8.4

Review this album

1. Sep 29, 2010
    Am absolute masterpiece of a record, the first half is gorgeous, swelling songs that culminate in the genius that is spanish sahara. songs like This Orient and Fugue, slow it down at times but in general this is a truly fantastic album.
  2. Feb 19, 2011
    Brilliant record. Some genuinely euphoric moments- the climaxes of Blue Blood, After Glow, Spanish Sahara- the comedowns in 2 Trees and Black Gold. An emotionally powerful tour de force. My favourite record of 2010 without a doubt.
  3. Jan 1, 2013
    This is such an amazing album. Definitely one of my favourites of all time. I love how this album is such a departure from their first release, yet still amazing.
  4. Sep 14, 2011
    I love this record, a lot. I love the aquatic sound, how every guitar strum sounds like an echo underwater. I love the melodies and the lyrics and the whole kit and caboodle.
  5. Aug 13, 2010
    TLF is an amazing album, one that has staying power after repeated listens. Beautiful textures meet grooves and jams in almost every track. I especially love Afterglow and Black Gold. I give credit to Foals for not repeating Antidotes, like so many bands do for their sophomore album.

1. Dec 21, 2010
    TLF is a bid to be less in your face than in your head, and while its effect is less immediate, it's a comedown that's way more fun than the party.
  2. Fortunately, when grooves meander and sometimes gets a bit ponderous, the band's creative instincts usually kick in to right the ship. [Summer 2010, p.83]
  3. Foals' major label debut, Total Life Forever, keeps those elements intact, most notably on the title track and in the calculated urgency and cold sweat of "After Glow," but the band has redesigned the template to include a more expansive pop approach evinced by sprawling centerpiece "Spanish Sahara."