Weezer [2001]

8.4

Review this album

1. ChrisP
    Dec 8, 2001
    This would be a good first album for a band. It's not a good album for a band that has already released one very good album (the "blue" album) and one amazing album (Pinkerton).
  2. RyanT
    Oct 3, 2002
    Basically its a second rate version of the blue album. Besides Hash Pipe, and Island in the Sun all the songs are basically blue album like retreads.
  3. PollyR.
    Jul 23, 2001
    as an avid listener of =w= i have become devoted to the group who won my heart at the age of10. i listend to the melodies everdayas if ive never heard the album before, each day grasping hidden messages and meanings in each song...and then came pinkerton. Pinkerton is diffrent, true and takesover my body and mind till this day at each word that mr cuomo recites. his words seem illuminate as an avid listener of =w= i have become devoted to the group who won my heart at the age of10. i listend to the melodies everdayas if ive never heard the album before, each day grasping hidden messages and meanings in each song...and then came pinkerton. Pinkerton is diffrent, true and takesover my body and mind till this day at each word that mr cuomo recites. his words seem illuminate my face and give me that sick feeling in my stomach .....and that is when u know that u are in love. thank god for pinkerton. I still regard it was =w= at its best regardless of what critics say. the green album disappointed me . not bad if u ar looking for music with a catchy tune and a shallow and empty mesage. god how i miss the days of pinkerton. Expand
  4. JohnM
    Apr 25, 2005
    Admit it, compared to the blue album and pinkerton this album is flat.
  5. DaniloS
    Mar 17, 2002
    In my opinion, blue album's melodies were far more elaborated than those from this album. It seems to me that I'll soon get tired of them, unfortunately. Where is their amazing creativity that made them my favorite band?
  6. DaniloS
    Mar 17, 2002
  7. Apr 1, 2016
    An enjoyable pop album. Some of the tunes are too mainstream for my tastes and aren't as exciting on the material on Pinkerton or Blue, but you can't go wrong with Photograph or Island in the Sun.
  8. Sep 29, 2014
    While the album is more upbeat and fun than it's predecessor, the writing is very bland, uninspired, and rushed. Which makes no sense since it's been almost 6 years sine the last one! I do feel that there are a few saving graces though. For starters, the energy is here, clocking in at just 30 minutes. This allows for some really fast paced power pop rockers, such as Hash Pipe and Don'tWhile the album is more upbeat and fun than it's predecessor, the writing is very bland, uninspired, and rushed. Which makes no sense since it's been almost 6 years sine the last one! I do feel that there are a few saving graces though. For starters, the energy is here, clocking in at just 30 minutes. This allows for some really fast paced power pop rockers, such as Hash Pipe and Don't Let Go. And Island in the Sun and O Girlfriend are super sweet, diabetic, geeky charms that show Weezer's softer side. Expand
  9. Jan 27, 2015
    This album is not fantastic, but it's impossible to dislike. It's so irresistibly simple that you can't hate it. It's solid all the way through, and while it doesn't offer anything extra spectacular, it's consistent and unassuming. I don't know what it is about Weezer, but every one of their albums grows on me. I don't really get tired of them, no matter how much I convince myself they'reThis album is not fantastic, but it's impossible to dislike. It's so irresistibly simple that you can't hate it. It's solid all the way through, and while it doesn't offer anything extra spectacular, it's consistent and unassuming. I don't know what it is about Weezer, but every one of their albums grows on me. I don't really get tired of them, no matter how much I convince myself they're just average. Expand

1. The 11 tracks trundle along in a generally inoffensive slipstream of occasionally admirable but mainly dull AOR silliness.
  2. Feels a bit repetitive and perfunctory the first time through, but it's resolutely unpretentious and airtight throughout, without a wasted moment or false move.
  3. Weezer have faced their challenge with confident, easy-going nonchalance, offering one hell of a tight little record.