Toxicity - System Of A Down
9.2

Review this album

1. Oct 23, 2014
    Incredible!, One of the best albums ever i love it!, the best songs are "Chop Suey!", "Toxicity" And "Prison Song", Extremely awesome!!!!!!!! I Love System Of A Down
  2. Aug 17, 2014
    Metascore: 73

User Score: 9.3 (currently)

I think that pretty much says it all. I really don't get why this album has such a low score, I think it's fantastic.
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    this is my favorite album, simply the best
    System of a Down is very amazing
    I know this album backwards and not ing me this strange work
    **** the system
  4. Nov 27, 2013
    Their easiest album to get into to. It's not different enough to scare people away, and it's not simplistic enough to blend in with the rest. This album holds some of my favorite songs by them like, "Prison Song", "X", "Chop Suey!", to name a few. The best on the album in my opinion are Aerials, and X. The haunting and well written melody of Aerials, mixed with the meaningful lyricsTheir easiest album to get into to. It's not different enough to scare people away, and it's not simplistic enough to blend in with the rest. This album holds some of my favorite songs by them like, "Prison Song", "X", "Chop Suey!", to name a few. The best on the album in my opinion are Aerials, and X. The haunting and well written melody of Aerials, mixed with the meaningful lyrics make one of the best rock tracks of the decade, while the fast paced, and hard hitting X is one of the heaviest on the album. If you haven't heard the album yet, you're missing out on something. Expand
  5. Jul 14, 2013
    The best album of all times, just amazing...different from anything I've heard before...deep, melodic and epic piece of artwork...no one will ever come close to this perfection, even SOAD
  6. Mar 11, 2013
    Note to readers System of a Down's first album is by far my favorite album by them, so these other albums are great but if I say there the best band ever but give their other cds 8s or 7s now you know. Any way this album provides many great songs in sound and meaning. Though some songs get older than others, this cd should be pleasing to many audiences.
  7. Dec 22, 2012
    This album is crazy. Chop Suey! (regardless if anyone hates it) is probably the best song ever. Aerials is amazing as well. gReat job.
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    Toxicity is undoubtedly the best album of the 2000s. It consosts of three amazing tracks (Aerials, Chop Suey! and Toxicity) along with several other great pieces that I would gladly listen to. The melodies are awe-spiring as I can't help but get addicted to them with multiple goose gumps in almost every song. Subjective? Maybe. But no one can argue that System of a Down have delivered theToxicity is undoubtedly the best album of the 2000s. It consosts of three amazing tracks (Aerials, Chop Suey! and Toxicity) along with several other great pieces that I would gladly listen to. The melodies are awe-spiring as I can't help but get addicted to them with multiple goose gumps in almost every song. Subjective? Maybe. But no one can argue that System of a Down have delivered the most innovative and artisticly well-crafted album of their genre (and not only) since the new millenium. Anyone can listen to these songs having the same great feeling eleven years later after its release. We can't tell that about those nowadays with the quality of the music industry quite low right now. Expand
  9. Jul 4, 2012
    every song have single potential and with a classic include in the album like chop suey i love all the minutes hearing it. its one of the best rock albums of recent memory
  10. Apr 26, 2012
    Aww yeah love SOAD! They are such an amazing band!!! Every song is good!! Metal all the way! Woo Hoo!! Serj and Daron collaborate very nicely. Beautiful ending "Aerials"
  11. Apr 21, 2012
    One of the best metal albums of the 21st century. System of a Down is the most melodically-sound metal band on the planet and they manage to create great songs without ever sounding repetitive. Anyone who says otherwise is either a) a hipster/douchebag or b) an idiot.
  12. Mar 5, 2012
    This is system of a downs worst album but it is still one of those albums where you can enjoy every track and can't resist the urge to listen to it again.
  13. Nov 29, 2011
    I think it was a great album. System has really re-invented theirselves with this album and it worked out for the better. This is a must listen to for any fan of metal.
  14. Nov 24, 2011
    Toxicity official establishes System as one of the best metal bands out today. I liked nearly every track off the album and it is easily their best album.
  15. Aug 3, 2011
    i like every song in this album they are all crazy and experimental. but you still get that nu-metal feeling sometimes .but i am a bit disappointed WHY ISNT THIS ALBUM A MUCH LONGER. i mean its soo short
  16. Jul 28, 2011
    great album i especially liked aeriels, toxicity, and chop suey but i think that this is SOADs best album. BTW this album deserves way more than a **** 7.3!!!!
  17. Jun 23, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant metal record. A must. A perfect mix of amazing riffs, good rhythms and expressive feelings, especially with songs like Chop Suey, Toxicity or the sweet closing title Aerials .
  18. Jun 5, 2011
    I've never hated a single song by System really.
    This is one of their greatest albums in my opinion.

And Chop Suey has mixed views on what the lyrics mean.
    One being it's about the "Angels" being the "Good" people who look away from those whose lives have been destroyed.
    The other being about Jesus.
  19. Jan 13, 2011
    Every song on the album sounds great to my ears and nobody else sounds close to their greatness of alternative metal and great vocals by the two singers.
  20. Dec 30, 2010
    I was rather late to the System of a Down party, only discovering them a few years ago and I loved this album, this is a great album and I strongly recommend this to metal-heads and others alike.

1. When System's at their best, the Los Angeles four-piece evokes most vividly punk politicos the Dead Kennedys.... Yet the band sputters out when the lyrics are awash in vagueness.
    Toxicity is virtually unlistenable: thrash metal splintered into a million pieces by unnecessary time changes, topped off with excruciatingly theatrical vocals. [Dec 2001, p.118]
  3. Cast in layers upon layers of aural intricacy, Toxicity charters new frontiers, yet it’s still grinding rock at its most deafening.