8.2

Review this album

1. May 23, 2012
    Brilliant. If you're going to judge this album just by it's first 2 poppy singles (which are pretty solid for what they are), Settle Down and Cameo Lover, then you're going to miss out on some fantastic soul and funk music. If you can get past the somewhat childish lyrics (she's only 22) and focus in on the music you're doing yourself a huge solid. There's something for everyone on thisBrilliant. If you're going to judge this album just by it's first 2 poppy singles (which are pretty solid for what they are), Settle Down and Cameo Lover, then you're going to miss out on some fantastic soul and funk music. If you can get past the somewhat childish lyrics (she's only 22) and focus in on the music you're doing yourself a huge solid. There's something for everyone on this album, excluding rap and metal fans. Expand
  2. Jul 18, 2012
    From the confines of the southern hemisphere, Kimbra's debut album is clearly nice. With a rhythmic touch of magic and happiness, your ears are dipped in white dreams, bright and friendly. With melodies laden with a warm energy, Kimbra really deserves to be highlighted. A very good album to listen to pleasant air.
  3. Aug 27, 2012
    I've never loved an Album so much, Kimbra has brought us a fantastic range of Music and you really do feel the sense of a true legend in the making. Every song is filled with true emotions and with jazz and pop incorporated into it you can't help but listen to all of the songs over and over again. The highlight for me is Settle Down which is probably one of my all time favourite songs.I've never loved an Album so much, Kimbra has brought us a fantastic range of Music and you really do feel the sense of a true legend in the making. Every song is filled with true emotions and with jazz and pop incorporated into it you can't help but listen to all of the songs over and over again. The highlight for me is Settle Down which is probably one of my all time favourite songs. Kimbra your talented and beautiful and those two combined can be a deadly force, keep doing what your doing and you'll rise up to the rank of legend. Expand
  4. Jun 5, 2012
    Very Different Style Of Pop Music!
    Kimbra's Album Vow's Is A No Brainer Good!
  5. Jun 12, 2014
    This was by far the best album I've ever listened to... It has such a great mix of musical trickery while still showing Kimbra's outstanding vocal prowess. From Settle Down to Limbo, not only is this album worth your money, the deluxe is even more so. It's not often the bonus tracks are just as if not better than some of the albums regular songs, especially with the regular tracks beingThis was by far the best album I've ever listened to... It has such a great mix of musical trickery while still showing Kimbra's outstanding vocal prowess. From Settle Down to Limbo, not only is this album worth your money, the deluxe is even more so. It's not often the bonus tracks are just as if not better than some of the albums regular songs, especially with the regular tracks being of such quality. This is a must buy... a MUST BUY Expand
  6. Jul 11, 2012
    This album Rocks! Settle down Cameo lover two way street Sally I can see you Home and Warrior are the highlights of the album but the whole album is Awesome!
  7. Jul 21, 2014
    Kimbra's album is so awesome! She sound like a woman that so much experience to give for all the world. This one made me feel great and I love when I listen 'Something In The Way You Are' and 'Two Way Streets'. I love this album and Kimbra. ♥
  8. Jul 22, 2012
    Vows is a great album. From start to to finish every track never feels the same. One of the best surprises was "Something in the Way You Are". Buy Vows today you won't be disappointed!
  9. Sep 20, 2012
    After working with Gotye's single "Somebody That I Used to Know", Kimbra realeases her own debut album and the result is great: a well arranged R6B/Soul/Jazzy Pop is what we can hear in "Vows". A brilliant CD which won't disappoint who looks for something fresh and different!
  10. Oct 31, 2013
    This is nothing short of an underrated classic. Particularly Warrior and Two Way Street are the two highlights of the album that I would recommend to just about everyone. This deserves so much more attention
  11. Sep 24, 2014
    Kimbra is probably one of the best artists out there and this album shows why. It's just amazing!
    She has a great voice and good writing skills and let it out on the album on songs like Posse, Good Intent, Sally I Can See You and The Build Up.

1. Dec 20, 2012
    The intricate rhythms are the link between these disparate songs, all of which--scattergun or not--are absolutely beguiling.
  2. Oct 9, 2012
    When Kimbra acts her age, she's interesting and fun. When she doesn't, you can't help but wonder how much of that vocal showboating is a singer's equivalent to playing dress-up in a glamorous older aunt's closet, all posing and no play.
  3. Aug 20, 2012
    Kimbra has created a sparkling, witty debut that hymns commitment at every turn. [Sep 2012, p.102]