• Record Label: Def Jam
  • Release Date: Nov 19, 2012
6.1

Review this album

1. Nov 19, 2012
    An album wonderful, with different rhythms and genres, for all tastes, rihanna risked, innovated and was perfect! with deep lyrics and vocally evolved, I deserved my note 10 to this wonderful singer Rihanna!
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    I think this is one of her best album. 100% better than Talk That Talk. This is album is very emotiona and different. This album is my drug, except some song, it super!
  3. Mar 2, 2013
    Amazing. Simply amazing. It has songs for every taste -pop, r&b, dubstep etc. The album cover looks great and I can't find a song that is bad. Well done, rih! #navy.
  4. Feb 26, 2013
    I still don't get why there's a lot of people who hates this album. It is nearly perfect. Yes, it isn't filled of commercial and pop songs, but it is confidential, it has tons of amazing lyrics and it is portraying an amazing era. Definitely not Rihanna's best, but very good though.
  5. Feb 5, 2013
    This is her 7th album and in such a short amount of time its crazy to think she can accomplish so much. It's not her best but it definitely has enough hits on there to last her 'til the next one comes out.
  6. Mar 6, 2013
    Rihanna has been back to the Rated R time in a totally different way. Rated R had more electronic songs, and this one is full with R&B, Hip-Hop and ballad songs, totally different from the Rihanna original style. but anyway it was good.
  7. Apr 7, 2013
    That album uses good songs, good positions in the Billboard Hot 100. "Pour It Up" needs to break into the Top 10. So, when do you think the next song will release? What month?
  8. Oct 16, 2013
    Although it's certainly no Good Girl Gone Bad, Unapologetic 'unapologetically' matures Rihanna in terms of music production and lyrically aims at pissing off the media and many mom with its 'unapologetic' subject matter, with songs such as "Numb"; although obscure, the Barbian songstress confesses that she is so high, she's "going numb", which makes for an ear magnet (especially for theAlthough it's certainly no Good Girl Gone Bad, Unapologetic 'unapologetically' matures Rihanna in terms of music production and lyrically aims at pissing off the media and many mom with its 'unapologetic' subject matter, with songs such as "Numb"; although obscure, the Barbian songstress confesses that she is so high, she's "going numb", which makes for an ear magnet (especially for the listeners 'under the influence' and features the king of controversy in hip-hop and previous collaborator Eminem. While drug abuse, fame, and fortune are many risqué moments as well, its most explicit is its graphic confession of her lingering love for ex-boyfriend (and 'Rude Boy' if you will) Chris Brown(which has all but withered now). The two even collaborate on the Michael Jackson-tinged song "Nobody's Business". Whether you like it or not, it's there and it's raw. In general, Unapologetic has the bass bumpin' beats and heart throbbing ballads to balance itself evenly between the two and although it's missing the ensemble of potential hit-singles previous efforts held, there should be at least one song for everyone thanks to its diversity in production. Expand
  9. Jan 29, 2015
    Liricamente e vocalmente é um álbum impressionante, deixando de lado as batidas eletrônicas do Talk That Talk e caindo dentro do R&B que consegue expor uma Rihanna novamente pessoal e livre de sua fase rebelde e sem remorsos com seu passado. Realmente é um álbum que teve seu destaque e hoje pode ser considerado um dos melhores da Bad Gal
  10. Sep 22, 2014
    Since "Rated R", Rihanna wasn't so deep with her albums, but with "Unapologetic" she really came back to the darkness more powerful than all!

Songs like "Stay", "What Now", "Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary", "Loveeeeeee Song" and "Half of Me" remind that brave Rihanna who really has so much to scream to the world, with so many hurts and tears. By the way, sings like "Pour It Up",

By the way, sings like "Pour It Up", "Jump" and "Phresh Out The Runway" made her a luxury woman that just wanna have fun and show her money.

