Warning - Green Day
8.0

Review this album

1. Feb 1, 2011
    I really love this album! Even though its not Green Day's best to date, I enjoy it for being different and fresh. When everyone wanted them to just make another Dookie album and return to their roots they put out a very smart and mature record that captured what was going on with them at the time in their lives. Warning starts off with acoustic guitars and ends with a beautiful ballad. AllI really love this album! Even though its not Green Day's best to date, I enjoy it for being different and fresh. When everyone wanted them to just make another Dookie album and return to their roots they put out a very smart and mature record that captured what was going on with them at the time in their lives. Warning starts off with acoustic guitars and ends with a beautiful ballad. All the way this album is solid and Billie wrote some amazing lyrics for this record! Its very different from their previews albums but a great experimental album for the time! Expand
  2. Jun 22, 2011
    Green day has always given albums where every song is good, and this is no different. Great lyrics, and catchy beats. Every song will be etched into your memory.
  3. j30
    Sep 21, 2011
    Really an underrated album. A departure in a sound they've been so comfortable with. It's my second favorite album from them. Up to this point they had been rehashing ideas from Dookie. This, poor critically received record, was their much needed creative breakthrough.
  4. Mar 7, 2013
    Excellent work by Green Day. I think it's better than Nimrod, although there isn't a real masterpiece (like Good Riddance). However Minority, Waiting and Macy's Day Parade are nice. I also like Warning and Castaway.

1. Mar 8, 2011
    Old fans who would have enjoyed such messages in the past might not like them packaged with such clean music, but they'd be missing the point. Real old school punks know that punk is about following your own path, and that's just what Green Day are doing.
  2. Crucially, his knack for simple punk tunes remains unchanged; also crucially, these do fine at moderate tempos, and one even gives off a whiff of Brecht-Weill. There are worse ways to come down off a multiplatinum high-lots of them.
  3. Green Day's melodies are as delicious as ever, and the band continues to integrate acoustic guitar into its sound without getting all granola on us. But as a songwriter, Armstrong's neither here nor there, unable to fully abandon his goofball roots but not stretching far enough to score the breakaway great album he's always seemed capable of writing.