Uno! - Green Day
6.9

Review this album

1. Sep 29, 2012
    I'm a long-term Green day fan and I think it's great.
    Not their best but sure a great way to enter the new decade - by returning to their power-pop roots (and of course being good at it).
    Lyrics are not as good as they were on their previous releases but the album is just fun, catchy and as Mick Jones once said: "Stripped to the bone". No ****
    And yeah...Sputnik Music seriously sucks.
  2. Sep 25, 2012
    ¡Uno! is perhaps, Green Day at it's finest. It goes back to its older punk roots, while still sounding somewhat like there latest release. Most of the songs on here are great and memorable. It does, however, lack variety. The songs all sound very similar, which is kinda plain when compared to 21st Century Breakdown. This is, however, a must get for any Green Day fan, or a fan of¡Uno! is perhaps, Green Day at it's finest. It goes back to its older punk roots, while still sounding somewhat like there latest release. Most of the songs on here are great and memorable. It does, however, lack variety. The songs all sound very similar, which is kinda plain when compared to 21st Century Breakdown. This is, however, a must get for any Green Day fan, or a fan of punk, pop, rock, ect. and is easily worth $10. Expand
  3. Sep 25, 2012
    First review! Terrific album! Much better than 21st century breakdown. Reminds me of the pre-AI days but more refined. Let Yourself Go, Stay The Night, Fell for You, Carpe Diem, Sweet 16, Rusty James are all fantastic tracks that I can't stop listening to. Troublemaker is a bit tough to get used to but it has the best solo and lyric. Loss of control, Oh Love, and Kill the DJ are theFirst review! Terrific album! Much better than 21st century breakdown. Reminds me of the pre-AI days but more refined. Let Yourself Go, Stay The Night, Fell for You, Carpe Diem, Sweet 16, Rusty James are all fantastic tracks that I can't stop listening to. Troublemaker is a bit tough to get used to but it has the best solo and lyric. Loss of control, Oh Love, and Kill the DJ are the weakest tracks which is saying something because if they were on 21st CB I would've considered them the best tracks. Expand
  4. Sep 26, 2012
    You May kind of dislike this album but let me get this straight This is not the album like the 21 Century **** is Pure Power Punk,............You guys know green day for their newly derived Rock Age Since '03....The Real Band was the '95 generation Dookie....Short Let Go ...Punk Songs.... Their Real Strength.........The Thing here is That the only problem with this album is the time aboutYou May kind of dislike this album but let me get this straight This is not the album like the 21 Century **** is Pure Power Punk,............You guys know green day for their newly derived Rock Age Since '03....The Real Band was the '95 generation Dookie....Short Let Go ...Punk Songs.... Their Real Strength.........The Thing here is That the only problem with this album is the time about the generation.....they will definitely ignore this Punk Phase but they should not compare it To American Idiot (one of their best) cuz it was a rock opera...this is power punk...Different but not that good as Dookie and Nimrod!.... Definitely better than 21 century breakdown..haha but still it gave them a Grammy #Are you serious? Collapse
  5. Sep 25, 2012
    After going in a new direction with their political messages and overall stadium rock feel to their previous two albums, Green Day go back to a similar sound to their origins, and in the end it's pulled off well. Songs such as Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem and Rusty James could have easily been mistaken for B-sides for Nimrod and nobody would blame you.

The album isn't perfect, with Billie

The album isn't perfect, with Billie Joe's new vocal style taking some getting used to, because although it worked well on American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, it's a whole new ball game when it comes to this album, but once you're used to it, it's very good and Billie puts in a solid performance, as well as Jason White, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool, all putting in solid performances of their own.

