Untouchables

Aug 6, 2002
    KoRn is the shit
  2. KoRnguy
    Oct 29, 2002
    Personally I love this album.I think it is the best after the self titled cd.Sure Jon has changed his style of singing alot,and it would be nice to hear Jon screaming his lungs out like on "good god" or "sean olsen" but isnt screaming getting old? too many bands think by screaming they can make it big, Jon is showing he can do something else other than that.And he doesnt have to leave the Personally I love this album.I think it is the best after the self titled cd.Sure Jon has changed his style of singing alot,and it would be nice to hear Jon screaming his lungs out like on "good god" or "sean olsen" but isnt screaming getting old? too many bands think by screaming they can make it big, Jon is showing he can do something else other than that.And he doesnt have to leave the band like some people(corey Taylor...)this album is the heaviest instrumentally, and the clearest sounding with all their new equipment.the only thing i found dissapointing...the only thing at the end was a lame remix of "here to stay" bring back the hidden hits like"earache my eye" !!! KoRn rules!!! Expand
  3. TysonC.
    Jun 25, 2002
    its a good album, i even think its better lastest cher c.d.
  4. scotts
    Sep 20, 2002
    this is a great album i listened to it a my cousins and its fab so ill hopeFULLY get a copy SOON (hint, hint)
  5. KornLuver
    Oct 6, 2002
    KoRn Kicks Ass
  6. HugoN.
    Jul 22, 2002
    Their best record ever!
  7. HIVer
    Jul 26, 2002
    the best after their first one though i think its imposible to compare their albums cuz they are so different btw the loughing almost killed me when reading Brians comment:man how can u say such shits think again about how jon sounds(clue:astonishing:)
  8. JacKM
    Mar 28, 2003
    one of my favorite cds but i think that korn's 1st album is the best
  9. murata
    Jun 1, 2005
    it's a real music with high quality..
  10. Cody
    Apr 26, 2006
    Korn's all-time best album! Thoughtless is the most emotional and angry song on the album, making it the best. Buy or die!
  11. EdwardF.
    Jun 16, 2002
    The three-year wait for "Untouchables" was well-worth it. The band spares us the undeveloped interludes that pepper their last full-length, "Issues." Here's a full-on assault to the senses with aggressive singles "Here to Stay" and "Thoughtless." As a long-time Korn fan, I find that the fivesome deliver the goods and then some. Jonathan Davis sings way more on this, like on the The three-year wait for "Untouchables" was well-worth it. The band spares us the undeveloped interludes that pepper their last full-length, "Issues." Here's a full-on assault to the senses with aggressive singles "Here to Stay" and "Thoughtless." As a long-time Korn fan, I find that the fivesome deliver the goods and then some. Jonathan Davis sings way more on this, like on the mid-tempo, atmospheric "Hollow Life." It's not pitch perfect, but it still adds another element to their sound. His trademark rap/scat singing is not absent completely; check out "Embrace." Each tune is extremely strong, with no throwaway tunes AT ALL, and their chemistry is still contagious as ever. This CD has helped reaffirm my faith in modern rock. Can't wait to see them at MSG on June 24. Only misstep is "Alone I Break." It even has an acoustic guitar! Expand
  12. SamanthaC.
    Aug 27, 2002
