9.2

Review this album

1. Jun 6, 2012
    As live albums go it's really good and if youâ
  2. j30
    Nov 10, 2011
    I wasn't sure whether the Talking Heads would translate well live or not. But rest assured, they bring on home.
  3. May 16, 2011
    Another great live record I have heard recently (the other being Led Zeppelin's How the West Was Won). If they had only released disc 1, I would have given this a perfect score. The first disc is just an amazing record...maybe not Talking Heads rawest, but the band sure feels loose yet pointed. Disc two is very good, but maybe a little too tightly-wound with additional musicians. MaybeAnother great live record I have heard recently (the other being Led Zeppelin's How the West Was Won). If they had only released disc 1, I would have given this a perfect score. The first disc is just an amazing record...maybe not Talking Heads rawest, but the band sure feels loose yet pointed. Disc two is very good, but maybe a little too tightly-wound with additional musicians. Maybe Byrne was trying to be too perfect, which I feel deterred from the overall feel of the disc. Still, though, this was a great refresher for me on the Talking Heads. They were a great live band! Expand
  4. Mar 24, 2012
    Most of the songs on here will equal, if not exceed, the original album songs themselves. A must-have live album--I personally prefer this TH live album over "Stop Making Sense".
  5. Jul 25, 2013
    This record is everything that is great about Talkin Gheads. Fantastic performances and great stage banter transport the listener back to the good old days of the lat 1970's and early 1980's.

1. The result is both the best career-spanning snapshot of and single-purchase introduction to Talking Heads-- odd accolades for a live record-- and a treat for longtime fans.
    Terrifically thorough. [Nov 2004, p.131]