Songs to look out for include Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem, Fell for You, Loss of Control and Rusty James, although there isn't a single song I don't enjoy on the album, but those are the really memorable ones.
  6. Oct 11, 2012
    As an Idiot I think I can tell that this album is way more better than 21st Century Breakdown. ¡Uno! is a perfect combination between Green Day early years stuff with a perfect power-pop. This is an album with no concept, which is great because you can enjoy every single song individually. I love the way Green Day put the songs on the album, I mean... when you start hearing "OhAs an Idiot I think I can tell that this album is way more better than 21st Century Breakdown. ¡Uno! is a perfect combination between Green Day early years stuff with a perfect power-pop. This is an album with no concept, which is great because you can enjoy every single song individually. I love the way Green Day put the songs on the album, I mean... when you start hearing "Oh Love" you know you should start taking off your headphones, just like "Wake me up when september ends" on American Idiot", "Sassafras Roots" on Dookie and "Good Riddance" on Nimrod. Expand
  7. Sep 26, 2012
    Uno is a modern day version of Dookie which is a terrific thing for the people that loved Green Day in the early days. I would go as far as saying this is the best album of the year so far and that is hard to say because I love Babel from Mumford & Sons.
  8. Oct 11, 2012
    My favorite Green Day album since American Idiot. There's a few songs I didn't enjoy but songs like "Let Yourself Go" "Oh Love" and "Carpe Diem" are my favorite.
  9. Sep 25, 2012
    Green Day has always fascinated me in that they can write such catchy songs using simple power chords. This album delivers in that aspect. It's a departure from 21st Century Breakdown and a throwback to the days of Dookie and Nimrod. You'll find most of the album has an in-your-face, I don't care attitude, while other tracks are more sentimental. Stay the Night can best be described as aGreen Day has always fascinated me in that they can write such catchy songs using simple power chords. This album delivers in that aspect. It's a departure from 21st Century Breakdown and a throwback to the days of Dookie and Nimrod. You'll find most of the album has an in-your-face, I don't care attitude, while other tracks are more sentimental. Stay the Night can best be described as a plea and it's a masterpiece. Fell For You is another sentimental love song but is catchy and punchy enough to avoid falling into groan territory. Nuclear Family feels like it was pulled straight out of the Nimrod days, while Sweet 16 and Rusty James could have easily been on Warning. The weakest song on the album is probably Oh Love; 5 minutes of boredom that never really goes anywhere. In all, it's a solid listen and it's nice to see the guys getting back to form after the underwhelming-but-still-good 21st Century Breakdown. Some critics will probably dismiss it for being too cliche in certain spots, or too similar to some of their previous material. Oddly enough, I give it praise for the same reasons. What's hard to believe is that there are still two more albums to come in the next 4 months. Expand
  10. Sep 27, 2012
    Green day is one of the best punk rock bands out there. The main reason i believe this is becuase they change so much. Look at Dookie, then there best album American idiot and now Uno. Uno is different from their other albums but is still really really good. Great Job Green day! Can't wait for Dos and Tre!
  11. Sep 27, 2012
    This album is excellent! It is in the style of their older stuff yet more refined. This is probably Green Day's 3rd best album behind Dookie and American Idiot. Some songs lack a bit of punch until the very end like Carpe Diem but other than that this album is brilliant!
  12. Oct 5, 2012
    This album really takes me back. My best description is a good mix of Nimrod and Shenanigans with a little bit of Warning and Insomniac in small doses. Looking forward to the following releases!
  13. Oct 6, 2012
    This album is exactly what Green Day said it would be. I am a long time green day fan, and sure this album doesn't necessarily get up to par with Dookie and Insomniac but come on, they are in their forties. This album is pretty sweet if you give it the time and consider that trio, now quartet is no longer the snotty rebellious teens they once were. This is Green Day going back to theirThis album is exactly what Green Day said it would be. I am a long time green day fan, and sure this album doesn't necessarily get up to par with Dookie and Insomniac but come on, they are in their forties. This album is pretty sweet if you give it the time and consider that trio, now quartet is no longer the snotty rebellious teens they once were. This is Green Day going back to their basic roots, and i truly respect it. Expand
  14. Oct 13, 2012
    When I first listened to this album, I thought that it sounded horrible. However, after a few more listens, I love it! It's not as good as Dookie, Nimrod, Warning, etc but it's definitely up there.
  15. Nov 6, 2012
    Green Day have crafted one of the worst albums ever just because they're Green Day. I'm not going to make an argument that can be backed up with evidence and that's why its bad. Musicians playing music that has structure and requires the band playing instruments themselves and writing their own music is a bad thing. Dubstep and indie music are the best in this day and age consideringGreen Day have crafted one of the worst albums ever just because they're Green Day. I'm not going to make an argument that can be backed up with evidence and that's why its bad. Musicians playing music that has structure and requires the band playing instruments themselves and writing their own music is a bad thing. Dubstep and indie music are the best in this day and age considering making music is irrelevant now. Stop listening to this and listen to Death Cab For Cutie and Skrillex. Oh by the way, if you can't tell, this is sarcasm and this album rules! Dubstep, Death Cab For Cutie, & Skrillex Suck! Expand
  16. Nov 11, 2012
    Green Day just might as well call themselves the kings of pop punk. The band is not just releasing "Uno", but is releasing two more in the same year, literally named "Dos" and "Tre" both coming out in the later aspects of 2012. "Dos" comes out on Tuesday. Anyway, lets just get on to the review

This CD has a lot of good songs. Songs like "Nuclear Family", "Stay The Night", "Loss of Control", and "Oh Love" make this record a good collect. That is all the review, let's just see what the other two albums are going to be like.
  17. Dec 24, 2012
    Take the sound+energy of Nimrod and the style+arrangements of Warning and you have Uno. A great album that I can mostly listen start to finish, (minus tracks 5 and 8, bleh!!). I just wish Billie Joe would use a bit more distortion like he used to! Other than that a really fun, energetic album to listen to.
  18. Nov 13, 2012
    A great throwback to their earlier stuff while still keeping their more recent themes intact. Not their best obviously but it's definitely a new take on their music. The concept of a trilogy is such a unique idea, especially with the music industry where it is these days.
  19. Mar 13, 2013
    After American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown another great album by Green Day, although it's not on the same level. There are no bad songs in it, and some of them are very good (Let Yourself Go, Stay The Night). I think it's one of their best. Let's see the next two.
  20. Dec 13, 2012
    Uno! it's very good, with great sound and a loud style, and the new song Kill the DJ surprise the music world, demostrating that can make dancing music......good album for the start of this trilogy

1. Oct 19, 2012
    What this amounts to is a sharp and often exhilarating change of gear from the Green Day of the past eight years. [22 Sep 2012, p.50]
  2. There are some parts you'll have to suffer through, but there are at least a handful of tracks that we can save and enjoy into the future.
  3. Oct 2, 2012
    After all these years they can still write a catchy tune.