- Summary: Some of the third studio album for the former star of Sonny With A Chance and the Camp Rock movies was recorded after she sought treatment for self-harm and bulimia.
- Record Label: Hollywood
- Genre(s): Pop/Rock
- More Details and Credits »
Dec 13, 2011Unbroken would be a far better album without them [the first four, "utterly vapid" songs] but like it or not they're there, sitting right out in front. It'd seem tragic if such a descriptor wasn't being used to describe an album so laced with actual, genuine tragedy.
Oct 23, 20111. All Night Long- It's a good opener, but not a great song as a whole. It's catchy, but didn't leave me amazed.
2. Who's That Boy- Probably1. All Night Long- It's a good opener, but not a great song as a whole. It's catchy, but didn't leave me amazed.
2. Who's That Boy- Probably the next single. Not my favorite choice. It's good, but not for her younger fans. It can get suggestive at times.
3. You're My Only Shorty- It's good, when she sings. Too much Iyaz! 4. Together- I like it, but it's not the best duet on the album. I rank it after ANL. It's got a great tune.
5. Lightweight- Beautiful! Great vocal performance. I loved it from the first listen!
6. Unbroken- The best dance song on the album, but doesn't show off her vocals at all. It's really fun, though!
7. Fix a Heart- I put my guess on this as the 3rd single. It has to be good. It charted at 60 something on Billboard without an official release. It didn't chart like that for nothing. It's really nice, but some parts are a little... awkward.
8. Hold Up- I like it, but it's not amazing. It's really fun and is very pop. It's going to be a good dance song. Maybe it's because it's around the best songs on the CD, but I'm not crazy about it.
9. Mistake- My favorite song on the CD! It's not so much fun, or beautiful. It's got a great feel to it! Great vocals, lyrics, tune, instruments. A perfect song
10. Give Your Heart a Break- It's danceable, but it doesn't forget her great vocals! I loved it from first listen. It's really fun!
11. Skyscraper- I loved it as a single, but not in comparison to the rest of the CD.
12. In Real Life- I really like it :) It has a VERY different feel from the rest of the CD. It's very R&B, and has great vocals!
13. My Love is Like a Star- I really like this song. Not many people do (I don't know why). It's really nice. It's beautiful.
14. For the Love of a Daughter- It's REALLY sad. It'll have some people in tears. But it's beautiful. You have to hear it!… Expand
Sep 20, 2011Demi Lovato returns to the music scene after a rough year, with 'Unbroken'. Demi showcases her big voice in this Pop/R&B influenced album. SheDemi Lovato returns to the music scene after a rough year, with 'Unbroken'. Demi showcases her big voice in this Pop/R&B influenced album. She leaves her Disney Pop/Rock sound and settles for an for a more mature yet playful pop&B sound. This album is destined to be one of the most successful albums of the year. this album introduces us to a new side of Demi and it shows that she can be a true R&B queen… Expand
Sep 24, 2011I didn't like this at all. Childish music, it's even worse than Justin Bieber's. Don't waste your money on this :/ You got a lot to learnI didn't like this at all. Childish music, it's even worse than Justin Bieber's. Don't waste your money on this :/ You got a lot to learn Demi...
Sep 21, 2011Demi Lovato has come so far from her Disney days, and this album proves that. Her voice sounds amazing and I think we all know now that sheDemi Lovato has come so far from her Disney days, and this album proves that. Her voice sounds amazing and I think we all know now that she has some real talent. Now this music is not quite my style but I can respect what she is doing here, and I find myself enjoying some of the tracks.… Expand
Oct 11, 2013Demi Lovato's entrance into R&B-esque music might have been bizarre to contemporary audiences after her public battle with emotional stressDemi Lovato's entrance into R&B-esque music might have been bizarre to contemporary audiences after her public battle with emotional stress and self-harm. But Unbroken is not necessarily a miss on any level. Although appearances from well-known and upcoming hip-hop musicians such as Timbaland, Missy Elliot, Dev, and Jason Derulo are flattering attempts at trying to channel Lovato's inner Christina Aguilera-esque diva, Lovato is at her strongest in her ballads such as the heartwrenching lead single "Skyscraper" and the very personal ending "For the Love of a Daughter" (which deals with Lovato's struggling relationship with her now late father in the same vein as former Disney starlet Lindsay Lohan's 2005 single "Confessions of a Broken Heart"). Unbroken helps solidify her status as a powerful young singer-songstress at least with her "Lovatics".… Expand
Dec 16, 2012Demi's just failed to transmit the message on this album. She's just been through a lot in the past months and it just feels like it has allDemi's just failed to transmit the message on this album. She's just been through a lot in the past months and it just feels like it has all been ignored. It looks like she's the real & raw Demi only on "Skyscraper", which wasn't written by herself, "Fix a Heart" and "For The Love of a Daughter". The other songs just come out as simple pop songs, and also don't make her look grown up at all, for me. In fact, they do (check out "Who's That Boy"), but not in the way many were expecting. "All Night Long", "Give Your Heart a Break", "Hold Up" and "Unbroken" are the best picks off of the album, still, they're faceless. Not that I was expecting a Lovato's version of "Goodbye Lullaby", but she would have sounded more mature in a "I've lived and I've learned" way, and not in a "I can see us sneaking ways from the back of the club to a bed in the shades" way, and unfortunately, the latter way is the one presented on this record.… Expand
Oct 28, 2012Failure Long as was waiting for this album i wish musics like Skyscraper but On this albun there's just eletro-beat songs and some other badFailure Long as was waiting for this album i wish musics like Skyscraper but On this albun there's just eletro-beat songs and some other bad emotional music Please Demi, show the real you and get back to your truly style… Expand
|Led Zeppelin IV [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Doolittle 25 - Pixies|
|The Basement Tapes Complete: The Bootleg Series Vol. 11 - Bob Dylan|
|The Velvet Underground [45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition] - The Velvet Underground|
|Houses of the Holy [Remastered] - Led Zeppelin|
|Black Messiah - D'Angelo|
|Bloodstone & Diamonds - Machine Head|
|Gentlemen At 21 [Deluxe Edition] - The Afghan Whigs|
|Offering: Live at Temple University - John Coltrane|
|Start Together [Box Set] - Sleater-Kinney|
|Soul Mining (30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) [Box Set] - The The|
|From Parts Unknown - Every Time I Die|
|Extra Painful - Yo La Tengo|
|RTJ2 - Run the Jewels|
|Sun Zoom Spark: 1970 to 1972 [Box Set] - Captain Beefheart|
|Anthology [Box Set] - The Clean|
|Face the Music [Box Set] - Nils Lofgren|
|Foundations of Burden - Pallbearer|
|Cadillactica - Big K.R.I.T.|
|You're Dead! - Flying Lotus|