublin in March! He was amazing playing acoustic last November, but even more so with his band! Congratulations on a great CD, roll on the next concert! Thanks Absolutley fantastic! I first heard about Jesse at a Ryan Adams Gig in the Olympia Theatre, Dublin last November and was more that impressed with his lyrics & singing. We are big fans now, more recently saw Jesse in the "Village", Dublin in March! He was amazing playing acoustic last November, but even more so with his band! Congratulations on a great CD, roll on the next concert! Thanks for the music, Orla. xx ( I reserved the 10/10 vote for Ryan Adams, but Jesse is a close 9!) Collapse
  3. DanielG
    Mar 14, 2003
    Great CD!!! Definitely worth getting. Will have you humming along to a rainy day...
  4. ReggieE
    Mar 12, 2003
    I know, I know the voice ain't too pretty but neither is life. The songs grow on you though and Ryan Adams' production is top-notched. This will be THE sleeper album of the year.
  5. MikeyB
    Mar 11, 2003
    Wow...I stumbled across this album at my local record store and was blown away. If you're a big fan of the singer/songwriter, this album is essential.

1. The voice asserts itself as the record sinks in, however, and not only does each song stand out, but the production variegates a sonic grandeur grounded in the rock verities.
  2. As you're listening, the songs begin to sound more and more like play-acting, as if Malin's trying to sound like his heroes more than he's trying to create anything that's all his own.
    Malin and Adams have managed to create a record whose fearless classicism is all part of the point. [Dec 2002, p.114]