Wolf - Tyler, The Creator
8.4

Review this album

1. Nov 12, 2013
    Wolf shows that even the dirtiest rappers can evolve. The subject matter has changed here. Tyler is talking more about his personal life rather than his rape and murder fantasies. Production wise, it is really good especially "Rusty". This album is awesome.
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    Working out the kinks from Goblin while stepping up his game big time. There's not anything here that's "Yonkers" good, at least I'm not sure that there is, but as a whole, this is a tight, solid collection of songs.
  3. Apr 2, 2013
    I like it. A lot. It's as strong as Goblin... but in another way completely. I sense a maturity and patience in WOLF.
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    To be blunt; it's a really great album. A lot more focused and less 'juvenile bratty' than Goblin was. The lyrical content is much more personal and engaging, and the production is retro but extremely refreshing. Tyler continues to be enigmatic and enthralling. Standouts: 48, Domo23, IFHY, Rusty.
  5. Apr 6, 2013
    It is clear that Tyler is maturing through his efforts into one of hip hops best new artists. This album showcases his anger in form of lyrical dexterity. Along with his fellow odd future cohorts he delivers an amazing album. Good tracks are domo23 slater and awkward
  6. Apr 2, 2013
    This is Tyler’s most mature effort yet, he learned how to channel the anger to create music, the music itself is actually a focus here, and everything is intelligently done. There are also six very standout tracks, but no song is bad. Therefore this becomes one of the best albums I’ve heard in a long time, and honestly the most surprising. I never saw a day when Tyler, the Creator would earn five stars, let alone blow me away with the music as he did here.

Full Review here: http://ranterreviews.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/tyler-the-creator-wolf/
  7. Apr 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This album is the best album from Tyler yet, with the most catchy beats like, "Jamba" and crazy lyrics from "Trash Wang", and an overall dark setting like the usual Tyler the Creator. This album however is not all about, "F#@$in B#@$%es and Suicide" like Goblin, but tends to be more like Tyler's first album, "Bastard", and delves through the mind of an innocent teenager living through a disgusting society. Overall, Swag.. swag... swag.. SWAG... SWAG. SWAG GOLFWAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  8. Apr 3, 2013
    wolf is amazing, i really liked bastard and goblin but this album is my favourite now, tracks like answer and awkward really got to me, is really a album you can relate to.
  9. Apr 2, 2013
    Tyler the Creator really stepped up his game to the next level lyrically and production. He tackles some difficult topics such as his rise to fame, not knowing his father, heartbreak and the death of his grandmother. His maturity as an artist is clear.
  10. Apr 5, 2013
    Much better than Goblin and just as good as Bastard, in my opinion...Great album overall (best songs for me are Rusty, Bimmer, Akward and Treehome95).
  11. Apr 2, 2013
    This has to be Tyler's best work since Bastard. He's matured a lot and on this album it feels like he changed his style, but it also feels like it's the same Tyler. He doesn't have all the rape and satanic lyrics, but it's still dark. This album has way more meaning and was more lyrical than Goblin. For the most part, the album has a more serious tone and the stories he tells throughout the album is amazing. This is the best album I've heard so far this year and I advise anyone who thought Tyler's old lyrics were too much for them to try out this album. Expand
  12. Jan 1, 2014
    This album is perfect. Tyler has finally matured and found the perfect mix between his usual self that we have seen on Goblin and Bastard and his new self that we see here on Wolf.
  13. Apr 2, 2013
    Lighter than Goblin, yes, but the concept is pulled off, and the production shines above and beyond anything else he's done. Tyler's rapping is at his absolute best, too (Rusty, Cowboy, Lone).
  14. Apr 2, 2013
    He went from bastard, to goblin to this. This album is better than goblin. And he spits some lyrics this time around. Its worth picking up! THhs album also has some go crazy stuff which will make you wanna hit some back flips lol
  15. Apr 2, 2013
    I think this albums is his best album to me personally. He has matured from Goblin a lot. He stated that, cutting bodies up and raping didn't interest anymore. With this album you get a personal track like "Answer" then you have your having fun go stupid song like "Domo 23" and then you have my favorite which is "Rusty" where he just goes off. His lyrics have gotten way better since Goblin. The production on this album is great!! SO FAR this is the best hip-hop album of 2013. SO FAR!!!! Expand
  16. Apr 14, 2013
    Great album, the only negative I have is some of the songs sound like "filler", like they don't really belong there, better then goblin, not sure if it's better then bastard, they have a totally different sound, it feels like comparing a taco bell to burger king, it's a matter of opinion and mine isn't totally formed yet, however, this might be Tyler's best project so far...
  17. Apr 2, 2013
    Tyler, The Creator finally drops his third anticipated album, and in it contains musical growth from all aspects that most hip-hop fans can enjoy. This concept album strays a little off from the previous story line of his last two tapes and leaves you with a cliffhanger that excites you for his future releases. Everything is tuned and improved from lyrics to production, and each track has a different type of experience to provide. Tyler The Creator's new musical piece just could be his best one yet. Expand
  18. Apr 2, 2013
    This album can only be summed up in one way. Tyler has matured. The themes and sounds on this record are much more mature than those on his previous two records. The beats are brilliant and the features are also spot on. However there is a problem. As Tyler himself tweeted, this record has to be listened to in full when you are out and about. It's the kind of record that accompanies your everyday jobs. When you listen to the album like this you discover that whilst this may not have the hits the 'Goblin' did, this is a much better record. Expand
  19. Apr 23, 2014
    This may be a little late, but the fact that I have listened to it since it released shows something. This has to be my favorite rap album of all time. It saved my life, and I cannot give an album a greater title
  20. Nov 16, 2013
    One thing Tyler presents to us in Wolf is that he has finally matured, alot.

No longer is he talking about rape, no longer do his beats feel thrown together but instead feel like hes put in everything he has got to show.

I love this LP for its catchy instrumentals, brilliant ideas, funny but deep lyrics and its overall consistency.

1. Jun 26, 2013
    It's complex, conflicted, and bipolar. Paranoid, even. Most of all, it reveals the harmless and empathetic character behind Tyler, the Creator's complicated persona.
  2. Apr 24, 2013
    He just keeps getting better at writhing around in this narrow space of homage and usually lands somewhere just between endearing and brilliant. [May 2013, p.67]
  3. Apr 17, 2013
    Wolf’s production features a more textured and subtle sound than we’ve ever heard before.