Warrior - Ke$ha
  • Release Date: Dec 4, 2012
7.7

Review this album

1. Dec 4, 2012
    This is definitely the greatest dance pop album of the year. If Ke$ha hooked you with the album's lead single "Die Young", then you will be blown away with what she delivers with "Warrior". Not only is she able to capture the party in almost every one of her songs, but she is able to take this a step further and make you laugh and make you realize things you probably wouldn't think of on your own. She is a pure blast. "Thinking of You", " Wherever You Are" and "Supernatural" are my new Ke$ha favorites. If you're not the party type, you should definitely check out "Dirty Love" featuring Iggy Pop or even "Wonderland", which are very different from her usuals. The only negative thing I have to say, is the fact that her voice is massively autotuned, but does this really matter when you're listening to the work of a talented song writting legend?I have so much more respect for her since she writes all of her songs and it clearly shows on this album that she knows exactly what the hell she's doing. You go Ke$ha. Expand
  2. Dec 23, 2012
    Ke$ha has always been scrutinized. Being called a slutty, booze-inducing member of society. But, she's actually a very smart artist. Her lyrics are so funny, but so good. Irresistible and catchy, Warrior is better than Animal and it's re-release, Cannibal. The rock influence in a big part of the album is to die for. The title track and Supernatural are heavily influenced by dubstep and Dirty Love is a garage, punk rock track echoing The Black Keys', Lonely Boy. Wonderland is country-rock song that is the most vulnerable highlight in the standard version of the album. Warrior should have been a 16-track album, because two of the best tracks on the whole album are Gold Trans Am and Last Goodbye, both on the deluxe edition. Gold Trans Am being an electro-rock piece of clever pop and Last Goodbye being a vulnerable, electro-folk pop song with some of K$'s best lyrics. Ke$ha's human and that's what she wants to show people. She wants people to know that all that matters is the beautiful life and to live each day as if you were to die young. Sex is a big theme in the album, but sex is a part of life and Ke$ha just simply embraces it. She knows what she is getting into, she knows that she's a crazy kid and that not everybody will get her, but she doesn't give a **** She is who she is and she won't apologize. Ke$ha's Warrior is probably the best pop album of the year and she sure as hell knows it. ALBUM HIGHLIGHTS: Gold Trans Am, C'mon, Last Goodbye, Only Wanna Dance With You, Crazy Kids, Dirty Love, Wonderland
    SONGS THAT ARE TO BE SKIPPED: Past Lives
  3. Dec 23, 2012
    This album is catchy, inventive, and fun! There is a huge variety of style when it comes to this album and Ke$ha has shown that she doesn't "always" need autotune. There are those meant-for-radio songs such as "Die Young" and "C'mon" but then there are those more slow paced and alternative type songs. I would definitely recommend getting the deluxe version because those extra tracks are some of the best ones. It really is a pop album with alternative and rock influences. I would give this album a listen and see for yourself! Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2013
    Honestly this is Ke$has best album, and one of the best albums to come out of 2012! Definatly a step up from the Animal/Cannibal era, and if your a big fan of pop music or even a big Ke$ha fan i'd advise to to buy it right now! As a big fan of Ke$ha myself (Yes i bought it the day it came out) i cant help but get those lyrics stuck in my head, everything from beautifully written lyrics to amazing chorus' the album is a must! As if you bought/heard anything from the Animal/Cannibal era, auto-tune may have turned you away but Ke$ha drops the auto-tune for this album, here's a track by track review just incase you'd like to know more or just buy songs individually on iTunes.
    Track One WARRIOR Warrior is a great way to start off the album, between the insperational and powerfull lyrics this song is amazing! Definatly one of the highlights in my opionion!
    Track Two DIE YOUNG -
    Die Young is the second track and also the lead single, this song is great and really catchy. Im obsessed with it since it premiered and if you haven't heard this yet you must be living under a rock.
    Track Three C'MON -
    C'mon is the albums second single and thrid track. C'mon is one of my favourites also on the album its super catchy and really fun to sing along to. Although it hasnt done to well on the charts yet, im sure you will love it!
    Track Four THINKING OF YOU -
    Thinking Of You showcases the rock/pop genre Ke$ha was talking about for this album. Its a break-up song and has really humourous lyrics and is sure to get you singing along! Although the song isnt one of my favourites, i still really like the verses very much!
    Track Five CRAZY KIDS -
    Crazy Kids is definatly single worthy and a radio smash for summer. Im in love with this song its definatly a must if you haven't heard it yet, one of the albums highlights for sure!
    Track Six WHEREVER YOU ARE -
    Wherever You Are is a love song, perfectly wrote and really good song overall. This really shows Ke$has vocal ability and how she can write about more than just partying, this song is one of my favourites on 'Warrior'.
    Track Seven DIRTY LOVE Dirty Love, uhm in still not to sure about this, it hasnt quite grown on me yet, although i really love the chorus' and the verses i just cant find myself loving this yet. If your a rock fan this song will definatly suit you but it's not quite for me.
    Track Eight WONDERLAND -
    Wonderland is really good, its a slowed down song and shows a really different side to Ke$ha. The lyrics and singing in this song are amazing and if your into slow songs then this is for you.
    Track Nine ONLY WANNA DANCE WITH YOU -
    Only Wanna Dance With You has kind of an 80's vibe to it. Its a really up-beat and catchy track and i really like it but its not one of my favourites if im honest.
    Track Ten SUPERNATURAL -
    Ok, Supernatural... its just amazing. I honestly cant put into words how amazing this song is. Dr. Luke leaked a 40 second snippit of this back in July 2012 to preview what 'Warrior' would be like, when 'Warrior' was eventually released from the word go i was hooked to this! The beat is kind of hypnotic and its really amazing work, the lyrics are also very catchy. It's rumoured to be the 3rd single from the album and will definatly do well in the charts!
    Track Eleven ALL THAT MATTERS (THE BEAUTIFUL LIFE)
    All That Matters is a dance track. Although its nothing like anything from Animal/Cannibal, its definatly a Ke$ha song! This will definatly be a hit on her tour this summer with the lines like ''Put your motherf**king phones up/light um' up''
    Track Twelve LOVE INTO THE LIGHT -
    Another slowed down song and another side to Ke$ha, Love Into The Light is an amazing song but i just cant find my way around some of the lyrics, but overall a really good track.

