• Record Label: Epitaph
  • Release Date: Jan 22, 2013
8.5

Review this album

1. May 6, 2015
    This is Bad Religion's best album since probably 1992's "Generator", my favorite album by them. It's not that their latest albums have been bad, well not all of them anyway...yeah, No Substance, we're looking at you... but none have been as an instantly classically great as this one. It has everything we've always loved about Bad Religion-the punchy rhythms, the guitar solos, the vocalThis is Bad Religion's best album since probably 1992's "Generator", my favorite album by them. It's not that their latest albums have been bad, well not all of them anyway...yeah, No Substance, we're looking at you... but none have been as an instantly classically great as this one. It has everything we've always loved about Bad Religion-the punchy rhythms, the guitar solos, the vocal harmonies, the lyrics, etc. Expand
  2. Apr 11, 2015
    30 minutes of Bad Religion's typical smart lyrics and adrenaline rush. The entire album is perfectly summarized in the song **** You". "Sorrow", however, is a satiric and emotional retelling of the story of Job. Sorrow specifically doesn't get enough credit, and is one of the finest songs the band has produced.Great album, BR never disappoints its fans.
  3. Mar 13, 2013
    True North is the first important release of 2013, and it is an excellent work by Greg Graffin and all the other guys. There are many good songs and You is really exciting. No bad songs, although I don't like Vanity very much. Obviously it's not No Control, but it sounds very good.

1. Jun 12, 2014
    The compositions and the lyrics are strong, while the guys feel like they had a lot of fun recording.
    Concise, clever and at war with everything from alienation to greed and loss, it's a rallying cry in a world that's lost its voice. [Mar 2013, p.97]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with the Lemonheads-style chug of the remainder, though it plants its flag firmly in the same sonic terrain they occupied during 2010’s The Dissent Of Man.