Unapologetic - Rihanna
5.9

Review this album

1. Sep 22, 2014
    Since "Rated R", Rihanna wasn't so deep with her albums, but with "Unapologetic" she really came back to the darkness more powerful than all!

Songs like "Stay", "What Now", "Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary", "Loveeeeeee Song" and "Half of Me" remind that brave Rihanna who really has so much to scream to the world, with so many hurts and tears.

By the way, sings like "Pour It Up",
    "Jump" and "Phresh Out The Runway" made her a luxury woman that just wanna have fun and show her money.

Rihanna is amazing and "Unapologetic" too! I was really impressed with it. ♥
  2. Dec 5, 2013
    One of the best albums by Rihanna, if you go back to her first album in 2005, you will see how Rihanna has evolved!! This album is just as good as Loud. This album may be rushed but it doesn't defeat the fact that she releases good music. Very diverse!!
  3. May 12, 2013
    This totally slays all over Talk That Talk. This album is really great! Pour It Up, Stay, Diamonds and Nobody's Buisness Numb and Jump are the best tracks on the album. Great album!
  4. Jul 5, 2013
    Even if heavy synths of "Phresh Out The Runway" aren't the best way to open the album, I have to admit, that "Unapologetic" is a perfect album. Promoted by two amazing pop soul ballads ("Diamonds" and "Stay"), chilled-out hip hop song ("Pour It Up") and a monster Guetta collab ("Right Now") it's ready to become the greatest album of 2013. From sweet-love R&B song "Loveeeeeee Song", through the dubstep "Jump", most epic song Rihanna ever made "Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary and reggae breakup record "No Love Allowed" to the deluxe edition only "Half Of Me" this album is almost flawless (excluding Chris Brown's unnecesary guest verse in "Nobody's Business"). It's definitely my favourite album of all-time.