DELUXE EDITION TRACKS
    Track Thirteen LAST GOODBYE -
    If you got the deluxe edition like i did, you probably heard these songs. Last Goodbye is definatly single worthy and one of the albums highlights! Its just amazing, the beat, the lyrics, everything i love it!
    Track Fourteen GOLD TRANS AM -
    Gold Trans Am is definatly more rock direction and will be amazing on the tour. The lyrics are very funny and extreamly catchy i just cant help myself going around singing them.
    Track Fifteen OUT ALIVE -
    Out Alive would be a definate radio hit. Although in most reviews this track hasn't been reviewed well, i think its an amazing party track and very clever lyric wise.
    Track Sixteen PAST LIVES -
    Past Lives is definatly my least favourite, its a really good song lyrically but i just can't find a way to like this track.

So if you've read down to here, you have read alot, sorry this took up so much but i tried as much as i could to review it! If you liked the review and thinking about buying it, buy it! If your going to buy some tracks off iTunes, do it! Highlights are definatly Warrior,Crazy Kids,Supernatural and Last Goodbye and the two released singles! Thanks for reading!
  5. Dec 4, 2012
    After two long years of waiting, Ke$ha is back and better than ever. I was skeptical at first when I read that she would be dropping auto-tune and bring in guitars and rock infused sound to make a whole new genre: **** pop. But after listening to it, I am impressed! Her first album Animal was just the generic pop album where auto tune overshadowed her singing skills. I can really hear the rock sounds especially in Dirty Love and in Gold Trans Am (one of my favorites). Stand out tracks include: Warrior, Crazy Kids, Wherever You Are, Supernatural, Love Into The Light and Gold Trans Am. You can really tell how much work Ms. Ke$ha put into this album over the past two years, and I can now say that it is one of the best pop albums of the past 5 years, it was worth the wait. 9/10 Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    The Great American Pop Album... well at least in the eyes of a reckless teenager, such as I. Ke$ha just about proves herself as more than just that hung-over party girl who threw up in Paris Hilton's closet. Warrior's opening track sets the score, as this can be said to be the perfect intro to an album like this. Ke$ha manages to establish herself as a carefree, american rebel, impressive for happening just 4 minutes into the album. Everyone's Favourite Die Young pumps through our speakers, making us just want to get up and go crazy, a fun up-tempo track. C'mon, Thinkin' of You, GoldTransAm and Dirty Love allow Ke$ha to re-introduce that funny teenager we first saw on 2010's Animal, however this time its an upgraded, more smart and likeable character, easy to relate to. We are then treated what could be said to be Ke$ha's first ever ballad 'Wonderland' - a auto-tune free, breeze of fresh air, filled with nostalgia and meaningful lyrics. Ke$ha then experiments with even more sounds such as dubstep, electronic and techno on tracks like Out Alive, Supernatural and Crazy Kids. Overall a great albums with guest such as will.i.am and Iggy Pop, Warrior feels like Ke$ha's first legit album. 9/10 Expand
  7. Dec 4, 2012
    This is one of the best albums of the year, and definitely the best pop album of the year. It has so many standout tracks, they are all good. Recommend it strongly.
  8. Dec 4, 2012
    Without a doubt one of the best albums of the year. Although it's disappointing that the best tracks on the album were on the deluxe version, Gold Trans Am, Past Lives, & Last Goodbye are some of the best songs she's ever made.
  9. Dec 4, 2012
