Unapologetic - Rihanna
5.8

Review this album

1. Nov 19, 2012
    An album wonderful, with different rhythms and genres, for all tastes, rihanna risked, innovated and was perfect! with deep lyrics and vocally evolved, I deserved my note 10 to this wonderful singer Rihanna!
  2. Nov 19, 2012
    Too many people are basing this album off of Rihanna's history and situation. This is an amazing album and I'm not saying that because I like her as an artist but because she really gave her all on this album and it shows. She is one of the few rare artists that can create an album with so many sounds and still sound genuine. On this album, she has pop-rock (What Now), torch (Stay), reggae (No Love Allowed), Hip-hop (Phresh Out the Runway), R&B (Jump),80's rock (Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary), disco (Nobodies Business), and even a little bit of jazz (Get It Over With). The problem is too many people are basing this album solely off of the one song with Chris Brown which I think is pretty decent. If this album was by any other artist, there would be no hesitations to call this album of the year. I don't get it. When her voice is weak, they say she needs more power. When she's too innocent, they say she needs an edge. When she sings about sex all the time, she sings more about love. When they say she can't perform live, she blows them away. Now that she's proven how great of artist, people want to point out little petty things like how she doesn't write her own lyrics or her duet with Chris Brown. Not everyone can write their own lyrics and Rihanna is showing that she is a SINGER. And her duet with Chris Brown was spot on, that is NOBODIES BUSINESS but their own. Leave her life out of it ad just enjoy the music for what it is. At the end of the day, I'm glad she is Unapologetic about being herself because God knows people will judge her regardless so even trying to remotely care will only leave her in misery. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2012
    I have to admit that at first listen of this album, I wasn't too impressed but after I went through my day and I realized that I was playing the songs in my head, I had to go back and listen again. Now, the entire album is repeat. Give it another try. Trust me, all of the songs will get to you.
  4. Nov 19, 2012
    Riri has done it again. I don't understand all of the negativity with people on this album. Is it because she did a duet with Chris? Anyways, Love without Tragedy is the most beautiful song I have ever heard. I also am in love with What Now, Pour it Up, Jump, No Love Allowed, Diamonds, Stay, Right Now, Lost in Paradise, Get it Over With, Numb, and Phresh Out the Runway. Heck, I love the entire album. Go buy because she definitely deserves #1 for this album. :) Expand
  5. Nov 19, 2012
    Moving away from Talk That Talk, Unapologetic is a lot of effort by Rihanna. All the songs have it's story and flow very well when you are listening this album. The album goes in the awesome GGGB, Rated R, Loud collection!
  6. Nov 19, 2012
    I don't know what everyone else is hearing but I hear some pretty decent music. I don't really like Rihanna and I can honestly say that she's proven to me that she can make decent music. I don't understand why people are stooping so low by giving her a 0, it isn't that bad. I was going to give her an 8 but now I'm just going to giver her a 10 for that foolishness.
  7. Nov 20, 2012
    Well, I particularly liked the album mainly two songs themselves, not thought necessary Rihanna to duet with Chris Brown because she knows very well that he did not have concert. But she wants to think so, going back to review the album will not be a shadow of Rated R but it is good she could have put full songs and not have done that even in Talk That Talk with songs that felt like they were not completed. Could choose their best duets have put artists we know, the album cover could be better but one thing ripening Rihanna piece of symbolism that thing too. "I'll do a review of personnel who speak badly of Rihanna and everything she does is wrong, surely you are fans of Lady Gaga covered band of demons." Simply hit Rihanna in parts this album, some songs back on your first album and some on her fifth album. Expand
  8. Nov 19, 2012
    I love this album. It's really different from what she's done before. As usual, this album contains an outstanding variety. This album also continues the trend started in previous albums, since the quality of the music has yet again augmented from her previous release.
  9. Nov 19, 2012
    The reason people are rating this album poorly is because they want songs like "We Found love" or "Only Girl In The World". That's what they expect from Rihanna. This was unexpected and although I love her club bangers, I'm enjoying her refreshing ballads right now. Do your thang baby gurl.
  10. Nov 19, 2012
    This album is some of Rihanna's best work. Whilst her "thug life" persona still reigns strong, this project is still something we've never heard before. Just like all of her albums, Rihanna's sonic variation spans widely across the album, but this time, it's more than that. Some of the songs really go into uncharted territory for her level of pop supestardom. It goes without saying that probably not every track will be for everyone.. and there are highs and lows. But her brave experimentation is eventually proved very successful. The epic heights of 'Diamonds', the luxury of 'Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary', the beauty of 'Stay', the funk of 'Nobody's Business', the mystery of 'Numb' and the wild 'Jump' are some of the highlights. But the production and music all round is really great.
    Rihanna's lyrical allusions to Chris Brown throughout the album is the only one thing which unfortunately can't be ignored. As if a controversial collaboration with him wasn't enough, for some reason a couple of questionable references to past events seem somewhat... unnecessary.
    That said, Unapologetic should not disappoint anybody with a broad taste and general appreciation of urban pop music, mixed with the best of other genre influences like reggae and EDM.
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    Rihanna is very sure of herself and seeks deeper songs to express this, we see a dramatic change to his previous album Talk That Talk where she is electric and hyper-active. In this album we can see that Rihanna is returning to its origins as the first albums. This album is phenomenal and we call Rater R 2.0