5. Sep 12, 2013
    Definitely one of her best, if not the best. The mix of sounds does not affect the cohesion at all. She seems to have found her niche with this. Well done.
  6. Oct 27, 2013
    Her best album to be honest. It experiments with electropop, R&B, club music and more, with catchy dance songs like Right Now and Lost In Paradise, urban tracks like Fresh Off The Runway and Pour It Up, ballads like Diamonds, What Now and Stay, reggae in No Love Allowed, retro in Nobody's Business and experimental tracks like Numb and Jump. The album truly delivers, it takes the listener on a journey. Rated R was her best album until this one. Collapse
  7. Dec 29, 2012
    Rih prepares the start of her most powerful era yet as Unapologetic reigns supreme, raising the bar even higher this year, setting standards for pop music at its highest level yet. Taking a whole new take on EDM, Rihanna list's some of the top producers under her belt this time around, as we are blown away by the albums opening track 'Phresh Out The Runway' as we get the change to see Rihanna experiment with electronic and Hip Hop on the same track... Impressive for a pop artist. Songs such as Diamonds and Stay easily let us relate to the project as they are the ones we know and love. Songs such as 'Jump' 'Lost In Paradise' and 'No Love Aloud' give the album a more fun, inspiring, up-tempo tone, setting the album apart from old favourites such as TTT, Loud and Rated R. Overall a great project from the Barbados-raised superstar, leaving us wanting more. Just what will Rih do next...? Expand
  8. Nov 12, 2013
    Rihanna had a total up do upon this album, you see the vulnerability and emotion throughout the songs, She expresses situations she's experienced some of her other albums some what lacked. her voice and live voice have immensley improved. Great Album.
  9. Nov 19, 2012
    This album is some of Rihanna's best work. Whilst her "thug life" persona still reigns strong, this project is still something we've never heard before. Just like all of her albums, Rihanna's sonic variation spans widely across the album, but this time, it's more than that. Some of the songs really go into uncharted territory for her level of pop supestardom. It goes without saying that probably not every track will be for everyone.. and there are highs and lows. But her brave experimentation is eventually proved very successful. The epic heights of 'Diamonds', the luxury of 'Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary', the beauty of 'Stay', the funk of 'Nobody's Business', the mystery of 'Numb' and the wild 'Jump' are some of the highlights. But the production and music all round is really great.
    Rihanna's lyrical allusions to Chris Brown throughout the album is the only one thing which unfortunately can't be ignored. As if a controversial collaboration with him wasn't enough, for some reason a couple of questionable references to past events seem somewhat... unnecessary.
    That said, Unapologetic should not disappoint anybody with a broad taste and general appreciation of urban pop music, mixed with the best of other genre influences like reggae and EDM.
  10. Nov 21, 2012
    Her best album since Rated R with different rhythms , great lyrics and vocal. She keeps surprising us with wonderful worksand showing to the world who Rihanna really is and what she really feels.
  11. Nov 19, 2012
    Moving away from Talk That Talk, Unapologetic is a lot of effort by Rihanna. All the songs have it's story and flow very well when you are listening this album. The album goes in the awesome GGGB, Rated R, Loud collection!
  12. Nov 26, 2012
    Personally I think that Unapologetic is one of Rihanna's best albums. She mixed different kind of music and that makes it an album completely different from the other ones. It's true that some of the Unapologetic songs could have been done better (for example:Pour it up or Numb that has nothing related with the last Eminem and Rihanna collaboration) but songs like: diamonds, stay, right now, lost in paradise, half of me, love without tragedy and loveeeeee song are truly good. My advice to the people that don't like Rihanna and pointed Unapologetic with a 0 just because it's another fast Rihanna's album, is to listen it without judging her and listening just the music. Expand
  13. Feb 26, 2013
    I still don't get why there's a lot of people who hates this album. It is nearly perfect. Yes, it isn't filled of commercial and pop songs, but it is confidential, it has tons of amazing lyrics and it is portraying an amazing era. Definitely not Rihanna's best, but very good though.
  14. Jun 5, 2013
    Unapologetic is one of the Rihanna's best albums and consequently one of the best albums of 2012, this is because of a range of factors: There are a wide range of genres used such as pop, rock, and even frequent dubstep/baseline breaks in some of her songs. It reveals Rihanna's soft side in songs such as ''Stay'' and ''Loveeee song'', and ''Diamonds'' as well as playing up her 'Bad' girl attitude in songs such as ''Phresh out the runway'' and ''Pour it up''. Almost every song in this album is fantastic and on a very high level, she used a range of featured artist including the fan favorite Eminem. The only problem with this album is that it is very addictive. Expand
  15. Mar 6, 2013
    Rihanna has been back to the Rated R time in a totally different way. Rated R had more electronic songs, and this one is full with R&B, Hip-Hop and ballad songs, totally different from the Rihanna original style. but anyway it was good.
  16. Apr 10, 2013
    "Unapologetic" is an album very sentimental and we can not deny. Rihanna spent over 6 months in the production of this new album with great producers and songwriters. And the songs that stand out are: "Diamonds" "Stay" "Pour It Up" and others. So that is one of the best albums of Rihanna's career, but the RATED R is the best of all.
  17. Apr 26, 2013
    A great, diverse album. It has club bangers like Phresh Out the Runway, Pour It Up and Jump. It has great ballads like Stay, What Now, Half of Me, and Diamonds, R&B songs like Loveeeeeee Song, and other great standout tracks like Lost In Paradise, Numb, Nobody's Business, Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary, and No Love Allowed. Every song on here is great, something that's hard to find in music nowadays but Rihanna seems to deliver more consistently than her peers when it comes to the quality of her albums. This album has something everyone could enjoy. Most of these reviews are negative because of her personal life and not the actual quality and content of the album. Expand
