6.9

Review this album

1. Dec 20, 2012
    I Absolutely LOVE Trouble Man: Heavy Is The Head. T.I is one of my favorite rappers. This album is excellent and it just shows that T.I is still the KING.
  2. Dec 20, 2012
    This is one of those albums that you don't have to skip songs. There are a couple of songs that I could do without like the aimless "Addresses". That one song does not take away from my listening pleasure though. Another gripe I have with the album is that it sometimes loses its focus even with the help of skits. The album is not perfect but it is definitely another album to add to a very strong legacy. Expand
  3. Mar 15, 2013
    Amazing. I haven't enjoyed an album as much in years, I was going to give it an 8/9 but 'Wounderful Life" makes this a perfect score worthy for me, such an amazing song.
  4. Mar 15, 2013
    T.I is simply amazing, this guy's flow is just unbelievable, I loved this album, obviously it's not since Wayne is on it and I hated 'Ball' but it's pretty good, more people should buy it imo.
  5. Dec 23, 2012
    The only reason I gave this album a 9 was for a few industry singles like the one with lil wayne, but other than that trouble man is solid and worthy of notice.
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    Trouble Man: Heavy is the Head is another classic album by T.I. The biggest mistake you can make coming into this album is thinking that it will be like his last 2 albums. While I can still find a strong respect for his last 2 albums, they didn't contain the consistent realness that an album needs to be a classic. This album is a completely different story. It is his best story telling album. Listening to this album, T.I. paints a picture of his grind throughout differently than he or anyone else has and spells out what's most important in his life in the very first song. He has songs that touch on very personal subjects. There are songs for a variety of taste thrown in at well placed times throughout the album as well, but no songs are too far away from what makes T.I. the artist that he was his first 5 albums. Almost every song that remotely seems like the T.I. from the last 2 albums, which has to be very few, is an improved version both productively and lyrically. The production and sound is once again something new, but great for the game as T.I. is usually aware and talented enough to get the right people and assist in making sure of. Every feature is a positive for the album with the exception of "Hello" with Cee Lo Green due to the disappointment of his full potential really not coming close to being reached. The song is neutral for the album because of T.I.'s part and the portion of importance it holds for the album as a whole. The Lil Wayne feature is pretty much what you expect, which is decent but not great, but he has been the most influential rapper in the game for whatever reason the past decade, so T.I. probably wanted to get his stamp in there. Most of the features did reach their full potential though and assist in making the album a classic, which T.I. should get some credit for knowing the people to include to get the right feel across. These features include Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Andre 3000, R Kelly, P!NK (yes P!NK), and Akon. The album also includes a sample of Marvin Gaye's song "Trouble Man" which partly inspired the title of the album, and Akon covering a sample of Elton John's "Your Song". This album solidifies T.I.'s status as a top 3 artist of all time when you take into account his talent on every level and longevity. Expand

1. Feb 21, 2013
    By combining the deep-bass beats and fast-spitting rhymes of Trap Muzik with mature, more-to-the-story rhymes, Tip finds himself back in the limelight. [Feb-Mar 2013, p.89]
  2. Feb 7, 2013
    A record that finely straddles his gruff past and glitzier present. DJ Toomp buoys T.I. on Trap Back Jumpin. An incandescent collaboration with André 3000 balances out an unfortunate Pink cameo.
  3. Jan 8, 2013
    Trouble Man's scattershot approach makes it the realest album the guy could make in 2012, but that doesn't make it any good.