Trilogy - The Weeknd
8.4

Review this album

1. N10
    Nov 18, 2012
    Three mixtape's in one album, that truley is raw. Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) is vocally fantastic, one of the best, if not the best. The sound of it is dark and creepy, many consider him as a darker version of Michael Jackson, for me it's just Abel, the storytelling and lyrics is way to diffrent but vocally I can agree to some point. The production is really good and fitting to his voice. AThree mixtape's in one album, that truley is raw. Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) is vocally fantastic, one of the best, if not the best. The sound of it is dark and creepy, many consider him as a darker version of Michael Jackson, for me it's just Abel, the storytelling and lyrics is way to diffrent but vocally I can agree to some point. The production is really good and fitting to his voice. A really good artist, while youre in to his music there's no escape. My favourite track's at the moment is (based on three songs of each mixtape) : What You Need, The Morning, Wicked Games, Life of the Party, The Zone, Valerie, Montreal, Same Old Song and Next.
    If you havent heard so much of The Weeknd, listen to this, buy if you like it, and the rest of ous... let's just support it. The Weeknd surely is a big name of our generations R&B, three fantastic mixtape's in one!
  2. Nov 14, 2012
    This album is the most creative one of 2012.
  3. Nov 15, 2012
    As a whole it is a definite buy for someone that enjoys, the other new wave of R&B artists like Miguel and Frank Ocean. and a real ride for a album as a debut record.
  4. Nov 16, 2012
    Trilogy is a great compilation. Includes The Weeknd's critically acclaimed mixtapes, including the smooth "House Of Balloons" which includes a variety of styles smashed together with R&B. Also, "Thursday" (one of my favorite albums of 2011), which has more of a Rock feeling, still keeping the R&B. The third mixtape, the softer "Echoes Of Silence", I don't particularly enjoy it aside fromTrilogy is a great compilation. Includes The Weeknd's critically acclaimed mixtapes, including the smooth "House Of Balloons" which includes a variety of styles smashed together with R&B. Also, "Thursday" (one of my favorite albums of 2011), which has more of a Rock feeling, still keeping the R&B. The third mixtape, the softer "Echoes Of Silence", I don't particularly enjoy it aside from the Dirty Diana cover. Also included are three brand new songs, including "Til Dawn" which reminds me of Kanye's 808's and Heartbreak. Expand
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    This is the best R&B release of the year. The Weeknd is running the show at this point. Hard to pick just one standout track from this group of 30, as all of them really standout in their own way. Is it perfect? No, but no release is.
  6. Nov 19, 2012
    Easily one of the most creative and defining records of this decade so far. The Trilogy is well worth a listen even for people who have already gotten the original three mix-tapes. You can tell that all of the songs got re-polished and the addition of 3 bonus tracks makes this well worth every penny!!
  7. Feb 26, 2013
    Individually I gave him a 9, 9 and 8 to mixtapes

But I think the three together plus the three new tracks that are really incredible, deserve reward Universal Republic and XO with a 10, for the great gamble that did in this play. A compilation album of mixtapes of a new artist of R B, in the times where really the R B is very low in popularity, is a bet very risky in commercial
    Individually I gave him a 9, 9 and 8 to mixtapes

A compilation album of mixtapes of a new artist of R B, in the times where really the R B is very low in popularity, is a bet very risky in commercial terms, but I think this time the public has valued quality over commercial.

The best album of 2012 and really one of the best R B I've heard in a long time, The Weeknd has earned a fan.
  8. Mar 30, 2013
    It's Trilogy. He had me at High for This then he sprung What You Need. By Coming Down, I had no doubts that this was perhaps the best R&B collection of all time. A bit hyperbolic, but this is just a mixtape. By his debut album, we should know how impressive this young artist is for his age.

1. This kind of remaster campaign is normally reserved for albums that have had decades to sink into the national consciousness as is, introducing a shock-of-the-new, hearing-it-again-for-the-first-time element, and while the oldest of the Trilogy material has only been around for a year and a half or so, the differences in the new mixes can still be jarring.
  2. Jan 3, 2013
    The Weeknd starts here. Jan 2013, p.108]
  3. Dec 11, 2012
    Overall, in fact, it might feel like a little too much of The Weeknd all at once. But then again the music is so good it might just be what the doctor ordered.