Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
8.4

Review this album

1. Jul 22, 2011
    It's rare to find an album as perfect as this. Vampire Weekend has such a unique sound and flavor if you will that it makes it impossible not to love. A very impressive start to a very impressive new band.
  2. Mar 18, 2011
    Fantastic. Engaging and creative band, with similar characteristics to the Hives. I agree with Chads, Is Vampire Weekend this generation's Talking Heads, undoubtedly :)
  3. Mar 31, 2012
    Vampire Weekend is a unique indie band. Their self-titled debut album has everything you'd hope for in an indie debut. Catchy songs, witty lyrics, and simple crafts that ultimately make this album one of the best albums of my generation. All In All, Vampire Weekend is a great record that never gets old. A-
  4. Feb 8, 2014
    Genre: Alternative
    The debut album from Vampire Weekend quickly established them as one of my favourite bands. A great mix of upbeat and slower tempo tunes that are all stamped with their own unique quality.
  5. Nov 9, 2012
    The most original album released in years, Vampire Weekend has given us a taste of something great here.
  6. Mar 8, 2013
    Hmmm... I guess people dont understand this is a review for the album not a review for 2 live songs. But anyways, this album is fun and entertaining. Call it unoriginal but guess what?? NOTHING is original anymore. Come on get real people...
  7. Oct 7, 2013
    A perfect album trough and through. The self-titled album is one of the most refreshing pieces in modern music. Arcade Fire has almost seemingly invented a style of music than can be defined as the "Vampire Weekend Style." A perfect album, no song is a let down, it's pure fun that makes one envision themselves in Cape Cod.
  8. Jul 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is very special and i've known it ever since it came out! First of the three amazing albums by Vampire Weekend! Best songs in my opinion: A-punk, Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa, M79 Expand

1. Fully realized debut albums like Vampire Weekend come along once in a great while, and these songs show that this band is smart, but not too smart for their own good.
  2. Listeners are only too lucky to get a hot breath of summer fun in these cold winter months.
  3. At its best, Vampire Weekend takes the exceedingly familiar template of indie rock and invigorates it with a chiming guitar sound that suggests the band has been spending its downtime browsing afropop.org.