Unbroken - Demi Lovato
6.4

Review this album

1. Sep 24, 2011
    I didn't like this at all. Childish music, it's even worse than Justin Bieber's. Don't waste your money on this :/ You got a lot to learn Demi...

Apart
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    This album is not what i expected it to be. And that isnt a bad thing. This is a really amazing album from demi, she has some party songs, some ballads, and everything flows together perfectly
  3. Sep 20, 2011
    On this album Demi shows she isn't just another pretty Disney face who Disney has against her will, decided she is going to be a singer. She blows away every song that gets thrown her way and turns it into a master piece. Well done.
  4. Sep 20, 2011
    After having a tough year Demi comes back in full rebound, with fun songs and songs that really touch you. Skyscraper is probably of the best song (lyrically) this year. She truly is here to stay, her vocals are some of the best in the industry right now.
  5. Sep 20, 2011
    Demi Lovato returns to the music scene after a rough year, with 'Unbroken'. Demi showcases her big voice in this Pop/R&B influenced album. She leaves her Disney Pop/Rock sound and settles for an for a more mature yet playful pop&B sound. This album is destined to be one of the most successful albums of the year. this album introduces us to a new side of Demi and it shows that she can be a true R&B queen Expand
  6. Sep 21, 2011
    A really good album, it has deep and emotional songs, and others really catchy and funny. Also, the album is full of potential singles. Anyway, the best of the album are Lovato's vocals, specially in 'Skyscraper' and 'Lightweight', two really powerful ballads that show the Demi's voice potential.
  7. Sep 21, 2011
    For all intents and purposes, this album served it's cause. It's an album recorded under hollywood records. A record label that's known for it's radio friendly sound. So I dunno why people we're saying stupid things like "Demi sold out" really guys? Demi sold out? Last time I checked she was always part of the Disney machine. She was always part of that crowd that tailored to a younger audience. Her time in rehab doesn't mean she was going to completely change her sound and abandon all of her fans. Last time I checked hollywood records was owned by Disney. I'm surprised tracks like for the love of a daughter made it on this cd. All in all, as poppy as it sounds and as polished and typical as this cd sounds, it's still pretty solid. So yeah I recommend it to those who like something catchy, it certainly has a catchy beat to it. Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2011
    I love this album it is so good. Lavato voice is amazing on every song. I am loving the new pop/R&B style. You can relate and feel something on almost every song. This is awesome.
  9. Sep 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album it's perfect, greats songs, mature and more, Demi's Voice its so incrible, i love this album, i love Demi Lovato, i want grammy nomies for this album. Expand
  10. Oct 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 1. All Night Long (feat. Missy Elliot and Timbaland) - Demi's vocal is great. Timbaland's production is the worst part of the song. 7/10
    2. Who's That Boy (feat. Dev) - Super catchy, and Dev's verse serves to make it Top 40 material, instead of Radio Disney. 9.5/10
    3. You're My Only Shorty (feat. Iyaz) - She sounds so good on this song, which has a song that's very typical of Iyaz. 9/10 4. Together (feat. Jason Derulo) - It's a nice song, but what it's supposed to be about isn't exactly clear. It loses points for that vagueness. 8/10
    5. Lightweight - Is lightweight a double entendre? It's possible. Regardless, this is poised to be Unbroken's "Catch Me", which was definitely a highlight on Demi's last album. 8.5/10
    6. Unbroken - The title track is one of the least R&B-influenced on the album, but is very accessible and could be a huge Top 40 hit. 8.5/10
    7. Fix a Heart - One of my personal favorites. This song brought me to tears the first time I heard it, in light of Demi's recent struggles. Simply beautiful. 10/10
    8. Hold Up - After "Fix A Heart", this song sounds like nothing special. On it's own, though, it's actually quite good, especially the chorus. 8/10
    9. Mistake - This song really highlights Demi's singing abilities. It's got single potential, although I think that it might not appeal to older audiences as much as HWR would want. 8.5/10
    10. Give Your Heart a Break - Very similar to "Mistake", but more aimed towards listeners around Demi's age, as opposed to the kiddie menu set. 9/10
    11. Skyscraper - The blockbuster first single. Demi's a vocal powerhouse, and this song really shows that. It's also extremely emotional, and a great anthem for teenage girls everywhere. 9.5/10
    12. In Real Life - One of the strongest examples of R&B's influence on the album. It's a very Disney-fied R&B, though, but Demi's voice shines. 9.5/10
