Wild Flag - Wild Flag
8.3

Review this album

1. Sep 16, 2011
    I've been a follower of Mary Timony since her beginning, also Sleater-Kinney from their beginning. I know Mary and Carrie have worked together before, but I was real excited to find out Janet Weiss was going to be in there also. She's the best female drummer...hands down. I flipped out when I found out this CD was coming out and I wasn't disappointed. I clapped and yelled "bravo" aloudI've been a follower of Mary Timony since her beginning, also Sleater-Kinney from their beginning. I know Mary and Carrie have worked together before, but I was real excited to find out Janet Weiss was going to be in there also. She's the best female drummer...hands down. I flipped out when I found out this CD was coming out and I wasn't disappointed. I clapped and yelled "bravo" aloud when it finished playing on my iPod. The only reason I gave it a "9" is so they will keep on pushing to new heights. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2011
    Uhh Uhh Ohh Ohh !!! That's for the all girls band out there creating some claps claps and Ou Hoo with some approximative guitar riffs and some punk mixed drumming for our OMG pleasures sure WTF!!!

1. Dec 22, 2011
    Alongside the adolescent energy, they also give vent to decidedly adult passions. [Nov 2011, p.93]
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Wild Flag isn't just an exciting debut and one of 2011's most dynamic rock records, it proves that a group is truly super when the personalities involved work together and have fun.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    With the right proportion of leadership and lawlessness, Wild Flag sounds like liberation. Long may they wave. [#81 p. 52]