    Best. Album. Of. The. Century. Ke$ha cooks up a wild party for everyone with her new album. Rather if it's "War-ior-ior-ior" or "let's make the most of the night like were gonna die young" or even "all that matters is the beautiful life!" You will be jamming your ass off.
  10. Dec 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. Warrior is undeniably one of the best pop rock albums of the year. All tracks are adventurous, amalgamating various genres such as pop, dance, EDM, country, and surprisingly rock; and hey Ke-dollar-sign-ha nailed it this time! The opening song "Warrior" is indeed a perfect song to begin with, and the following tracks "Die Young" and "C' Mon" are fresh party dance anthems. Moreover, who else can rhyme "sabre-toothed tiger" and "warm Budweiser" better than K$? "Crazy Kids" is another standout track, lyrically reminiscent of her previous No. 1 hit "We R Who We R", but sonically adventurous as well.
    The second half of the album is also golden; "Dirty Love" "Wonderland", "Love Into The Light", and "Gold Trans Am" accentuate how she can really sing and belt, and strongly shows that she does not only sing trashy party hits, but also country-rock with deep and honest lyrics. In fact, most of the tracks in her sophomore album are experimental, yet still contain catchy Ke$ha-ish hooks and irresistible beats that everyone loves. With the aid of her totally-i-don't-give-a-f_ck attitude, she really did it this time.
  11. Dec 6, 2012
    This is by far the best album of Ke$ha's so far. The purpose of what "Warrior" is all about is strongly expressed in the majority of her songs! I liked how she showed her creativity and originality in her music. I'm glad how she decided to use "Die Young" as her debut single before the realise of her album. It captivates the audience that she was aiming for, which obviously captivated me. I recommend it strongly. Expand
  12. Dec 12, 2012
    People who haven't heard this album are trying to leave negative reviews here to bring Kesha down but it's going to be a lot harder with Warrior than previous albums. Warrior is an excellent pop album that also incorporates some rock and country. And it does it with little or no autotune or other effects. We actually get to hear Kesha's raw vocals more on this album than her previous efforts, although she also did have nonautotuned songs in previous releases. All the songs on Warrior are good to excellent and will appeal to a wider demographic than her past work. Kids will love the dance tracks, although some like Out Alive and Wherever You Are, are more serious lyrically than her past dance songs. Older buyers will appreciate the ballads Wonderland, Past Lives, Love Into the Light and Last Goodbye. This album really does have something for everyone and with releases like Last Goodbye, Wherever You Are, Supernatural or Thinking of You, she should expand her audience significantly. Expand
  13. Mar 18, 2013
    gradually assuming everything promised while producing this new album, Kesha leaves no more doubt really know how to sing, compose and be rock fan. In "Warrior" Kesha did not want to become the voice of the generation or attacking heavy metal star, but to show that we have already lost too much time on things that are not worth it, taking the opportunity to do that homage to their idols. The album is animated, experimental and rude in the right measure, is also useful for those times when you just want to forget the rest of the world and enjoy life. We will all die one day and Kesha goal here is to convince us to complete all our goals before that day comes, even though our goal for life is just sex in old cars or exchange feelings with beings from another world. That's it!

