8.0

Review this album

1. Oct 8, 2013
    Maybe it's their sound, maybe their lyrics, but this band always keeps me coming back for something new, and they never disappoint. I'm going to be jamming out to this one for a while, and I'm sure there are songs on this album for everyone to do the same.
  2. Oct 8, 2013
    Panic! At the Disco is back with their fourth studio album. Many people complain that they do not sound like "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out". Well to be perfectly blunt with you, they haven't sounded like "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" since "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out".

Panic! At the Disco's sound changes as the years progress, and it's for the better. This time they've given us "Too
    Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!" and I will be honest I like it better than their debut album.

'This is Gospel' is the first track on the album and the second single from the album. It is energetic and reminiscent of their old work, but with a very "Too Weird/Too Rare" sound to it. It is quite the throwback to old fans and newcomers alike.

The album features 10 songs each telling a story. Too Weird/Too Rare will infect you with it's heavy drum beats and mesmerizing vocals. As a long time Panic! At the Disco fan, this change in their sound is more than welcome.
  3. Oct 8, 2013
    Maybe sounds more of the same, but, Panic! At the Disco has a great sonority and awesome lyrics. The album is short but every song can be a great single.
  4. Oct 8, 2013
    It could be because I've been a huge fan of the band since the outbreak of "I Write Sins", but this band deserves a rate of 10. With each album, single, video (ect.) these guys find a way to stir up the pot, get people talking, and change their sound. The album is coated with catchy, irresistible choruses and with the addition of Dallon Weekes, recently becoming a threesome, Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die is definitely a record with much put-forth effort. Collapse
  5. Oct 8, 2013
    Definitely just "okay", far from a 10 for sure.
    Obviously the 10's are from fans that can't give their favorite band anything less than that, sadly they are lying.
    I'm so glad I waited and didn't actually buy the album, there was a couple goodies though.
    They need to reinvent their sound again, sounds to similar to everything on the radio from a "Rock" band (even though it's more
    electronic than anything) Expand
  6. Dec 8, 2013
    I don't really like it, sorry. I think that since Jon Walker and Ryan Ross left the band several years ago, the band has taken a complete nosedive. I thought Miss Jackson was a terrible song when I first heard it. I have been a fan since they first came out, but I'm not digging this album. Way too poppy and mainstream.
  7. Dec 21, 2013
    This album is not their best, but I appreciate the constant effort to put new music out there. Panic! at the Disco is by far my favorite band because they do this. That being said, I'm not a fan of the lyrics. I fell in love with this band because they had so much depth to their lyrics in all of their other albums, but this one seems to blatantly state things rather than poetically phrase them. On one hand I really enjoy the new sound, but on the other I feel like it's missing instrumental texture. Some of the songs have too much synthesizer and it does not showcase the musical talent of the band members all that well. On a good note Brendon Urie is an amazing singer, which they do showcase in this album. The songs are also great to dance to, which is one of the things that was trying to be accomplished with this album, its only setback is that it is on the shallow side. All in all I do listen to the album and I do like it because it is still WAY better than half the people try and pass off as music today, but I can't rate it very high because I know that they have better music out there. Expand
  8. Duu
    Oct 11, 2013
    This album is lyrically vacuous and it is the biggest downfall of this album. the songs feel meaningless--like words strung together. But what cannot be denied is the strength of the music itself, both the vocal melodies and the background music. The melodies on this album are energetic, danceable, diverse, and just plain awesome. However, this isn't an instrumental album, which means that one must consider each element of the music, vocals being a huge part (with lyrics being a huge element of vocals). For this band to have made this album a special one, they needed to take the lyric writing seriously and say something meaningful instead of just stringing words together. If the lyrics were simply "not bad" then I think this would have been a great album, but the lyrics are not memorable, catchy, interesting, or even meaningful. If a band wants to be great they must have coherent, respectable lyrics no matter what subject they are singing about.