Rihanna is amazing and "Unapologetic" too! I was really impressed with it. ♥
  11. Dec 16, 2014
    Rihanna could really have done something better, this album sounds like it was done anyway just to be released within one year, I think why the R8 ta taking so long, I hope to be better.
    Highlights: Diamonds and Jump
    No Love Allowed 100/100
    Lost in Paradise 100/100
  13. Apr 5, 2015
  14. Nov 26, 2012
    Of all songs on Rihanna's album, I liked only two - Lost In Paradise and Stay, all the others were just forced with sounds and her emotions. Although the song Fool In Love from her Loud album is also forced with emotions, she did that song absolutely perfectly, but the one - Nobody's Business - was just too much. Lost In Paradise was absolutely gorgeous, I enjoyed listening to that song,Of all songs on Rihanna's album, I liked only two - Lost In Paradise and Stay, all the others were just forced with sounds and her emotions. Although the song Fool In Love from her Loud album is also forced with emotions, she did that song absolutely perfectly, but the one - Nobody's Business - was just too much. Lost In Paradise was absolutely gorgeous, I enjoyed listening to that song, it has rhythm, positive vibrations and just feels good... I would love that Rihanna makes songs like Lost In Paradise or Stay, they are perfect, all the others are awfull... My overall rating for this album is 4. Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2012
    Too many people are basing this album off of Rihanna's history and situation. This is an amazing album and I'm not saying that because I like her as an artist but because she really gave her all on this album and it shows. She is one of the few rare artists that can create an album with so many sounds and still sound genuine. On this album, she has pop-rock (What Now), torch (Stay), reggaeToo many people are basing this album off of Rihanna's history and situation. This is an amazing album and I'm not saying that because I like her as an artist but because she really gave her all on this album and it shows. She is one of the few rare artists that can create an album with so many sounds and still sound genuine. On this album, she has pop-rock (What Now), torch (Stay), reggae (No Love Allowed), Hip-hop (Phresh Out the Runway), R&B (Jump),80's rock (Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary), disco (Nobodies Business), and even a little bit of jazz (Get It Over With). The problem is too many people are basing this album solely off of the one song with Chris Brown which I think is pretty decent. If this album was by any other artist, there would be no hesitations to call this album of the year. I don't get it. When her voice is weak, they say she needs more power. When she's too innocent, they say she needs an edge. When she sings about sex all the time, she sings more about love. When they say she can't perform live, she blows them away. Now that she's proven how great of artist, people want to point out little petty things like how she doesn't write her own lyrics or her duet with Chris Brown. Not everyone can write their own lyrics and Rihanna is showing that she is a SINGER. And her duet with Chris Brown was spot on, that is NOBODIES BUSINESS but their own. Leave her life out of it ad just enjoy the music for what it is. At the end of the day, I'm glad she is Unapologetic about being herself because God knows people will judge her regardless so even trying to remotely care will only leave her in misery. Expand
  16. Nov 19, 2012
    It's actually good, even though it's so easy to hate, especially because of the Chris Brown duet. This album goes back to the dark feel of Rated R, but improves on it. It's moody and a much needed improvement on Talk That Talk. 'Diamonds,' is a great song, but there are so many great songs on it besides that. Though 'Nobody's Business' is a cringe-worthy idea, it's a great song. 'Jump,'It's actually good, even though it's so easy to hate, especially because of the Chris Brown duet. This album goes back to the dark feel of Rated R, but improves on it. It's moody and a much needed improvement on Talk That Talk. 'Diamonds,' is a great song, but there are so many great songs on it besides that. Though 'Nobody's Business' is a cringe-worthy idea, it's a great song. 'Jump,' 'What Now,' and 'No Love Allowed' are amazing tracks. Of course, the dumb David Guetta pairing is a skip, and 'Phresh Out The Runway' is an easy one to forget. If you need a personal track, just listen to 'Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary,' which is a seven minute epic seemingly all about her abusive relationship with Chris Brown. It's a compelling album and much better than the last two. Give it a shot! Collapse
  17. Nov 20, 2012
    Well, I particularly liked the album mainly two songs themselves, not thought necessary Rihanna to duet with Chris Brown because she knows very well that he did not have concert. But she wants to think so, going back to review the album will not be a shadow of Rated R but it is good she could have put full songs and not have done that even in Talk That Talk with songs that felt like theyWell, I particularly liked the album mainly two songs themselves, not thought necessary Rihanna to duet with Chris Brown because she knows very well that he did not have concert. But she wants to think so, going back to review the album will not be a shadow of Rated R but it is good she could have put full songs and not have done that even in Talk That Talk with songs that felt like they were not completed. Could choose their best duets have put artists we know, the album cover could be better but one thing ripening Rihanna piece of symbolism that thing too. "I'll do a review of personnel who speak badly of Rihanna and everything she does is wrong, surely you are fans of Lady Gaga covered band of demons." Simply hit Rihanna in parts this album, some songs back on your first album and some on her fifth album. Expand
  18. Dec 6, 2012
