• Record Label: Atlantic
  • Release Date: May 8, 2007
7.7

Review this album

1. Jun 24, 2011
    Fantastic, massive, true, limitless, full of hope, full of energy... Volta has a beauty in not a normal way, it lives not in you ,but, through you, all around you... It`s eternal like energy itself.
  2. May 12, 2013
    A very confusing album (when we talk about the lyrics), the sound is enough to please whatever person who enjoy Bjork's work. Each song is completely different from the other at the sound. The best is Wanderlust, it makes you dance in your room. I think she could do a better work with the last songs, at the last part the album turns a little boring, but this is a really good CD.
  3. Nov 26, 2014
    Genuine and original. Not the best, but Volta bring to us the pure hope and good energy that I have not seen since Homogenic (actually, Vespertine and Medúlla are pretty good too).
  4. Jan 22, 2015
    I love this album, it is not one of her best but also it is still bad because of it, declare independence is the best oh god music I want to go crazy when I hear this song, björk is the best.
  5. Mar 2, 2015
    I honestly cannot believe that people call this her worst album when Biophilia exists. This is the one that got me introduced to her work and I find it funny that people say "stay away from this album if you want to start listening to her! Terrible introductory album." To each their own, I guess.

1. Volta is arguably Bjork's loosest and most ruminative record, and though it touches on everything she's ever done, it's not as gripping or coherent as her best stuff.
  2. Listen intently, repeatedly, and you'll hear much to widen your consciousness... But listen for, you know, enjoyment and you'll be left wanting.
  3. Every song on Volta sounds like it was birthed in no fewer than 10 months, if not five years. "Fun" hardly has an opportunity to enter the picture when Björk's now seemingly permanent fastidiousness remains her métier.