BY: It Pop
  14. Dec 17, 2012
    The best album I had heard, she just show to everyone that she can sing, rap and write, get it, this album is better than any pop album of this year. Amazing.
  15. Dec 17, 2012
    So it's no surprise that K-Dollar sign-ha came up with catchy party anthem tunes once again. But it is a surprise to hear Ke$ha letting go of Auto-tune. From opening track "Warrior" to "Past Lives", the closing track from the deluxe edition, Ke$ha emancipates from the dumb-blonde image she was credited for.
    "Warrior" might be her best effort to date. Not a rock album, definitely, but
    notable influences can be seen during the album.

Best tracks: Supernatural, C'mon,Crazy Kids, Gold Trans Am.
  16. Jan 2, 2013
    Best album from Ke$ha without doubt ! Each song really shows who she is ... Warrior, Crazy Kids, Love Into the Light and Past Lives: these tracks are those that relate more to the personality of the singer and this time the fans really had a greater perspective about Ke$ha. Amazing record, perfectly blending the styles ''rock'', ''country'' and ''dance pop'', masterpiece !
  17. Jan 6, 2013
    Best album EVER!!! Ke$ha really can sing! This album is full of positive power, just seizes the moment. She reduce the using of auto-tuned, more instruments and vocals! I love that!
  18. Jan 23, 2013
    An amazing pop album with the usual dance and party all night anthems, but they are all extremely catchy. Witty lyrics, reflective in parts and every song sounding like it was made to be a hit. The production is very well done and it is surprisingly my top album of 2012 so full marks for Kesha and her team.
  19. Jun 18, 2013
    Great album with great duets. Begins with Kesha doing what he does best and then plunges into a world of references. With hints of Classic Rock, indie rock, electronic and intimate with few tracks, is the most diverse of Kesha before. And definitely the level of letters greatly improved.

Highlight for Crazy Kids, Supernatural, Dirty Love and I Only Wanna Dance With You But of the title
    track to Last Goodbye, no disappoints. Expand
  20. Mar 24, 2013
    One Of The Best Albums Of All Time! Ke$ha Shows She Knows How To Party... And Really $ing! This Album Is Better Than I Ever Thought! Deserves A Grammy! Below Is A Tracklist And Score Out Of 10! Warror 10/10 Die Young 10/10 C'mon 10/10 Thinking Of You 10/10 Crazy Kids 10/10 Wherever You Are 10/10 Dirty Love 10/10 Wonderland 10/10 Only Wanna Dance (With You) 9/10 Supernatural 10/10
    All That Matters (The Beautiful Life) 10/10
    Love Into The Light 10/10
    (DELUXE EDTION TRACKS)
    Last Goodbye 10/10
    Gold Trans Am 10/10
    Out Alive 9/10
    Past Lives 10/10
  21. May 12, 2013
    Really fun album with few boring tracks. Supernatural, Last Goodbye, Die Young and Warrior are best tracks and need to be a single. To sum up it's better then her debut Animal.
  22. May 24, 2013
    One of the best pop albums of the past year. Her last album was generic and her vocals were overshadowed by her use of auto tune. She creates a new genre of music..... ****-pop. She gives everything you want and more. She gives you heavy rock experimental influenced songs like Gold Trans Am, Wonderland, and Dirty Love; dance songs that we love like Die Young, C'mon, Thinking Of You, Wherever You Are, Supernatural,All That Matters (The Beautiful Life), Out Alive; pop-rock songs that sound like P!nk could do like Thinking Of You, Only Wanna Dance With You, Love Into The Light, and Last Goodbye; and experimental alternative, indie pop songs like Warrior, and the power ballad Past Lives. This album has the Ke$ha we all fell in love with, as well as a new improved rock star side of her we've never seen. This album was also good for the produced Dr. Luke. He usually produces generic hits but this album shows his diversity. Animal/ Cannibal is abut a 5/10 but this album makes me see Ke$ha in a totally different light and have so much love and respect for her. Every single track is different and I love every one. The songs are relatable, can make you cry, can make you dance, etc. She is honestly more talented than people give her credit for. Expand
  23. Aug 1, 2013
    Ke$ha is back, and better than ever, with her critically acclaimed sophomore album, "Warrior". This record, which features a duet with Iggy Pop, not only makes you want to sing along, but dance along too! With lyrics that discuss self-empowerment and love, the album incorporates dance-pop and electropop styles with elements of electronic rock and hip hop.

