Wild Hunt - The Tallest Man on Earth
9.3

Review this album

1. Apr 11, 2012
    I can't stop listening to this album, nor can I stop listening to "Shallow Grave". Both are fantastic records. Each track is sung with brutal honesty and passion. I can't get enough of The Tallest Man On Earth. I highly recommend this album. A
  2. Oct 12, 2011
    Mattson is a wordsmith. Plain and simple. There is not a line on this album that doesn't have a deeper meaning. His gravelly, Bob Dylan-esque voice puts a form of energy not found in most of today's folk. When Bob Dylan finally decides to retire the guitar, Mattson wil be ready to steal the spotlight.
  3. Mar 6, 2011
    His raw voice may turn a few away, but it is this same raw energy that makes his music so appealing. There are a few mechanical issues here and there, but it is an amazing piece of work.
  4. Jan 11, 2011
    I am almost convinced that this guy cannot write a bad tune. His haggard, weather beaten voice might be off putting to some, but it adds an interesting dimension to his music, and you grow to love it. If you like folk music this album is ideal.

1. While his vocal style is not for everyone, Matsson is an imaginative songwriter whose songs deserve your attention.
  2. The Wild Hunt is a heady and enthralling work, its impressionistic nature bolstered by levels of charm and confidence found all too rarely in these modern times.
    While his latest may not be as triumphant as his debut LP, Shallow Grave, The Wild Hunt is a worthy effort indeed.