TKOL RMX 1234567 - Radiohead
TKOL RMX 1234567 Image
Metascore
67

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critics What's this?

User Score
7.4

Generally favorable reviews- based on 24 Ratings

Your Score
0 out of 10
Rate this:
  • 10
  • 9
  • 8
  • 7
  • 6
  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1
  • 0
  • 0
  • Summary: The remix of the King of Limbs album features work from Actress, Altrice, Caribou, Nathan Fake, Four Tet, Jacques Greene, Jamie xx, Lone, Modeselektor, Objekt, Pearson Sound, and SBTRKT.
Score distribution:
  1. Positive: 11 out of 18
  2. Negative: 0 out of 18
  1. Oct 11, 2011
    83
    The best of these remixes excite and innovate in ways their counterparts didn't.
  2. Oct 6, 2011
    80
    It grows, fades and breathes like an album should, it provides enough singles to make it the envy of many a record, and it also demonstrates what a perfect stem the original TKOL was.
  3. Oct 5, 2011
    70
    Its most successful examples retain some Radiohead DNA, but reconstituted into a new form.
  4. Oct 18, 2011
    70
    None of these remixes fall flat. For Radiohead fans, TKOL RMX 1234567 is an opportunity to see their favorite fivesome in a new light by some of the world's most clever electronic musicians.
  5. Oct 18, 2011
    60
    The inherent structural flaws of any given remix album also plague TKOL RMX--a lack of consistency, flow or narrative.
  6. Dec 15, 2011
    60
    As long as you're up for more mood and texture experiments there's plenty of interest. [Dec. 2011 p. 135]

See all 18 Critic Reviews

Score distribution:
  1. Positive: 4 out of 8
  2. Negative: 2 out of 8
  1. May 6, 2012
    10
    This album is very diverse. I definitely recommend it. It continues the experimentation of The King of Limbs in a very interesting way. Very good job to all the producers who interpreted these songs into these awesome remixes. I love it. Expand
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    9
    A lot better than what I thought it would be. A great remix album, even if it's not what Radiohead's fans would expect now. I liked most of the songs.
  3. Oct 12, 2011
    9
    I have Radiohead (specifically Thom Yorke's office charts) to thank for my love of a lot of the artists that appear on here, and it's great to see them working on the material that got me into them in the first place. The Jacques Green and Caribou mixes have become some of my all time favourite tracks, and there are some fascinating reinventions of TKOL that I never could have anticipated. For those that really loved TKOL, this is a great companion which unlocks some of the deeper mysteries of those tracks, and TKOL seems made for this sort of treatment - sprouting new leaves and growing again in new shapes - The King of Stems? Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2011
    4
    Ever since TKOL was released it has separated Radiohead fans right down the middle -- some see it as the band's worst effort since their debut, while others view it as an exiting turn in Radiohead's history. What invoked this gulf in opinion, though, is not the sharp turn in the band's sound - after all, you're not a Radiohead fan if you're not up for a challenge - but more the inaccessibility.

    In many ways, the remixes found on this album shed some simplistic light on the intricate darkness of TKOL's quirky, naturalistic beats -- critics of the original mixes will probably find great appeal in this, although enthusiasts of the album will find it almost primitive. Their opinions won't helped by the fact that 75% of the tracks can't sustain the quality that the other 25% demonstrate. I would advise listening to the remixes found on the band's YouTube channel - youtube.com/radiohead - before buying.
    Expand
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    4
    This idea had the potential to be great if Radiohead themselves had been more involved in the remixing. Not sure why the band felt the need to release a 19 track remix album off the back of 8 original tracks. Perhaps they should have put more energy into the original king of limbs. It has some good tracks but one cd worth would have sufficed. Alot of the time the tracks on here bear absoultely no relation to the originals - I know the idea of a remix is to bring something new to be song but here I just think the tracks are too far removed from Radiohead to really appeal to Radiohead fans. Expand
  6. Oct 18, 2011
    2
    Soulless, Boring and completely unnecessary. I guess albums like this are perfect for the torrent world which exists. People should feel shortchanged paying good money for such mediocrity. Expand
  7. Oct 12, 2011
    1
    As a Radiohead fan I look forward to any new release but this is not really Radiohead. It's a bunch of bogged down bad elevator music for tecno geeks. To call it a disappointment would be unfair. It is a disaster with not a single bright spot and one song redone 3 times for no apparent reason. Expand

See all 8 User Reviews