    Korn is the shit! I often find myself able to connect with John Davis's lyrics. You don't have to be deep to express yourself. I must say, this is their best record yet!
  13. Feb 20, 2012
    I have been a KoRn fan for already three months, and i can´t say their records are very good (except for a few) but this one is different. It may be heavier than their other albums, and it´s very probable that you won´t understand anything until the tenth time you hear it, but it´s worth enough. Untouchables is aI have been a KoRn fan for already three months, and i can´t say their records are very good (except for a few) but this one is different. It may be heavier than their other albums, and it´s very probable that you won´t understand anything until the tenth time you hear it, but it´s worth enough. Untouchables is a Heavy/Industrial/Alternative/Whatever Metal album, long and full of strength. Since the amazing Grammy-awarded Here to stay and the epic Thoughtless too the depressive ballad Alone I Break It´s a modern classic. Expand
  14. Sep 24, 2015
    There's real, actual talent shown throughout the entirety of Untouchables that seems to be overlooked by some. It's Korn's best work and it really shows. Highlights include "Blame", "Hollow Life", "Hating" and "No One's There".
  15. Aug 13, 2014
    I love this album it has everything and its KoRn's style its groovy, heavy, soft and calm. This album shows KoRn' s experience and shows how they are capable of doing anything new
  16. fanny
    Sep 9, 2003
    not their best but it's close
  17. edm
    Jul 5, 2005
    it was good. all da songs r immediate and dey grab ya. if ya dont lyk it i aint gunna BLAME ya (1 of da best traks). but next time mor of ur brill scat pleez Jon
  18. PaulS.
    Aug 27, 2002
    This album rules, so all you critics can go and fuck yourself. The onslaught of koRn is here so make way.
    this is fuckin great!
  20. Chimp
    May 20, 2004
    Jon Davis cant sing? Jon Davis sings like a queer banshee? I dont think so. This album is really good, and all artists continue to sing about what they used to do! The Rolling Stones still sing about girls for instance, and their 60!
  21. spiked
    Feb 13, 2004
    this cd has awesome songs and fast pace heavy metal
  22. BreannaR
    Nov 18, 2003
    I love this CD and I love Korn soooooo much! This CD is great but not the best they've ever done. A few of the songs including wake up hate, embrace, and beat it upright were kinda lame but some of the songs like no one's there (the best song on this CD), one more time, alone I break, im hiding, here to stay, hating, and thoughtless are just some of the best songs Korn has ever I love this CD and I love Korn soooooo much! This CD is great but not the best they've ever done. A few of the songs including wake up hate, embrace, and beat it upright were kinda lame but some of the songs like no one's there (the best song on this CD), one more time, alone I break, im hiding, here to stay, hating, and thoughtless are just some of the best songs Korn has ever done and the rest of the songs are good. Im so excited about their next CD, take a look in the mirror!!!!!! Expand
  23. Mar 20, 2012
    Excellent record. Korn is always at their best when they just go and make a record without any secondary reasoning. Standout tracks are Hating, One More Time, and Blame
  24. Aug 1, 2014
    I'm reviewing the standard edition and not the deluxe.

