Wit's End - Cass McCombs
7.8

Review this album

1. Apr 27, 2011
    Lovely and quiet album with some intricate songs. Some people will miss a few upbeat tracks, but imho they would ruin the atmosphere of the album. I'll be listening this one for a long time.
  2. May 1, 2011
    Wit's End is a great record although it doesn't hold any tracks that Catacombs did have, the tracks that jump right off the headphones to you. "County Line" comes close but it is certainly no "Don't Vote" or "You Saved My Life". Besides that however, McCombs has made the best record of his career and at this point, I think he's successfully proven that now with this assortment of songs, he's simply making his music and you can't really compare him to anyone else anymore. I'm not so sure that could be said before Wit's End. Expand

1. Sep 6, 2011
    All of Cass McCombs' deliberate ambiguities add up to a beguiling character worth shouting about, even if he's not willing to do it himself. Give this album a spin and join its gently strident fan base.
  2. Jul 21, 2011
    Despite the album title, there's an undercurrent of humour in these songs of loneliness, betrayal and death.
  3. May 17, 2011
    Far from the title's implied despair, Wit's End sounds more like home, sweet home. [May 2011, p.111]