8.6

Review this album

1. Jul 7, 2013
    Not as good as "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" or "The Moon & Antarctica", and definitely not as good as "The Lonesome Crowded West", but it's an ok album.
  2. Nov 3, 2011
    This album contains, in its tracklist (14 songs), 4 of my favorite songs and a couple of more awesome songs that everybody should listen to.

I highly recommend this for anyone who likes to mix songs with feelings.
  3. Jan 6, 2011
    We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank has some really good tracks on it. Modest Mouse has made another solid album. The sound of it is a little different from their previous work "Good News For People Who Love Bad News". It sounds pretty good for the most part. My favorite song on the album is "Spitting Venom". Amazing song. And "Dashboard", "Little Motel", and "Fire It Up" are all greatWe Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank has some really good tracks on it. Modest Mouse has made another solid album. The sound of it is a little different from their previous work "Good News For People Who Love Bad News". It sounds pretty good for the most part. My favorite song on the album is "Spitting Venom". Amazing song. And "Dashboard", "Little Motel", and "Fire It Up" are all great tracks. All In All, a solid album with a handful of great tracks. B Collapse
  4. Dec 19, 2010
    Very good album but to me Good News for People Who Love Bad News was better, although Little motel is one of their best songs IMO. I wish Autumn beds was released in this album.

Is there another "Float On"? It scarcely matters: 10 years into their career, Modest Mouse have stumbled into their best album yet. [Mar 2007, p.137]
  2. Not just an album that revisits the dancey guitar-pop that made "Float On" an unlikely #1 hit, but sharpens and emboldens it for their most accessible album to date. [#16, p.93]
  3. Like everything the band has released since signing with Epic in the teeth of a millennial panic, it's louder and somewhat less twisty than the group's indie output.