  12. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ela está se superando cada vez mais e assim, esse cd está em uma evolução muito grande, ela está top nas paradas da billboard e merece o reconhecimento, depois de LOUD Riri só vem explodindo na atualidade, pois os antigos são muitos fodas. Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best albums of the singer from Barbados. Diamonds is mature and shows us a new Rihanna. Another song from the album is extraordinary stay showing this maturity. Rihanna did a mature and cohesive album and deserves to be in the spotlight of pop music.
  14. Nov 19, 2012
    Love LOve LOVE this album. I can jam, cry, dance, and vibe to this album. Repeat until her next one come out which hopefully is next year lol. Only Rihrih can do an album each year and still have the world sucked in.
  15. Nov 19, 2012
    Its just an perfect album. every song on the album is a hit. it shows Rihannas vocal talent in ballades like "What Now" or "Stay" (which are both one of the best Rihanna Songs). Her last big Album was "Rated R and i think "Unapologetic" as well as it. I think the best Tracks on the Album are "What Now" and "Whats Love Without Tragedy"
  16. Nov 20, 2012
    The album is very close to be named perfect.
    'Stay' is her best ballad EVER, 'Mother Mary' is a real grower. And of course, 'Jump' is classic already.
    It's the first Rihanna album I can listen from start to finish without any skipping (maybe just Loveee Song, kinda repetitive). Guetta's Right Now is basic, but will be huge in Europe.
    All other songs from dubstep-urban beginning to the
    ballad-y second half are incredible Expand
  17. Nov 20, 2012
    Rihanna is a unique artist. Know merge various musical styles into a single cd and do well in the charts.
    His distinctive voice and his charisma attracted fans from around the world, praised for its beauty, for its life history, and especially for his MUSIC.
    In Unapologetic, Rihanna shows that came to stay. With powerful ballads, and hip hop and urban vein, it shows what is to be a
    versatile artist.
    No wonder it is the most tanned on facebook, and his youtube channel is the most watched in the world.
    Rihanna is the VOICE!
  18. Nov 21, 2012
    Although not a perfect album, i appreciate her going away from the typical candy-pop that most other artists make, We all can predict what a Britney and Katy Perry album will sound like. This is unexpected and I love it! "Jump" "Nobody's Business" "Numb" including her new number single "Diamonds" are the albums stand outs.
  19. Nov 21, 2012
    Her best album since Rated R with different rhythms , great lyrics and vocal. She keeps surprising us with wonderful worksand showing to the world who Rihanna really is and what she really feels.
  20. Nov 21, 2012
    I can't believe in some reviews that I read.."Her actions are irresponsible and sends the wrong message to her young fans" was the worst I think..YOU WHO WRITE THIS, KNOW WHAT MESSAGE RIHANNA SENDS TO HER YOUNG FANS WITH HER ACTIONS? THE MESSAGE OF FORGIVENESS AND LOVE! JUST THAT! You idiot fans who give 0 because Rihanna did make a music of Chris Brown...oh God..I'll stop here.About the album,incredible! Amazing vocals,a lot of genres,amazing musics...one of her best albuns. Collapse
  21. Nov 20, 2012
    If you are a Rihanna's fan, this album works perfectly for you, she keeps her style and the lyrics are mixed, some very deep and some just to relax and dance. I think is amazing!!!
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    Personally I think that Unapologetic is one of Rihanna's best albums. She mixed different kind of music and that makes it an album completely different from the other ones. It's true that some of the Unapologetic songs could have been done better (for example:Pour it up or Numb that has nothing related with the last Eminem and Rihanna collaboration) but songs like: diamonds, stay, right now, lost in paradise, half of me, love without tragedy and loveeeeee song are truly good. My advice to the people that don't like Rihanna and pointed Unapologetic with a 0 just because it's another fast Rihanna's album, is to listen it without judging her and listening just the music. Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2012
    I'm surprised the reviews aren't better. This is her best album by far. "Diamonds" is already a #1 smash and "Jump" and "Right Now" are future #1's.
  24. Mar 5, 2013
    I think this is one of her best album. 100% better than Talk That Talk. This is album is very emotiona and different. This album is my drug, except some song, it super!
  25. Nov 22, 2012
    Unapologetic is amazing love song's Love Vocal Love All Rihanna is a Really DIVA Unapologetic is perfec love love loveeee LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Ririh Queen
  26. Nov 24, 2012
    This album is probably one of her best. It has a wide range of genres in it. You have the slow, beautiful ballad "Stay" which really highlights Rihanna's vocals. Then you have the heavy dance track "Right Now" which has a dark twist to it. Standout tracks would have to be "Stay" and "Phresh out the Runway". Phresh is Rihanna at her best and shows how bad ass she is. Love the album
  27. Nov 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Unlike Rihanna waited behind a new concept in Unapologetic compared to their last albums.
    Of course it contains some cliches to please the audience, the more the essence is the most notable.
    Rihanna shows a remorseless complete in all respects.
  28. Mar 2, 2013
    Amazing. Simply amazing. It has songs for every taste -pop, r&b, dubstep etc. The album cover looks great and I can't find a song that is bad. Well done, rih! #navy.
  29. Feb 26, 2013
    I still don't get why there's a lot of people who hates this album. It is nearly perfect. Yes, it isn't filled of commercial and pop songs, but it is confidential, it has tons of amazing lyrics and it is portraying an amazing era. Definitely not Rihanna's best, but very good though.
  30. Nov 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is amazing, its not as good as Loud, but to be honest i really dont think she'll ever make an album like that again. If you are looking for the future billboard hits check all the songs from track 7 they are marvelous. However, my favorite songs on the album are track 11 and 15.
    My advice to anyone is to buy the album.

1. Nov 28, 2012
    The now-24-year-old's voice may be simple, but it's distinctive--and as defiant as her album titles.
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    Even when Unapologetic fails, it often does so in interesting ways.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    Sonically, the first half of Unapologetic picks up on the syrupy Southern hip-hop minimalism popular last summer, while much of the latter half is a grab bag of unwieldy balladry.