    13. My Love Is Like a Star - Such a beautiful ballad. The concept behind it might be cliche, but the chorus is incredibly touching. I can't help but smile and imagine a movie romance when I hear this song. 9/10 14. For the Love of a Daughter - I've been waiting for this song for over two years, ever since Demi spoke about collaborating on it with John Mayer. His presence is negligible, though, as the lyrics are so incredibly personal and emotional to Demi. It shows a new side of her, a heartbroken child wishing her father cared more. It honestly is the most moving song I've heard in years. 11/10
  11. Oct 7, 2011
    This album is perfect, she passed the stage of Disney girl. There are songs fully mature for his age, but there are also songs of fun. it's fun to give it a perfect 10.
  12. Oct 23, 2011
    1. All Night Long- It's a good opener, but not a great song as a whole. It's catchy, but didn't leave me amazed.
    2. Who's That Boy- Probably the next single. Not my favorite choice. It's good, but not for her younger fans. It can get suggestive at times.
    3. You're My Only Shorty- It's good, when she sings. Too much Iyaz! 4. Together- I like it, but it's not the best duet on the album. I
    rank it after ANL. It's got a great tune.
    5. Lightweight- Beautiful! Great vocal performance. I loved it from the first listen!
    6. Unbroken- The best dance song on the album, but doesn't show off her vocals at all. It's really fun, though!
    7. Fix a Heart- I put my guess on this as the 3rd single. It has to be good. It charted at 60 something on Billboard without an official release. It didn't chart like that for nothing. It's really nice, but some parts are a little... awkward.
    8. Hold Up- I like it, but it's not amazing. It's really fun and is very pop. It's going to be a good dance song. Maybe it's because it's around the best songs on the CD, but I'm not crazy about it.
    9. Mistake- My favorite song on the CD! It's not so much fun, or beautiful. It's got a great feel to it! Great vocals, lyrics, tune, instruments. A perfect song
    10. Give Your Heart a Break- It's danceable, but it doesn't forget her great vocals! I loved it from first listen. It's really fun!
    11. Skyscraper- I loved it as a single, but not in comparison to the rest of the CD.
    12. In Real Life- I really like it :) It has a VERY different feel from the rest of the CD. It's very R&B, and has great vocals!
    13. My Love is Like a Star- I really like this song. Not many people do (I don't know why). It's really nice. It's beautiful.
    14. For the Love of a Daughter- It's REALLY sad. It'll have some people in tears. But it's beautiful. You have to hear it!
  13. Nov 14, 2011
    This album proved that Demi is indeed still 'unbroken', even from her past troubles. Amazing and powerful vocals - there's something about her voice which makes her unique from any other artist. It's amazing to see that she has grown from a Disney star to a more mature and independent fine young woman. Her most outstanding (and probably the most notable one) is 'Skyscraper'. Amazing, heartfelt and sung with passion. Congratulations, and I can't wait for your next album. Expand
  14. Mar 1, 2012
    Failure Long as was waiting foi this album i wish musics like Skyscraper but On this albun there's just eletro-beat songs and some other bad emotional music Please Demi, show the real you and get back to your truly style
  15. Mar 30, 2012
    You know what i think? I think just enjoy the music 'cause the music is really helped with her voice which is so beautiful. This is what she likes and i liked it very much. Her collaboration with the artists worked. Keep it going on, DEMI!
  16. Dec 3, 2012
    This Album is perfeeeeeeeeect, brazil and world love her. The Pop/R&B in this girl is amazing, she know write a song and sing like a angel. She deserve more and more, i think she is in the right way to be a big popstar
  17. Apr 22, 2014
    I liked All Night Long, Who's That Boy (I didn't like Dev's rap, though), You're My Only Shorty, Together (never mind Jason Derulo's singing - it's horrible! I'm not saying he has a terrible voice, but it's just the way he sings...), Lightweight, Unbroken (kind of a tired listen), Fix a Heart, Mistake, Give Your Heart a Break, Skyscraper, and For the Love of a Daughter. Hold Up is a bit strange, and My Love Is Like a Star comes off as annoying sometimes. Um...if it weren't for Fix a Heart and For the Love of a Daughter, I wouldn't enjoy this album so much. Expand

1. Feb 7, 2012
    Exorcised of the dud tracks, Unbroken is a streamlined pure-pop winner, but ultimately it cannot measure up to Lovato's contemporaries.
  2. Dec 13, 2011
    "Unbroken" is her best effort yet. Ignoring the first 4 songs, it's a great album, filled with songs that have meaning.
  3. Dec 13, 2011
    Unbroken would be a far better album without them [the first four, "utterly vapid" songs] but like it or not they're there, sitting right out in front. It'd seem tragic if such a descriptor wasn't being used to describe an album so laced with actual, genuine tragedy.