Untrue

• Release Date: Nov 6, 2007
7.9

Review this album

1. Sep 28, 2012
    I think you must get it to like it. btw most (if not all) of the songs actually have lyrics, but they´re hard to understand. i think im slowly getting it.
  2. Nov 29, 2013
    Given this a listen only a couple of days ago, I must say its an experience like no other. Burial did his thing with sampling and used it like a pro. I hope to hear a follow up to this near-masterpiece.
  3. May 23, 2013
    If you're looking for something to dance to, then this is the wrong album for you. If not, continue reading. Just like with most of his music, Burial blends together an extremely tranquil, deep and harmonious experience, plus if you like emotional things, Untrue is definitely something to give a listen to. It's not the best album I've ever heard, but it is definitely in my Top 10.
  4. Dec 13, 2013
    I wasn't a huge fan of the album after the first half dozen listens. But something kept me coming back for repeated listens. Then during a random listen, it just hit me, the sound which seemed mediocre to me before, was incredible! One of my all-time favorite albums, and easily one of the oddest experiences I've had with an album.
  5. Dec 26, 2013
    With fast tempos despite bone-chilling ambiance, Untrue manages to be arguably one of the greatest dubstep albums ever. However, don't expect this one to hit you immediately. When I first listened to this album, I thought it had nice beats, but those seemed to drone a bit too much and I lost interest. Luckily, I gave it a second chance and was left in tears by the emotional intensity ofWith fast tempos despite bone-chilling ambiance, Untrue manages to be arguably one of the greatest dubstep albums ever. However, don't expect this one to hit you immediately. When I first listened to this album, I thought it had nice beats, but those seemed to drone a bit too much and I lost interest. Luckily, I gave it a second chance and was left in tears by the emotional intensity of every song of this album; yet I still felt the uncontrollable urge to move to the album's incredible and subtly varied rhythms. It is not often an electronica album can be this physically and emotionally moving. In fact, I cannot think of another example. Expand
  6. May 8, 2014
    The best ambient album of all time. Burial is a hugely unappreciated artist on the electronic scene, and this is his highest quality collection of musical pieces. I look forward to future full-length albums.
  7. May 15, 2015
    It is hard to skip a song on this faultless LP. Brooding, evocative and strong, a step up from his self-titled debut and a pinnacle in electronic music.
  8. Jan 11, 2017
    Excelent album .......................................................................................................................................

1. Burial has concocted a noir-ish sound that’s as powerful as it is atmospheric.
  2. What gives this album more depth is the focus, the rolling symmetry and cinema.
  3. That emptiness tempts a listener in, and puts you in its place--you, in a sense, step into the record’s point of view. This invitation to intimacy is a powerful move that most club music is simply incapable of.