  18. Aug 25, 2014
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HUNTY.
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    I can't believe in some reviews that I read.."Her actions are irresponsible and sends the wrong message to her young fans" was the worst I think..YOU WHO WRITE THIS, KNOW WHAT MESSAGE RIHANNA SENDS TO HER YOUNG FANS WITH HER ACTIONS? THE MESSAGE OF FORGIVENESS AND LOVE! JUST THAT! You idiot fans who give 0 because Rihanna did make a music of Chris Brown...oh God..I'll stop here.About the album,incredible! Amazing vocals,a lot of genres,amazing musics...one of her best albuns. Expand
  20. Nov 20, 2012
    If you are a Rihanna's fan, this album works perfectly for you, she keeps her style and the lyrics are mixed, some very deep and some just to relax and dance. I think is amazing!!!
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    Too many people are basing this album off of Rihanna's history and situation. This is an amazing album and I'm not saying that because I like her as an artist but because she really gave her all on this album and it shows. She is one of the few rare artists that can create an album with so many sounds and still sound genuine. On this album, she has pop-rock (What Now), torch (Stay), reggae (No Love Allowed), Hip-hop (Phresh Out the Runway), R&B (Jump),80's rock (Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary), disco (Nobodies Business), and even a little bit of jazz (Get It Over With). The problem is too many people are basing this album solely off of the one song with Chris Brown which I think is pretty decent. If this album was by any other artist, there would be no hesitations to call this album of the year. I don't get it. When her voice is weak, they say she needs more power. When she's too innocent, they say she needs an edge. When she sings about sex all the time, she sings more about love. When they say she can't perform live, she blows them away. Now that she's proven how great of artist, people want to point out little petty things like how she doesn't write her own lyrics or her duet with Chris Brown. Not everyone can write their own lyrics and Rihanna is showing that she is a SINGER. And her duet with Chris Brown was spot on, that is NOBODIES BUSINESS but their own. Leave her life out of it ad just enjoy the music for what it is. At the end of the day, I'm glad she is Unapologetic about being herself because God knows people will judge her regardless so even trying to remotely care will only leave her in misery. Expand
  22. Nov 19, 2012
    I love this album. It's really different from what she's done before. As usual, this album contains an outstanding variety. This album also continues the trend started in previous albums, since the quality of the music has yet again augmented from her previous release.
  23. Nov 19, 2012
    An album wonderful, with different rhythms and genres, for all tastes, rihanna risked, innovated and was perfect! with deep lyrics and vocally evolved, I deserved my note 10 to this wonderful singer Rihanna!
  24. Nov 19, 2012
    I have to admit that at first listen of this album, I wasn't too impressed but after I went through my day and I realized that I was playing the songs in my head, I had to go back and listen again. Now, the entire album is repeat. Give it another try. Trust me, all of the songs will get to you.
  25. Nov 19, 2012
    I don't know what everyone else is hearing but I hear some pretty decent music. I don't really like Rihanna and I can honestly say that she's proven to me that she can make decent music. I don't understand why people are stooping so low by giving her a 0, it isn't that bad. I was going to give her an 8 but now I'm just going to giver her a 10 for that foolishness.
  26. Nov 19, 2012
    Riri has done it again. I don't understand all of the negativity with people on this album. Is it because she did a duet with Chris? Anyways, Love without Tragedy is the most beautiful song I have ever heard. I also am in love with What Now, Pour it Up, Jump, No Love Allowed, Diamonds, Stay, Right Now, Lost in Paradise, Get it Over With, Numb, and Phresh Out the Runway. Heck, I love the entire album. Go buy because she definitely deserves #1 for this album. :) Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2012
    The reason people are rating this album poorly is because they want songs like "We Found love" or "Only Girl In The World". That's what they expect from Rihanna. This was unexpected and although I love her club bangers, I'm enjoying her refreshing ballads right now. Do your thang baby gurl.
  28. Nov 19, 2012
    Love LOve LOVE this album. I can jam, cry, dance, and vibe to this album. Repeat until her next one come out which hopefully is next year lol. Only Rihrih can do an album each year and still have the world sucked in.
  29. Nov 19, 2012
    Its just an perfect album. every song on the album is a hit. it shows Rihannas vocal talent in ballades like "What Now" or "Stay" (which are both one of the best Rihanna Songs). Her last big Album was "Rated R and i think "Unapologetic" as well as it. I think the best Tracks on the Album are "What Now" and "Whats Love Without Tragedy"
  30. Nov 20, 2012
    The album is very close to be named perfect.
    'Stay' is her best ballad EVER, 'Mother Mary' is a real grower. And of course, 'Jump' is classic already.
    It's the first Rihanna album I can listen from start to finish without any skipping (maybe just Loveee Song, kinda repetitive). Guetta's Right Now is basic, but will be huge in Europe.
    All other songs from dubstep-urban beginning to the
    ballad-y second half are incredible Expand

1. Nov 28, 2012
    The now-24-year-old's voice may be simple, but it's distinctive--and as defiant as her album titles.
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    Even when Unapologetic fails, it often does so in interesting ways.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    Sonically, the first half of Unapologetic picks up on the syrupy Southern hip-hop minimalism popular last summer, while much of the latter half is a grab bag of unwieldy balladry.