8.1

Review this album

1. Sep 11, 2010
    The harmony in a lot of the songs is sort of sad. The use of minor chords create this atmosphere of sad ,yet catchy. a lot of these songs you'll end up singing in your car or something, but the album is missing a climax i didn't hear a song that really made me go "WOW" just kind of bland.
  2. Nov 26, 2011
    Mark Hoppus should have taken a break during the hiatus rather start his own band, I found 2 of the songs from the album fun and amusing but the rest is mediocre and lame, don't get me wrong Mark Hoppus songs in Blink 182 are far more superior than this entire album. Some bad decisions in choosing band members, bringing Travis along was a smart move but adding the girl was a super bad ideaMark Hoppus should have taken a break during the hiatus rather start his own band, I found 2 of the songs from the album fun and amusing but the rest is mediocre and lame, don't get me wrong Mark Hoppus songs in Blink 182 are far more superior than this entire album. Some bad decisions in choosing band members, bringing Travis along was a smart move but adding the girl was a super bad idea it made the album really annoying. Mark hoppus definitively seen better days Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2012
    Such a dry album that needs a boost, the lyrics are bland and mediocre, the whole theme of the album just wants to make you punch somebody in the nose, it just bores you and annoys you at the same time, Mark Hoppus should have totally stayed out of the music scene, so sad because he had amazing songs when he was with Blink.
  4. Oct 25, 2012
    This really is one of the best albums I've ever heard! blink-182 took big steps forward with every album they made (not meaning that the music got better 'cause of this), but the step that happened here is unbelievable! Great lyrics, awesome guitar and drum riffs, every single song for itself is rememberable. I would love to hear another album from this great formation; I like this workThis really is one of the best albums I've ever heard! blink-182 took big steps forward with every album they made (not meaning that the music got better 'cause of this), but the step that happened here is unbelievable! Great lyrics, awesome guitar and drum riffs, every single song for itself is rememberable. I would love to hear another album from this great formation; I like this work much better than anything blink-182 has ever done (including 'Neighborhoods'). Expand
  5. Jan 17, 2013
    Listening to this album was tiresome since it came out. I freaking love it, but I always wondered why I ended up being tired after it finished. I discovered I had a problem with a lot of the songs, and even those I liked were not suitable for everyone. This album has its good part, 155, Little Death, Lycanthrope, Cliff Diving. The rest is cheesy combination of pop-punk with teen-ishListening to this album was tiresome since it came out. I freaking love it, but I always wondered why I ended up being tired after it finished. I discovered I had a problem with a lot of the songs, and even those I liked were not suitable for everyone. This album has its good part, 155, Little Death, Lycanthrope, Cliff Diving. The rest is cheesy combination of pop-punk with teen-ish lyrics, which could have been a good thing if Blink182 had been present. But no, it looked as if they tried to make a kinda-dark album, and the result was, in my opinion, not very good.
    As I said, it's got a few good songs, I really enjoy half the album, that's why I give it a 5/10.

1. Even with its flaws, When Your Heart Stops Beating possesses a surprising vulnerability, which gives the album an understated strength and makes it such an enjoyable listen.
  2. Songs like "Baby Come On" and the spooky "Little Death" show the musicians finally delivering the substance that was promised on Blink 182's self-titled 2003 release.
    blink-182 without the humor.