When the Sun Goes Down

7.2

Review this album

1. May 16, 2016
    Olha, esse álbum é até legal mas não é bom não. Ele tem duas faixas muito boas, que são "Love Me Like a Love Song" e "Who Says" e umas três razoáveis, mas a maior parte é bem mediano, passível. Dou um destaque negativo pra três faixas, que são "Bang Bang Bang", "That's More Like It" e "Middle Of Nowhere", dando ênfase maior as duas últimas, que parecem demo mal feita da Xuxa.
  2. Dec 17, 2014
    Another good album to listen to Selena, is on a par with the Stars Dance, it needs to improve in quality music and this album needed to improve his vocals too.
    Highlights: We Own The Night and That's More Like It
    Lows: Outlaw and Middle Nowhere
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    I expected a better album. The songs are fairly repetitive but I couldn't find a lot of songs that had that 'wow' factor and were meaningful. The best song on the track would probably be 'Who Says' - it is quite different to the other songs, using acoustic elements, and it portrays a simple yet effective message. The other songs; however, I found quite lifeless and meaningless. Her voiceI expected a better album. The songs are fairly repetitive but I couldn't find a lot of songs that had that 'wow' factor and were meaningful. The best song on the track would probably be 'Who Says' - it is quite different to the other songs, using acoustic elements, and it portrays a simple yet effective message. The other songs; however, I found quite lifeless and meaningless. Her voice is nice, but she needs to work on her vocals. Overall, though, it is definitely an album that everyone should take a look at. I would like to see some songs in the future written by her do have a more original feel. Collapse
  4. Oct 30, 2011
    Its straightforward that doesn't reinvent Gomez's sound (or assure that The Scene are actually a band) and each song sounds like another with that same Euro-beat and synthesizers. But when it comes to production and replay value, the songs are magnetic, danceable, and beautifully sang. The first track, "Love You Like a Love Song", starts with a dubstep-influenced Euro-beat and ends with aIts straightforward that doesn't reinvent Gomez's sound (or assure that The Scene are actually a band) and each song sounds like another with that same Euro-beat and synthesizers. But when it comes to production and replay value, the songs are magnetic, danceable, and beautifully sang. The first track, "Love You Like a Love Song", starts with a dubstep-influenced Euro-beat and ends with a seductive, unlayered vocal. "Who Says" and "We Own the Night" are straightforward pop songs that mostly use acoustic instruments. "Whiplash" was originally written for Britney Spears' 2007 album Blackout and is the maturest of the bunch. It uses chunky, churning synthesizers and seductive lyrics that reassure it was in fact written by Spears. Gomez also practices her faux-English throughout the song. The best track is "Outlaw", a Western-influenced dance-pop song with a gentle vibe that makes references to cowboys, criminals, and even Gomez's home state. Expand
  5. Feb 3, 2012
    Great album i really like selena's voice and her style. but it wasnt as good as A Year Without Rain. But i still love this album i bought it and i still listen to it even though im a guy.

1. Sep 9, 2011
    On When the Sun Goes Down you get a teenybopper posing as a dorm-hardened college junior, and we all know how convincingly that scenario plays.
  2. Aug 4, 2011
    Throughout this dance-pop album there's a catch in her throat that suggests an embryonic personality.
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    Gomez may be the most boring teen-pop star of her generation. She makes Ashley Tisdale seem like Lady Gaga.