• Record Label: Atlantic
8.2

Review this album

1. FabioJ.
    Nov 30, 2001
    Jewel's new CD is very good. I really like it.
  2. DennisF.
    Jan 2, 2002
    Some wonderful songs on this album, but others miss. The rock songs feel awkward and self-conscious, as if she knows that she's mimicking Joplin and Raitt.
  3. izata
    Jun 25, 2006
    incredibky magnificient!! every track is great!!! my favs r "standin still","this way","break me""serve the ego","love me just leave me alone" n "till we run out of road"... never i've heard such a brilliant album!! if i could i'd give it a 100! this is better than anything that's exist in this world!!!!
  4. MartiJohnsn
    Jan 24, 2002
    This is Jewel's most progressive album. I think she has really matured as a singer ("Love Me Just Leave Me Alone", "Serve the Ego") and also a song-writer ("Serve the Ego" and "The New Wild West").
  5. JohnS.
    Jan 7, 2002
    First album, this is me. Second album, this is you. Third album, this is it. The real thing, sung in a range from minstrel to Janis Joplin.

1. An album of tuneful but calculated pop-rock to be admired rather than loved.
    Knowing what she's capable of, it's impossible not to feel disappointed. [Feb 2002, p.120]
  3. It's her first genuine step forward... probably the best record she has cut to date.