• Record Label: Island
8.2

Review this album

1. StirlingNC
    Jan 3, 2008
    I really don't understand the low metascore, the best album ever released.
  2. MichaelM
    May 23, 2007
    sweet ass sweet....nice hooks...catchy..everything i love about the bravery...get this
  3. SteveJ
    Jun 4, 2007
    I don't get why everyone is so harsh on them...this is pretty good indie/pop/rock/whatever it is called. If I find myself bobbing my head along to a song when it comes on, it's okay by me.
  4. brookp
    Jun 4, 2007
    Friggin great album, in this world of sugary pop, It's nice to see something that has alot of melancholy substance, delivered with beautifull melodies and some of the coolest loops i ever. And stuff the killers, they have commercial numbers thats it.
  5. DavidP
    solid album
  6. MikeD
    Jun 8, 2007
    more rock than electronic than their first album the New York band evolves with their second instalment to show that they are more than just the same neo new wave.
  7. DerrikR
    Jun 9, 2007
    Easily a good cd! the bravery nailed it with split me wide open and bad sun
  8. LaurenC
    Jul 8, 2007
    I don't understand the low metascore- this album was a great follow-up. Their sound has changed a bit, but you definitely still get that warm feeling inside after hearing one of their songs. Great, great album. Go listen to it!
  9. HeatherC.
    Dec 21, 2007
    Ok, stop with your hating. I am sure that if the Bravery came out before the Killers, we would all be hating the Killers. These boys are creative. Sure I could go without "Every Word In Your Mouth" (worst song off the album and the only reason why I'm not giving it a 10) but it is so... great. A departure of the computer made stuff. Smart boys and really worth it. But they have Ok, stop with your hating. I am sure that if the Bravery came out before the Killers, we would all be hating the Killers. These boys are creative. Sure I could go without "Every Word In Your Mouth" (worst song off the album and the only reason why I'm not giving it a 10) but it is so... great. A departure of the computer made stuff. Smart boys and really worth it. But they have evolved... and for the better. Expand
  10. NatalieP
    Dec 20, 2007
    Easily my favorite album of the year. The synths from the first album are still present, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the more vocal feel of this album. Endicott continues to shine, and the guitars were phenomenal.
  11. GillianManson
    Jun 6, 2007
    Fantastic sounds, loved The Bravery but this is better. Every song is a winner. FANTASTIC.

[An] album of sharply assembled rock & roll. [Jun 2007, p.105]
  2. Too sappy for the cool kids, sure, but still a fine pop record.
  3. The overall mood is a bit more pensive and solemn. [26 May 2007]