Treats - Sleigh Bells
8.3

Review this album

1. Aug 25, 2010
    Nothing more than the Indie version of brokenCYDE. Just a terrible band not even worth one listen. I have absolutely no Idea why the critics like them so much.
  2. Nov 12, 2010
    Pretty awful. I heard it before I knew the extent of the hype so my response to the record wasn't a reaction to it's wide-scale adoration. The riffs are **** and simplistic, the vocals are uninteresting and stupidly affected, the drum-machine is thrown in to create the sparse, urgent sound people are cumming over. The emphasis on the drums and the aggressive repetitive riffs get somePretty awful. I heard it before I knew the extent of the hype so my response to the record wasn't a reaction to it's wide-scale adoration. The riffs are **** and simplistic, the vocals are uninteresting and stupidly affected, the drum-machine is thrown in to create the sparse, urgent sound people are cumming over. The emphasis on the drums and the aggressive repetitive riffs get some people off apparently. Yes, it is different. But the songs are half-formed ideas which rely smugly on the novelty of the aesthetic more than actual melodies. They could get better. But for now they are the most over-hyped band of the decade. Expand
  3. Jan 5, 2011
    Loud, overbearing guitars, uncreative beats and annoying, playground chant-like vocals. Nothing creative going on in the melodies department either. Nothing to see here, move along.

1. That their most charming song by far is the straight George Clinton rip "Rill Rill," which leaves open the question of what they can do for an encore. I'll grant that minimalist bands always leave that question open if you'll grant that too often the answer is repeat themselves.
  2. It's the Ting Tings amplified past 11, and the two never stray far from the formula.
  3. Abrasive and addictive, the duo have together discovered a chemistry that not only excites themselves, but almost anyone else who experiences it. [Aug 2010, p.122]