Here To Stay (9.25) This is one of my favorite tracks by Korn. Even though I haven't listened to their album heavily, I've always loved their sound. The main reason I like this track is the message associated with the lyrics. The guitar are heavy and mainstream and they add to the song in a great way. Make Believe (7.5) I like
    I'm reviewing the standard edition and not the deluxe.

Make Believe (7.5) I like how the vocals sound eerie and a little off on purpose. This song has a good little melodic vibe. This song incorporates good use of electronica in parts. The chorus is the best part because of the melodic vibe. The guitar gets heavier later in the song and takes the song in the right direction.

Blame (8.5) This song really picks up the album, but the vocals are still creepy. The aggressive sound associated with the instrumentals is good though, as well as how the tempo is changed throughout the piece. The chorus is good and it's much more listenable than the previous track. The ending of the piece is the best part I think.

Hollow Life (8.5) The spacey sound in beginning is good for the album I think. It makes the track unique. The slower pace of the song is good along with the moderate guitar in the chorus. The song gets really good when the tempo starts to picks up a little bit in certain parts. The background vocals are a good element as well.

Bottled Up Inside (8) This track starts off with heavy instrumentals and that's the main type of sound I like coming from Korn. It has pretty much the same tone throughout the song but it's a good sound so that is good.

Thoughtless (9) Another one of the singles off this album and I think Korn did a good job at choosing this song. The catchy chorus is definitely the best part of the song. I really connect with the part about friends being gone. Because my friends are gone. #NoNewFriends #NeoConservative

Hating (8.5) This song is good and it keeps up my interest in the album as a whole. The guitar is good and the chorus is the best part like usual. I really kind of classify this song as melodic screamo. I guess I classify alot of Korn's music like that.

One More Time (8.5) Korn has a very unique guitar sound in this track and really makes it stand out to me. The heavy mainstream sound Korn delivers stays constant and the tempo changes later and it really allows me to give it a solid 8.5. Korn makes the instrumentals heavier in the end of the song and they seem to do this alot, I guess I'm picking up on their formula for making music.

Beat It Upright (8) This track has a faster tempo and I like the sound it delivers. But in most of Korn's music, it stays stagnant for most of the time but the instrumentals are good because of my appreciation of heavier rock. The tracks though are kind of starting to sound similar at this point though.

Alone I Break (9) One of my favorite songs on the album because it kind of has a dark ballad feel to it. Of course the chorus is the reason why the dark message within the lyrics I really connect with. The catchy chorus is repeated at the end and wraps the song up good.

Embrace (8.75) This song has really great heavy instrumentals in the beginning and it really keeps my ears entertained, followed by heavy lyrics. The change in the dynamics of the tone in Korn's songs presented in this track is why a gave it the unique 8.75. I just really like this track because of the fast pace and the angry sound it gives off.

I'm Hiding (8.5) This song starts out with a really unique sound. It is more melodic than most of the tracks on this album, and I really like it. The tempo is good as well. The unique sound is repeated and is a good loop so give the track a good beat and tone. The distorted guitar at the end is a good way to end the track as well.

Wake Up Hate (9) The catchy 'wake up hate' lyric really makes this song stand out. The lyrics in between the chorus really are creepy and dark though. Although the message associated with the song is negative I gave this song a 9 because of how hits hard when played loud and would be a great anthem in a mosh pit.