Anyone who is giving this a 10 star is pretty much proving that they care only about sound and not substance--which is fine. But I think about all the great bands and artists from the past and what elements made their music great and I just cannot rank this up there with their output. I think that people who have a shallow knowledge of music history and have not listened to anything but what is current, will judge music without the depth of understanding/knowledge required for a solid critique. I am young, but I have listened to music spanning back to the earliest recorded music and including all genres. That this album has universal acclaim on is only a sign that that music critics are losing their sense of perspective or courage and feel the need to be relevant than accurate.
  9. Oct 11, 2013
    Um dos melhores cd's que já ouvi na minha vida... super demais, com um gostinho misterioso e com a pitada certa de nostalgia que só o Panic! At the Disco consegue colocar nas suas musicas, arisco dizer que Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! superou Vices & Virtues, destaque para as musicas This Is Gospel, Miss Jackson, Nicotine, Girls/Girls/Boys!
  10. Oct 20, 2013
    Best album since pretty odd. The techno beats of casual affair, collar full mixed with the pounding drumbeats of "this is gospel" and the soaring vocals of "this is Jackson" and "Too young to die" combine to a great album
  11. Oct 20, 2013
    The only songs I enjoyed on this album were Miss Jackson and This is Gospel. The rest was just forgettable and repetitive which is quite a letdown because of how good the singles were. The other three Panic! at the Disco albums had much more character and flavor
  12. Oct 25, 2013
    Disappointed. As a big fan of both A Fever You Can't Sweat Out and Vices & Virtues, and a decent fan of Pretty. Odd., I must say this is my least liked album from them. I didn't care for Miss Jackson when it was first released, but I told myself it would get better with their next single, and it was. This Is Gospel is a great song. Catchy, has those rock undertones that I need to keep interested in music, and Brendon Urie's voice is beautiful and powerful, but after that track, it all goes downhill. Panic! has lost much of its rock influence in this album, and it feels more like a "night at the club" hip-hop, dance, and rock album. The only track that slightly redeems Panic! after This Is Gospel, is the final, The End of All Things. Probably one of the best Panic! songs I've ever heard. But when you put it in an album that overall sounds like a male version of "Get this Party Started" by Pink, it's just awful. I sure hope they learn from this experience, and change their ways in the years to come Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2013
    To be completely honest.. This wasn't their best album but it still rocked, despite many of the songs having a similar sound. Panic still never fails to give the fans what they want. Its good overall.
  14. Jan 9, 2014
    Just wasn't a fan of this album. Been a fan since the beginning and I wanted to like the album and tried to like I just couldn't do it. It was a had a very modern pop sound to it and I simply didn't enjoy it.
  15. Jan 28, 2014
    It's simple: this is Panic!'s best album. Sure there are a few missteps here and there on the album, but overall, their album is much more intricate and mature on this album, which makes for a more enjoyable and interesting listen than what they have put out before.
  16. Mar 18, 2014
    At least Brendon Urie's pretentiously verbose lyrics are a bit diminished in this one. Probably a lot electronic for my taste, and I was disappointed because I loved P!atD's previous albums. But I guess this is just one way a band can evolve.
  17. Apr 3, 2014
    It may be an unpopular opinion, but every time Panic! releases an album, I think it's better than the last. They just keep on getting good. I agree with one user that hey haven't sounded like "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" since "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out", and I think that's great! At the time, the album was a massive success, especially since the genre was prevalent, with FOB being quite famous.

As for the album, I think the only one I didn't like that much was "Girl That You Love". As for the other songs, I think they were really, really good. They won't beat the lyrical genius of "Fever" (Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer?), but still good. I guess two of my favorites would be "Nicotine" and "Collar Full". "This Is Gospel" gets a special mention because I love how the verse starts out with Urie using a vocoder, then blasts us in the chorus with his awesome voice. Brilliant.

If you haven't heard the bonus songs, you should. "All The Boys" is pretty good too.

Let me just say this, Panic is doing much more than reinventing themselves. They're evolving.
  18. Jun 14, 2014

19. Sep 1, 2014
    Decide to give it a listen on Amazon Prime considering I liked their first album when I was a teen. That being said, Surprised that it was this good. Plenty of likable songs from start to finish and was well worth a couple of repeats as well. Definitely worth checking out.

1. Oct 29, 2013
    Panic! At The Disco's latest offering is a good time, almost all the time. [5 Oct 2013, p.52]
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die! is cold and computerized, celebrating an aesthetic that proudly values overbearing, repetitious style over creative substance and varied timbres.
  3. The different moods and soundscapes take awhile to digest and let sink in, but every trip back to the dim dance floor has your feet leaving the disco with fresh moves and new accolades.