8.9

Review this album

1. Dec 13, 2011
    A beautiful album, so many memorable tracks. This deserved all the success and acclaim it got. The only 2 tracks I don't love are the opening and closing ones, everything in between is magical.
  2. Sep 27, 2011
    Simply masterful! Every song on this album is fantastic! Grounds for Divorce lured me in and I'm still listening to this album two years later. Front-man Guy Garvey's voice is the perfect combination of melodic and unique; maybe a little gritty. He sets the stage for a very emotional album that will excite and lift your spirit. Even the weakest songs are better than just about anything onSimply masterful! Every song on this album is fantastic! Grounds for Divorce lured me in and I'm still listening to this album two years later. Front-man Guy Garvey's voice is the perfect combination of melodic and unique; maybe a little gritty. He sets the stage for a very emotional album that will excite and lift your spirit. Even the weakest songs are better than just about anything on the radio. Expand
  3. Aug 14, 2010
    Elbow's most complete album, not one song disappoints, a feat I very much doubt they'll surpass. From the upbeat 'Grounds for Divorce' to the beauty of 'Mirrorball' there are plenty of 'makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up' moments. And if you get the chance see these guys live!!
  4. Jan 3, 2012
    A Masterpiece! Brilliant. This is literally my favourite album of all time. Guy Garvey is a genius and should be worshipped as a God! I do not have a favourite song as i love every single one equally as if they were my children.

1. The Seldom Seen Kid is Elbow's most self-assured and enjoyable album so far.
  2. The achievement of The Seldom Seen Kid is that Elbow manage to be both incredibly consistent and perpetually improving.
  3. The Seldom Seen Kid keeps the band on this upward trajectory.