No One's There (9) The interesting sound and slower tempo is a great way to wrap up the album I think. The chorus sounds in tune and melodic and I know alot of Korn's music is out of tune on purpose and it turns alot of people off to them but I think alternative sounds are an acquired taste. Saying that, if you compare this song to alot of the 8.5's I've reviewed, I think you'll be able to see the difference.
  25. Oct 27, 2014
    A very good album but not my Fav..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  26. TravisO.
    Aug 27, 2002
    I have to say this is the best album they have put out since Life is Peachy. True, it's still not the same Korn as the first album, but its definitely a step back in the right direction after the trendy bullshit we saw in Follow the Leader and Issues. All in all, a good album, and I think it has brought Korn back closer to their original greatness.
  27. Jul 7, 2011
    The Untouchables album, 5th in Korns illustrious and varied career, was also their most experimental at the time, with alot of emphasis on sound effects and making the rhythm section pound harder than ever.
    While at the same time keeping the stereotypical Korn sound. Jonathons songwriting was amateur at best, but his vocal capacity is vastly improved with smooth transitions between melody and low growls.
    Its a very atmospheric album reminiscent of the FX used in Follow the Leader, but overall it doesnt live up to the classic nature of the aforementiond. It is basically the Issues album downtuned with more effects. While its nothing spectacular and is one of their lowest selling albums. Its actually very underrated, its heavy, funky, soulful, and very angry and aggressive, everything that Korn became big for. and much much more. I love this album despite its many technical flaws. Its a worthy album from an underrated band
  28. Feb 20, 2012
    A low 9, accompanies Korn's most produced and dynamic effort that vastly improves with each listen. There is enough depth and innovation here to keep the band at the top of their genre. 'Make Believe', 'No One's There, fan favourite 'Thoughtless' and 'Here to Stay' make a point in proving that despite their bashing in popular culture Korn are very capable of creating a superb andA low 9, accompanies Korn's most produced and dynamic effort that vastly improves with each listen. There is enough depth and innovation here to keep the band at the top of their genre. 'Make Believe', 'No One's There, fan favourite 'Thoughtless' and 'Here to Stay' make a point in proving that despite their bashing in popular culture Korn are very capable of creating a superb and imaginative piece. Expand
  29. brody
    Dec 19, 2002
    i admit, i'm not a very big fan of korn or metal music in general, but this album isn't half bad. the worst parts of this record is obvious filler and jon's lack of songwriting ability, but the sound of it all is much much better than any of their previous releases. the sound of jon's voice actually enhances the music so well, i can almost forgive him of the seventh i admit, i'm not a very big fan of korn or metal music in general, but this album isn't half bad. the worst parts of this record is obvious filler and jon's lack of songwriting ability, but the sound of it all is much much better than any of their previous releases. the sound of jon's voice actually enhances the music so well, i can almost forgive him of the seventh grade english class poetry assignment lyrics. almost. Expand
  30. markyj
    Dec 23, 2004
    My least favorite by them
  31. SirSpiteFull
    Nov 14, 2002
    Three million dollars to produce this? For those who haven't heard it, here's a summary: ROOOAARRR! CRUNGE! SHOUTY BITS! ROOAARR! CRUNGE! SHOUTY BITS! O GOD AM I IN PAIN! WHERE'S MY BENTLEY? WHERE'S MY DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE? ROOAARR! CRUNGE! Only illiterate, homophobic high school dropouts need apply...
  32. BrianK
    Jul 19, 2002
    Okay this album is garbage. I dont know what Jon Davis is thinking but trying to sound like Tears for fears and the Cure is not working for them, Davis has totally lost all touch to his low, gutteral rage in his vocal chords he now sounds like a prissy, brit-pop diva on these worthless, and even laughable tracks. I am so glad my buddy and I downloaded the CD because just by hearing their Okay this album is garbage. I dont know what Jon Davis is thinking but trying to sound like Tears for fears and the Cure is not working for them, Davis has totally lost all touch to his low, gutteral rage in his vocal chords he now sounds like a prissy, brit-pop diva on these worthless, and even laughable tracks. I am so glad my buddy and I downloaded the CD because just by hearing their 1st radio tune(which is good actually) I may of bought bieng a Korn fan! and it sickens me when the critics who obviously never heard of Korn till follow the Leader call this dark. Listen to Korn's first CD, now that is dark, the driving gutteral angst that embodies what Korn was and should always be meant to be! It angers me when bands lose their grip one what made them good in the first place have ignorant critics telling them they have put out their best CD yet! Shame on you critics shame!!!!! Wake up! Expand
  33. SwingerJay
    Jul 23, 2002
    Once again jon davis trying too hard to be deep, when in all reality..he isnt. I expect an apology from them to the fans for wasting their time, and money...on this shit they call music. Excuse me, where are the $$$ in the word art?
  34. PeterGabriel
    Jul 24, 2002
    As expected jon davis' lyrics are about as deep as a puddle, and meaningful as words written in water. The music, the band itself have no artistic integrity, but I am sure there has to be somone stupid enough to like this album. Yuk. And these guys own a record company? I have a feeling that we are about to have an onslaught of terrible music plague our land.
  35. MichaelR
    Nov 29, 2003
    Korn sucks. Screw Korn. If you want more insight to that comment: Jon Davis is nearing his forties and still complains about being beaten up in High School, and his attempts to write about anything else are worthless. Plus, he can't sing. He sounds like a queer banshee.

1. The song, sentiment and anger remain the same.
  2. 'Untouchables' is a record that grows spikes with each listen and is by turns exhilarating, confusing, inspiring, embarrassing and astonishing.
  3. Alternative Press
    Their darkest, most impenetrable record yet--the aural approximation of staring down a mine shaft at midnight. [Jul 2002, p.75]