    I just have mixed feelings about this album, I was excited when I purchased this album but with the majority of songs on "Unapologetic" that I listened to, I was disappointed. It didn't appeal to me like the previous albums that she has made e.g "Loud" or "Talk That Talk". "Unapologetic" is certainly not the best album that has been made by R&B star Rihanna. I give her credit that her leadI just have mixed feelings about this album, I was excited when I purchased this album but with the majority of songs on "Unapologetic" that I listened to, I was disappointed. It didn't appeal to me like the previous albums that she has made e.g "Loud" or "Talk That Talk". "Unapologetic" is certainly not the best album that has been made by R&B star Rihanna. I give her credit that her lead single off her album "Diamonds" was good, but that's the only positive feedback I can give this album. Expand
  19. Nov 19, 2012
    I love this album. It's really different from what she's done before. As usual, this album contains an outstanding variety. This album also continues the trend started in previous albums, since the quality of the music has yet again augmented from her previous release.
  20. Nov 21, 2012
    Although not a perfect album, i appreciate her going away from the typical candy-pop that most other artists make, We all can predict what a Britney and Katy Perry album will sound like. This is unexpected and I love it! "Jump" "Nobody's Business" "Numb" including her new number single "Diamonds" are the albums stand outs.
  21. Nov 19, 2012
    I have to admit that at first listen of this album, I wasn't too impressed but after I went through my day and I realized that I was playing the songs in my head, I had to go back and listen again. Now, the entire album is repeat. Give it another try. Trust me, all of the songs will get to you.
  22. Nov 19, 2012
    This album is some of Rihanna's best work. Whilst her "thug life" persona still reigns strong, this project is still something we've never heard before. Just like all of her albums, Rihanna's sonic variation spans widely across the album, but this time, it's more than that. Some of the songs really go into uncharted territory for her level of pop supestardom. It goes without saying thatThis album is some of Rihanna's best work. Whilst her "thug life" persona still reigns strong, this project is still something we've never heard before. Just like all of her albums, Rihanna's sonic variation spans widely across the album, but this time, it's more than that. Some of the songs really go into uncharted territory for her level of pop supestardom. It goes without saying that probably not every track will be for everyone.. and there are highs and lows. But her brave experimentation is eventually proved very successful. The epic heights of 'Diamonds', the luxury of 'Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary', the beauty of 'Stay', the funk of 'Nobody's Business', the mystery of 'Numb' and the wild 'Jump' are some of the highlights. But the production and music all round is really great.
    Rihanna's lyrical allusions to Chris Brown throughout the album is the only one thing which unfortunately can't be ignored. As if a controversial collaboration with him wasn't enough, for some reason a couple of questionable references to past events seem somewhat... unnecessary.
    That said, Unapologetic should not disappoint anybody with a broad taste and general appreciation of urban pop music, mixed with the best of other genre influences like reggae and EDM.
  23. Nov 20, 2012
    Rihanna is very sure of herself and seeks deeper songs to express this, we see a dramatic change to his previous album Talk That Talk where she is electric and hyper-active. In this album we can see that Rihanna is returning to its origins as the first albums. This album is phenomenal and we call Rater R 2.0
  24. Nov 21, 2012
    I'm surprised the reviews aren't better. This is her best album by far. "Diamonds" is already a #1 smash and "Jump" and "Right Now" are future #1's.
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    By far her worst album. Only a few good songs on it like the duet with chris brown and David guetta, the rest are dire!
    Stop Rihanna and come back in a few years time.
  26. Nov 19, 2012
    Moving away from Talk That Talk, Unapologetic is a lot of effort by Rihanna. All the songs have it's story and flow very well when you are listening this album. The album goes in the awesome GGGB, Rated R, Loud collection!
  27. Nov 19, 2012
    I don't know what everyone else is hearing but I hear some pretty decent music. I don't really like Rihanna and I can honestly say that she's proven to me that she can make decent music. I don't understand why people are stooping so low by giving her a 0, it isn't that bad. I was going to give her an 8 but now I'm just going to giver her a 10 for that foolishness.
  28. Nov 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ela está se superando cada vez mais e assim, esse cd está em uma evolução muito grande, ela está top nas paradas da billboard e merece o reconhecimento, depois de LOUD Riri só vem explodindo na atualidade, pois os antigos são muitos fodas. Expand
  29. Nov 20, 2012
    One of the best albums of the singer from Barbados. Diamonds is mature and shows us a new Rihanna. Another song from the album is extraordinary stay showing this maturity. Rihanna did a mature and cohesive album and deserves to be in the spotlight of pop music.
  30. Nov 19, 2012
    The reason people are rating this album poorly is because they want songs like "We Found love" or "Only Girl In The World". That's what they expect from Rihanna. This was unexpected and although I love her club bangers, I'm enjoying her refreshing ballads right now. Do your thang baby gurl.

1. Nov 28, 2012
    The now-24-year-old's voice may be simple, but it's distinctive--and as defiant as her album titles.
  2. Nov 26, 2012
    Even when Unapologetic fails, it often does so in interesting ways.
  3. Nov 26, 2012
    Sonically, the first half of Unapologetic picks up on the syrupy Southern hip-hop minimalism popular last summer, while much of the latter half is a grab bag of unwieldy balladry.