7.9

Review this album

1. MacM
    Apr 27, 2005
    Admittedly, my first few listens resulted in a somewhat disappointed agreeability. It's GOOD but from my favourite band in the world I really hoped for GREAT. Gone was the immediate urgency of Get Ready. But further listening revealed a true 'grower' (remember those, pop fans?). The lushness is there, the urgency is not and what we actually have is an albu of great Admittedly, my first few listens resulted in a somewhat disappointed agreeability. It's GOOD but from my favourite band in the world I really hoped for GREAT. Gone was the immediate urgency of Get Ready. But further listening revealed a true 'grower' (remember those, pop fans?). The lushness is there, the urgency is not and what we actually have is an albu of great pop-sensibility that rewards repeated listens. However I fear it may be overlooked by the decreasing attention spans of Generation i-Pod. Expand
  2. SteveM
    Apr 27, 2005
    Fantastic, as usual. New Order never dissapoint. Very solid album, some songs stronger than others, highlight tracks include Who's Joe, Turn, and the title track.
  3. MAttR
    Apr 28, 2005
    The first listen of Sirens was a bit diappointing but after some time in the car this album began to evolve into a winner. The title track not often mentioned is a classic to be. I feel this album will have a lasting impression on how NO will be remembered.
  4. KerryB
    May 10, 2005
    I also didn't like this latest issue from New Order, but after a few more listens, I can't get enough. I personally like "Who's Joe" much better than "Krafty". Also "Guilt is a Useless Emotion" has the hook that I remember so well from when I first discovered them in the 80s.
  5. JenS
    May 2, 2005
    A great CD.. the New Order style, melodies and hooks you are used to, which is a great thing!
  6. DC
    May 3, 2005
    Waiting for the Sirens Call, Turn, Morning Night and Day...some great New Order classics in the making.
    May 4, 2005
    It's too good to stop and listen to anything else.
  8. MFalcon
    May 5, 2005
    New Order is still one of my favorite bands. I loved "Get Ready" and this album is just as great. I have all of their stuff, and I like them better than ever.
  9. MCD
    Jun 13, 2005
    Love every track.
  10. DanD.
    Apr 26, 2005
    Solid effort all around. All songs are at worst listenable and at best, evoke memories of their 80's heyday. There is one sure fire brand new NO classic on the disc, Turn. Go buy it, you cheapskate.
  11. RussellES
    Apr 28, 2005
    In this new millennium, if Get Ready was a revamped New Order
  12. Lochie
    Jun 12, 2005
    I had never heard of this band before i came to university, but after reading some reviews i thought i should get it and have a listen. I'm so glad i did, this album is incredible. And the weirdest thing is that I can't define why this album is so good, it just seems to fit together so well. My current album of the year...get it now, if a NO newbie likes it so much, imagine how I had never heard of this band before i came to university, but after reading some reviews i thought i should get it and have a listen. I'm so glad i did, this album is incredible. And the weirdest thing is that I can't define why this album is so good, it just seems to fit together so well. My current album of the year...get it now, if a NO newbie likes it so much, imagine how good it really is! Expand
  13. DavidM.
    Jun 5, 2005
    Brilliant music from this band that continues to deliver well into their 3rd decade.
  14. DJohnson
    Jan 7, 2007
    loved it
  17. MarkC
    Oct 26, 2005
    2 Words !!!!!! Pure Genius After going mad when listening to there previous album GET READY i thought those boys could not beat that but....... I think this album has just gone slightly past it i was sceptical at first as they turned down there guitars riffs a bit and incorporated a bit more of there TECHNIQUE style electronics. WHAT a lovely mixture after a few listens to the album i 2 Words !!!!!! Pure Genius After going mad when listening to there previous album GET READY i thought those boys could not beat that but....... I think this album has just gone slightly past it i was sceptical at first as they turned down there guitars riffs a bit and incorporated a bit more of there TECHNIQUE style electronics. WHAT a lovely mixture after a few listens to the album i Loved it. So uplifting but at the same time so heavy. Ok so New orders Lyrics have never made much sense but most bands talk crap on there songs but afew bands can pull it off by making the poor lyrics mix in well with the songs. when you have great tunes you just sing along to them anyway Who cares !!!! New order are getting Better. Nice One Boys carry on the good work A++ Expand
  18. KhanW
    May 12, 2005
    On first listen I wasn't that into it, but after the third time through the hooks finally got me and I haven't stopped listening to it since! Have been a New Order fan since the early '80's -- more than half my life, and while this may not be quite up to the standard of their early work, it's still a rockin good time.
  19. SakesonT
    Jul 19, 2005
    Clearly & Perfectly Britpop

1. Touted as half 'Get Ready', half 'Technique', it lives up to every predictable stylistic retread that entails, to the point of self-parody.... Thank Christ, then, that the songs are so good. [26 Mar 2005, p.49]
    Zigzags between immensely beautiful and crushingly ordinary with disorienting regularity. [May 2005, p.122]
  3. Their best since Technique.