6.0

Review this album

1. crusher
    Oct 2, 2001
    Not their best, but a cool record nonetheless.
  2. TraderWoody
    Oct 9, 2001
    Don't expect locust abortion technician, but the Buttholes still stomp on the average chumps out there
  3. RyanW
    Jun 30, 2006
    awesome album
  4. GuttedPete
    Jul 7, 2007
    the buttholes have been my favourite band for 20 years. this album made my fingers go numb with shock at it's awfulness, and for the first time made me regret my 18 year old buttholes tattoo. it's closer to 'they might be giants' than 'the shah sleeps in lee harvey's grave. i think i'm going to cry...
  5. MikeL.
    Sep 22, 2001
    it sux
  6. bobbyj
    Sep 19, 2003
    Feed your children on acid and this album.
  7. NateK
    Jan 17, 2007
    BHS best album, none of there other albums have this much of a meaning and it hits you on the first song, join the Weird Revolution people, I will admit that there a a few key songs on other BHS albums that have to be noted, some as good and some better than those on this album, but none have as many great tracks on one album. Basicly we dont want weirdness from the normal man, We do not BHS best album, none of there other albums have this much of a meaning and it hits you on the first song, join the Weird Revolution people, I will admit that there a a few key songs on other BHS albums that have to be noted, some as good and some better than those on this album, but none have as many great tracks on one album. Basicly we dont want weirdness from the normal man, We do not want to be freaked out by the normal man, We want to out freak the normal man. Expand
  8. DavidH.
    Nov 10, 2001
    weak
  9. Apr 21, 2015
    Ardent Butthole puritans will no doubt be a little disappointed with this effort. A somewhat commercial attempt in reclaiming their former glory, all be it an unsuccessful one! There are a few numbers that try and hold the album together but it isn't enough. A relatively weak album by their own standards.

1. A typical morass of computerized beat science, vague exoticism, and singer Gibby Haynes' crackpot mantras... [7 Sep 2001, p.164]
  2. The Butthole Surfers have finally become shocking only in their sheer banality, like a watered-down mix of the worst Beck and Perry Farrell material you can imagine.
  3. Weird Revolution sounds dated and quaint, both in its "Pepper" rehashes ("Dracula From Houston," "The Shame Of Life") and in its halfhearted attempts at caustic shock ("Shit Like That") and misfit mission statements ("The Weird Revolution").