The Haunted Man - Bat for Lashes
8.7

Review this album

1. Apr 13, 2013
    Outstanding album. I love how the album sounds. All the songs are great. She is an outstanding songwriter. I can't stop listening to the album. Dream pop and electronic Great album to listen to at night or while you write. I listen to this album a lot while I'm on the train or bus. I actually like this album more than her other two albums l
  2. Oct 23, 2012
    A wonderful album which introduces new sounds in Bat For Lashes' music. In this record Khan leaves behind tribal-dark atmospheres to embrace minimal electronic (except for "Horses of The Sun", a track that reminds of "Glass" from her previous album "Two Suns"). If you've loved Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know", you can't not listen to "All Your Gold" and of you like Tori Amos you must listen to "Laura". Listen to it and you will not be able to stop 'til it's finished! Collapse
  3. Oct 17, 2013
    Amazing. Every song is fantastic. Natasha is uber-talented............................................................................................

1. Dec 31, 2012
    The Haunted Man is so effortlessly emotive that it seems to demand that we demand even more from it. Or at least, it would, if it weren't so easy to get lost in the many layers of these melodies and start thinking about the ghosts that Bat For Lashes is trying to chase away.
  2. Dec 4, 2012
    At it's best, the record finds her swapping the heavy-handed concepts that've largely driven her work to date for the irrefutable impact of raw lyricism. [No. 93, p.56]
    Unlike previous Bat for Lashes albums, which grew gimmicky and overloaded, The Haunted Man keeps Ms. Khan and her unexpectedly succinct melodies in the foreground, urgent and unguarded.