Track-by-Track Review:
    "Warrior" 9/10; one of the best ways to start an album is with a fantastic track, like this
    2. "Die Young" 10/10; the lead single from Ke$ha's second album, "Warrior", is a fantastic mix of electropop and '70s rock
    3. "C'Mon" 9/10; the second single from the album is a song that makes everyone want to sing along
    4. "Thinking of You" 10/10; a terrific track that showcases a break-up
    5. "Crazy Kids" 10/10; the second best song on the album
    6. "Wherever You Are" 8/10; a great song, but not anything that's too special
    7. "Dirty Love" 10/10; with verses from both Ke$ha and Iggy Pop, this is indeed the best track on the record
    8. "Wonderland" 9/10; an amazing song that is so different from Ke$ha's other material
    9. "Only Wanna Dance with You" 10/10; a wonderful song that takes you back to the '80s
    10. "Supernatural" 10/10; words can't even explain this song
    11. "All That Matters (The Beautiful Life)" 10/10; 'baby all that matters' is this song
    12. "Love Into the Love" 9/10; what a perfect way to end the album
  24. Nov 1, 2013
    This is an album entirely driven on guilty pleasure for me. Every song is generic pop (which is why it's 9 and not 10) but it's all done so well in my opinion. I really wish it got more attention than it did
  25. Dec 6, 2013
    A great pop/dance album! I think is the best of Ke$ha.

Best songs: Only Wanna Dance with You, Supernatural and All That Matters (The Beautiful Life).
  26. Jan 5, 2014
    a fantastic album for the heavily restricted artist she is, the wide contrast of tracks which have been approved by dr luke leave to the imagination how incredible this album could've been if she had been able to the album her own way. recent events show kesha is definitely a warrior
  27. Jun 20, 2014
    Um dos melhores albuns que já ouvi,mas a crítica leva seu mediano Animal no coração mesmo com Cannibal e Warrior sendo trabalhos MARAVILHOSOS.
    É uma pena,ao menos sei que Ke$ha só melhora,que venha o proximo.
  28. Jul 10, 2014
    Easily Ke$ha's best body of work to date, flying past the autotune-overdosed 'Animal' and not looking back, this album deserved to sell millions of copies and the fact it flopped is depressing.

The opening track 'Warrior' delivers a fierce, fast paced gay rights anthem, with Ke$ha declaring "Fight for the **** ups, stand up for true love, we'll never give up" Similar messages are shown
    in songs 'Crazy Kids' & 'All That Matters' Of course, Ke$ha gives her usual dosage of throwaway party tunes with tracks like 'C'mon' & 'Out Alive' which are generic yet very listenable.

Ke$ha adds more slower paced songs that usual, and when her more romantic love songs are usually lost in a sea of synths and bass boosters, this album shows off Ke$ha's more vulnerable side perfectly, with the additions of 'Supernatural' 'Wonderland' & 'Wherever You Are'

Album highlights include previously mentioned 'Supernatural' along with 'Gold Trans Am'' 'Last Goodbye' & 'Dirty Love' Which includes a mediocre verse from rock veteran Iggy Pop, yet Ke$ha manages to make the track brilliant none the less. Album lowlights include 'Love Into The Light' and 'Past Lives' which are forgettable at best.

A brilliant album overall, strongly recommend to fans of pop AND rock alike.

1. Dec 17, 2012
    The naff raps and Auto-Tuned gloop can't spoil the addictive rush of the air-punching, get-pissed-destroy-a-bus-shelter anthems that abound here. [Jan 2012, p.93]
  2. Dec 11, 2012
    Warrior, a moderate improvement of her disappointing debut Animal. [Jan 2013, p.106]
  3. Dec 10, 2012
    Really, though, her graceless output remains unaffected.