Up All Night - One Direction
3.4

Review this album

1. Apr 9, 2012
    This is horrible. It's probably the most cliché album I ever heard. They're nothing more than 5 Justin Bieber's and they will never get to the level of previous boys bands they're obviously copying like Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync. This is just a mess.
  2. Mar 25, 2012
    I don't want to seem jealous, but for me this band is the classical group of handsome boys that has success for the physical aspect and for "x factor". The album isn't bad as some albums from other artist like them, but i don't like the songs and i don't like them. ( sorry for my English )
  3. Apr 26, 2012
    I was unimpressed with this CD. I was told many positive things about it, though I heard some things about the band having a lack of anything interesting to offer. They were right. This group is basically a remake of the Jonas Brothers, mainly appealing to the female side of the music consuming industry. And that half usually has the most unoriginal, stereotypical music of the entire industry. This band has typical boy band stinkers that has limited appeal and most rely solely off of their teeny-bopping beats. But what they don't understand is that we're SICK of hearing it. Overall the album is a whimsical, pouty-voiced 3/10. Stick to picking up Barbies with limited talent and turning them into pop icons, Hollywood. Expand
  4. Jun 23, 2012
    in the Bieber era domination, no even 5 lads can make the right harmonies. their voices are really weak. the album in general is really generic, but fun. What makes you beautiful their "best" song is just overrated.
  5. Oct 28, 2012
    Não gostam de Buceta, adoram rebolar num pau e beijar rapazes de bigode, axilas peludas, com o Pau Grande e super malhados. Deviam provar minha Buceta, vamos ver se não gostam.
  6. Jun 26, 2012
    They are terrible and they also deserve to die in HELL!!! TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Jan 13, 2013
    The record is full of semi-catchy melodies with simple and basic lyrics, that only music uneducated 13-year-olds would like. Simply, Up All Night is an very bad album.
  8. Dec 18, 2013
    It's OK (2/5), I guess. I think they just copy most of other boy bands especially Backstreet Boys. (Although I'm 13 y/o) When I listen their songs over and over again, I feel BBBBBBOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGG.
  9. Aug 27, 2012
    look i respect these guys and all but they are just copying N' sync and the backstreet boys i really dont know how they are popular non of there songs are moving inspirational anything all their songs are about girls and not in the romantic way in the way people today call romantic there is a deeper meaning to love then physically showing them love its a spiritual thing also and this kind of music and generation can not capture what the true meaning of what it is to be in love anymore they arent talented none of the songs are catchy like i think katy perrys songs have stupid lyrics but at least the music is catchy sometimes but all in all this band and album is not good they are weak singers and have horrible beats to go along with it Expand
  10. Jul 23, 2012
    Recycled tween bubble gum pop. As singers, they aren't bad, but they aren't good. Absolutely riding on fame from X Factor, and their looks. They shouldn't be hailed as the next big thing. Their music doesn't warrant that type of recognition.
  11. Dec 31, 2012
    What could have been a great album turns into crap when 1D sends a barrel of pure sh*t at our ears. This isn't music, it's sound. The vocals are fairly decent, but the lyrics suck, and the 5 idiots of 1D have no personality at all. This album Direction-sucks.
  12. Jan 6, 2013
    This album is WAY WAY WAY too over-rated... Its far too boring, same old same old.. To me, they all sound pretty much the same, I wouldnt recommend this :)
  13. Feb 28, 2013
    este albun es realmente malo, todas las canciones tratan de lo mismo no hay originalidad ademas ya estamos cansados de las bandas de los chicos guapos este album hace que uno solo se fije solo en los chicos y no en lo que verdaderamente importa LA MUSICA
  14. Mar 24, 2013
    The reason for One Direction's fame is because of "What Makes You Beautiful," which wasn't even written by them. What irks me about them is after they perform a song like that and have the entire population of prepubescent girls in love with them they rate their fan's attractiveness during signings. The songs from this album are very annoying and unoriginal.
  15. Apr 24, 2013
    Group 5 losers with pretty faces and sing without talent is what you get in this album. Despite the fact that [sarcasm] none of them are homosexual [/sarcasm], they still managed to be little hipster teens favorite.
  16. Oct 5, 2013
    One Direction's Up All Night fails utterly as an album. The ridiculous hit single that launched them to stardom "What Makes You Beautiful" is a rather clunky song. The drum transition towards the chorus is off-tempo, the repetition that goes "do-o-or" and "en-ou-ou-ough" seem tacked on and the lyrics aren't even thought out properly.

"I don't know why... you're being shy..."

Cheap
    rhyme that's bland and uncreative. What's even worse is that One Direction didn't even write any of their songs. That tells me two things. One: Rami Yacoub, Carl Falk, Savan Kotecha suck at writing songs, and Two: One Direction can't even be to write their songs and share their personal spin on anything. Some creativity they have...

"One Thing" is one bad thing too many. The song's tone rips off any other song on their album.

'Taken" is already an unappealing title but the entire chorus sounds tacked on with uninspired lyrics. It just sounds like a bunch of words stuck together mashed with a non-catchy tune.

Are those 13 year-old+ fan girls blind and deaf? They're not at all that attractive nor are they worth the hype. They are a bunch of X-Factor drop-outs that X-Factor mashed together to make some cheap money-making product by manipulating the idiocy of some (not all) young girls.

The world may end because this album is a sign of that...
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    One Direction is a terrible band which humans REALLY don't like. Heck, I'd rather listen to a screaming monkey, they are five Justin Biebers, and anyone who likes these people have a disease or something.
  18. Aug 11, 2013
    Genre: Pop
    Not to be confused with the decent 2004 album from indie rock band Razorlight 'Up All Night' is yet another example of how marketing and the power of shows like The X Factor will always be as, if not more, important to success than genuine musical talent.

Fair enough the boys have OK voices but every song on this debut album is little more than generic pop with unimaginative
    arrangement and even more unimaginative lyrics. If you've liked any of the endless number of boy-bands that have been seen since the early 90's then One Direction might be for you but I want much more from my music. Expand

1. Mar 28, 2012
    One Direction are simply five pretty guys with a few decent songs and not much personality. Call them One Dimension.
    Debut album Up All Night consists of 15 installments of inoffensive daytime radio pop.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    As a starting point for One Direction fan memorabilia, for which it appears there is limitless potential for the time being, this is a perfectly sized, and targeted, collection.