Treats

8.3

Review this album

1. Blake
    Jun 6, 2010
    It's loud, but honestly, that's as interesting as it gets when it comes to this album.
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    This is a great feel-good record meant for speaker-blasting. It isn't really suited for anything else, but fortunately the group doesn't aspire to much more. As well as the album conquers its niche, though, the initial thrill eventually wears off, and only a few songs really stick with you. I have to wonder about the longevity of Sleigh Bells' appeal, but I really can't blame anyone forThis is a great feel-good record meant for speaker-blasting. It isn't really suited for anything else, but fortunately the group doesn't aspire to much more. As well as the album conquers its niche, though, the initial thrill eventually wears off, and only a few songs really stick with you. I have to wonder about the longevity of Sleigh Bells' appeal, but I really can't blame anyone for loving them to death right now. Expand

1. That their most charming song by far is the straight George Clinton rip "Rill Rill," which leaves open the question of what they can do for an encore. I'll grant that minimalist bands always leave that question open if you'll grant that too often the answer is repeat themselves.
  2. It's the Ting Tings amplified past 11, and the two never stray far from the formula.
  3. Q Magazine
    Abrasive and addictive, the duo have together discovered a chemistry that not only excites themselves, but almost anyone else who experiences it. [Aug 2010, p.122]