• Record Label: Domino
  • Release Date: Apr 8, 2003
8.8

Review this album

1. Feb 8, 2011
    This album is absolutely phenomenal. Impossible to over rate. continues to be an explosive and inspiring force year after year after year. The sequence of Bjioux-Twins-Kid You'll Move Mountains is a pinnacle of organic electronic music. Any honest music lover can appreciate and love this album. I also Highly recommend the EP Hendrix with KO and Andorra
  2. SimonG
    Jan 11, 2007
    This is music that makes me feel 25 years younger. An ambient masterpiece, every time I listen to this I hear something new. Made by someone who loves making music, (especially the drummer who is a constant source of musical fun). Probably my best accidental find (of anything) ever. I'm obliged to vote to cancel out Ronnie C's vote of 3.
  3. Matt
    Apr 20, 2006
    anyone who calls this overrated, horrible, etc, is surely a soulless golem sent to destroy us all. Rarely is music so utterly transcendant that it's no longer just sound waves coming through electronic devices into your ears, it's pure beauty and feeling that nourishes your soul. Or, get this album right now.
  4. Pete
    Dec 27, 2005
    Absolutely perfect. I bought have this album for almost nearly two years now and it's still on rotation. 'Loveless' for the 00's
  5. nickr
    Mar 25, 2005
    Best album of 2003 by a mile. Fantastic music that you just don't hear enough of.
  6. wo
    Jun 29, 2004
    I've had this album for about a year now and I finally got to see Manitoba live tonight. The show was amazing and proved that the complexity of the album could be translated into an energetic live performance.
  7. robert
    Mar 19, 2004
    i only wish it was longer. does anyone hear flying saucer attack in this? saint etienne?
  8. RonnieC
    Jun 26, 2003
    this cd is so utterly overated it leaves me befuddled why it is so acclaimed. this cd is horrible, i literally laugh when i listen to this. Spend your hard-earned money on Four Tet's "Rounds" instead if you want some illmatic, listenable electronic music
  9. FredK.
    May 16, 2003
    This album is jaw-froppingly gorgeous. The positive vibes that eminate from it is much-needed, especially in times like this. If there is any CD that clearly demonstrates the healing potential of music, this one would be it. On a sidenote, what the hell is Q Magazine talking about? How can most of the songs copy their given "formula"? The dogs barking occurs in ONE track: Crayon. The This album is jaw-froppingly gorgeous. The positive vibes that eminate from it is much-needed, especially in times like this. If there is any CD that clearly demonstrates the healing potential of music, this one would be it. On a sidenote, what the hell is Q Magazine talking about? How can most of the songs copy their given "formula"? The dogs barking occurs in ONE track: Crayon. The crashing drums takes place in ONE track:Skunks. Completely disregarding the fact that both instances are effective in their given songs. That 'review', and I use that term loosely, should be completely ignored. Expand
  10. TheAucklander
    May 8, 2003
    This is growing on me. It goes with the flow and is in danger of becoming my most over-listened-to album since the Avalanches "Since I Left You"
  11. AlexanderJ
    Apr 19, 2003
    I can't believe a work of such startling originality and beauty can be broadcast to the world from the tiny hamlet of Dundas, Ontario. Makes me be proud to be a Canadian. Essential listening.
  12. JMancine
    Apr 16, 2003
    Addictive. It deserves nothing less then a ten.
    Apr 15, 2003
    incredible.
  14. NelsM
    Apr 6, 2003
    This album grabs you by the shoulders and shakes you until you give in to its awesome beauty. For me, it only took about 30 seconds of the first track and I was sold. It exudes an incredible warmth reminiscent of My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. This album is not to be missed.

1. There hasn't been a song-oriented psychedelic album that's had this sort of life-affirming, full-bodied roar since Mercury Rev's 1993 classic, Boces. [June 2003, p.110]
    Both adventurous and accessible, a record in love with the obliterating power of sound. [Apr 2003, p.120]
  3. Once again, Snaith has surprised just about everyone, and Up In Flames will likely go down as one of my favorite albums of the year.