8.7

Review this album

1. MinelB
    Mar 20, 2004
    Sondre Lerche achieved with this second album a thing I thought it was humanly possible: record an album even better than its predecessor Faces Down. This Norwegian fine artist does the best "Brain Pop" music I've ever heard. The kind of music that once invades your ear drums, it will never come out...
  2. julie
    Jul 14, 2004
    helt klart 10, utrolig bra! Gleder meg til plate nr 3:)
  3. FråBeeeergen!Beeergenebyen!
    Apr 14, 2004
    Stå på, Sondre! Du e best! Brann e laget og byen e Bergen i vest!
  4. NeilL
    Mar 1, 2005
    I can't put my finger on it. I listen to a wide variety of music, my favorite genre notably being "turntablism", and yet this is possibly my favorite album of 2004. It's a masterpeice of hauntingly beautiful songs. If there's anything worth singing about it's Love and Friendship and Sondre Lerche knows it.
  5. RussellP.
    Mar 30, 2005
    I have no idea what's so compelling about Sondre Lerche's music or this album in particular, but I'm hooked. The only reason I didn't give the album a ten is that all of the songs sound eerily similar to one another (excluding Two Way Monologue). Albums do need more uniqueness(is that a word?) and an album that produces too many similar songs is not a ten. This album I have no idea what's so compelling about Sondre Lerche's music or this album in particular, but I'm hooked. The only reason I didn't give the album a ten is that all of the songs sound eerily similar to one another (excluding Two Way Monologue). Albums do need more uniqueness(is that a word?) and an album that produces too many similar songs is not a ten. This album is still extremely addictive. Expand
  6. RyanC
    Jun 16, 2005
    Seriously, check this album out if you don't have it. Sondre is an incredibly talented musician and singer. Favorite album of the year by far!
  7. multe4
    Aug 24, 2005
    I just love this album a actually it opend my world to music. For that I should have huged him but his a far way from here and u must forguve me for no doing so!
  8. NealL
    Jun 21, 2006
    This album is extremely wonderful with its unique genre and Sondre's wonderfully calm and soothing voice. I rarly give albums a ten, but this is worth every compliment. Thank you Sondre Lerche

The sophomore-slump-beating Two Way Monologue showcases Lerche's expanding sensibility for songwriting, even if it sacrifices some of the passion of his debut. [#6, p.86]
  2. His arrangements are floral and handcrafted and warm. [May 2004, p.102]