Untitled - Korn
7.4

Review this album

1. Jan 10, 2011
    I don't see why this is so low. The album has the same feel through out which makes it excellent. Its got that circusey feel to it. I think the album has many great songs like Evolution, Hold On, Kiss, and Killing.
  2. Jul 7, 2011
    At this point of Korns career, many argued they should have shut up shop, Losing two fulltime band members and having a replacement in the band. But the core was still there, so why bother?
    David Silveria left after the SYOTOS world tour on 'Hiatus' which then became retirement, Korn enlisted Terry Bozzio (most notably from Frank Zappa) and he only featured on half the songs on the
    Untitled effort.
    The result? The Untitled album was a step better than SYOTOS but was stil unimpressive and uninspiring. But as a Korn fan, I am used to constant experimentation and effects. This album is packed to the brim full of effects using pro tools. There are endless layers to the songs with perhaps the exception of 'I Will Protect You' 'Ever Be' and 'Killing' Which are all the least complicated and most impressive 'Korn-esque' Tracks on Untitled.
    The album doesnt deliver ANY knock out blow tracks, and there are no epic closing tracks as featured on most of their albums. Even the deluxe EP edition doesnt have a notable b-side.
    BUT this is from the point of view comparing it to the rest of their discography.
    As a stand alone album from an experimenting band re-finding their feet, it is quite an enjoyable album, the effects and pro tools fill any weaknesses and holes left by absent band members and gives the Korn sound an almost Goth/Industrial edge to it.
    Lyrically Jonathan expands into new topics with a song or ttwo venting frustration at Head Welch and war of words that emerged between himself and the band post breakup.
    All in all the album lacks the generic Korn charm but is a good attempt at a new sound and once again pushes boundaries not previously attempted by the band. But not overly succesfully so.
  3. Feb 20, 2012
    'Untitled' is a truly loathsome album, abandoning completely what the band and the fan base long for. Poorly constructed NIN songs and even worse lyrics leave us with the hate-inducing 'Hushabye' and 'Hold On'.
  4. Sep 2, 2013
    Maybe the softest Korn album (not a bad thing). The overall sound of the album is very cool, however the problem is that while it is a cool sound, there are very few tracks that stand out.

"Starting Over", "Evolution", "Hold On", "Innocent Bystander" and "Killing" are the only songs that really make me want go back for another listen. 5 out of 13 tracks (not very good). The rest of the
    songs are dull and the Intro to the album is very cliche.

I really wish they would've been able to come up with more memorable songs with this album because the album was a good idea and had potential, just poor execution.

Anyhow I would still suggest picking it up, maybe you'll find more memorable tracks then I did.

FYI: There is a bonus track on some editions called "Sing Sorrow" and that is a very good song. I'm surprised it didn't make the regular album.
  5. Aug 13, 2014
    I know a lot of Korn fans didn't like this album but it was realy creative, they added some new sounds and the album was even better with Terry Bozzio on drums.
    This KoRn album has a little of death metal , it has a 2 or 3 songs with an accoustic guitar and quite calm songs and some heavy intros and they added some new instruments to the songs.

1. This album sounds like his band's final aria--the death scene.
  2. In setting aside its trademark sound, Korn hasn’t yet replaced it with something of its own, but at least the band is working on it.
  3. Their best since 1999's "Issues."