8.5

Review this album

1. Aug 22, 2010
    Nothing can compare to Blue and Pinkerton, but Green manages to hold its own and deliver a very good pop rock album. All of the songs are catchy and you can listen to the whole album in just 30 minutes. Not as deep as most Weezer records, I still find myself listening to it if I just want good fun rock.
  2. Sep 7, 2010
    Solid effort from Weezer... Probably third best album behind The Blue Album and Pinkerton, "Island in the Sun" is especially fun live and the songs flow nicely and make for a hell of a listen.
  3. j30
    Aug 15, 2011
    Their most forgivable album, but this where they started to stray. I started listening to them when this record came out. "Photograph" and "Island in the Sun" are great Weezer songs
  4. Jun 25, 2012
    Weezer's first 2 albums are absolute classics. Green, the bands 3rd record doesn't quite match up but is still a very strong record and still sounds great a decade after it's initial release. It's got the fantastic Island in the Sun and Hash Pipe, two of the bands best tracks. It's got a couple of other really strong tracks (Photograph, Glorious Days, Oh Girlfriend) as well but unfortunately too much of the record doesn't have the edgy quirkiness that made their first 2 records so great. It almost feels a bit sanitised. I don't feel they ever struck the right balance between killer tunes and quirkiness after Pinkerton and I would say Green and Maladroit were their last really good records. Expand
  5. Apr 8, 2013
    Rivers have again shown that his songwriting hasn't gone down with the split up after Pinkerton. Though the two first albums are absolutely outstanding Weezer has still created an album that contains hit singles as well as other great "non single" songs. Sure, some of the brilliance has gotten away, compare "Falling for you" with "O girlfriend" for example, but it's still a great record that deserves attention. Expand
  6. Jan 2, 2014
    Definitely not Weezer's best *coughPinkertoncough* but a solid album nonetheless. This is the kind of album that deserves to just be listened to straight through- a task which is, sadly, over in less than half an hour. Short but sweet, carefree power pop at its finest.
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    The guitar work on the album is different than the first two but is still as great. Don't Let Go, Simple Pages, and Island in the Sun are my highlights of the album.

1. The 11 tracks trundle along in a generally inoffensive slipstream of occasionally admirable but mainly dull AOR silliness.
  2. Feels a bit repetitive and perfunctory the first time through, but it's resolutely unpretentious and airtight throughout, without a wasted moment or false move.
  3. Weezer have faced their challenge with confident, easy-going nonchalance, offering one hell of a tight little record.