Watch the Throne

• Release Date: Aug 12, 2011
7.8

Review this album

1. Sep 15, 2011
    one of the worst albums of the year. you have to be mentally unstable to listen to this album. the chemistry between kanye and jayz is pathetic and poor. A total disgrace to hip hop. come on, Is 'OTIS' a song ? worst song ever. and in whole worst album ever !!!
  2. Aug 15, 2011
    Had to give it a bad rating because of all the overhype this album is getting, when in reality it comes off to me as overproduced and rushed commercialization. there are flashes of greatness, teases of what we could have had from this project, but in the end it just doesn't mesh. the overall message of this album was opulence when hip hops fans were begging for something a little deeper.Had to give it a bad rating because of all the overhype this album is getting, when in reality it comes off to me as overproduced and rushed commercialization. there are flashes of greatness, teases of what we could have had from this project, but in the end it just doesn't mesh. the overall message of this album was opulence when hip hops fans were begging for something a little deeper. New Day is by far the best song on the album and its a small taste of what the album could have been. Expand
  3. Aug 14, 2011
    The most disappointing album ever,this album was way over hyped and it didn't live up to its expectations,I'll even go further and say this is the worse Kanye album ever,this album had some much potential but in my opinion Jay-Z ruined it.
  4. Aug 23, 2011
    Terrible album. I tried so hard to like it, but I just could not. The only good tracks were No Church In The Wild, Why I Love You So, and New Day. All the other tracks suck. Jay-Z has been sucking as of late, ever since Blueprint came out. Blueprint was his last good album. Kanye West dropped down after one of the greatest albums of all time with MBDTF. Sucks man.
  5. Jul 15, 2012
    Is this what rap has come too?!?!? REALLY GUYS!?!?! lolololo rap is so so so dead! This album is a dissapointment to anyone who's grown up with real rap! Im talking old skool rap when rap was real, relavent, and meaningfull. Take the $11.99 you were going to buy this album with and buy some lotion, some socks, or a remote lololololol just ANYTHING but this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Jun 26, 2013
    Guy is such a tool it's not even funny.
    He has no talent whatsoever.
    Seriously people if you think this is music or that this guy is anything more than a hip-hop hack, you're delusional.
  7. Jun 20, 2012
    i can't believe people like this guy. the beats are ok, not hard, acually just soft, and i just can't believe this is cool to listen 2, what about immortal technique, or anything but this, i really can't believe people would buy a kanye album or listen 2 a song or admit that they like it, id rather say i like hannah montanna then kanye, i mean seriously kanye's rap lyrics are so weeak youi can't believe people like this guy. the beats are ok, not hard, acually just soft, and i just can't believe this is cool to listen 2, what about immortal technique, or anything but this, i really can't believe people would buy a kanye album or listen 2 a song or admit that they like it, id rather say i like hannah montanna then kanye, i mean seriously kanye's rap lyrics are so weeak you would thinkl a second grader wrote them, man whatever the critics are sayin, kanye west is not cool, and neither are drugs,this album is terribel, jayz's old stuff is ok get that instead but don't buy this garbage,and user reviews i can't believe people like this , I REALLY CAN'T -1 out of 10 awful sounding, and awful music, no message, but people still buy this, i can not figure out how anyone can like kanye , i really can't Expand
  8. Jun 12, 2013
    overrated and overhyped. kanye needs to stop focusing so much on himself and more on the music. Jay Z shines here. I was disappointed to see kanye take this direction.

1. Magnet
    Nov 11, 2011
    They turn out to be pretty good influences on one another. Jay sounds generally reinvigorated: good-humored, full of nimble, intricate wit and atypically emotionally revealing, and if Kanye's rhymes occasionally remain as clumsy and crass as his personal life choices, he drops far fewer boners than usual. [#81, p. 56]
  2. Q Magazine
    Sep 21, 2011
    Hip hop heavy weights stop squabbling for long enough to justify their star billing. [Oct 2011, p.116]
  3. Sep 12, 2011
    That Jay and 'Ye have the courtesy to stop rapping about their money and start attacking real issues--black-on-black crime in "Murder to Excellence," raising children on "New Day"--is icing on a very expensive cake.