8.7

Review this album

1. Oct 13, 2014
    Guys, calm down. WAP is not the masterpiece everyone says it is. The first two tracks, being Lisztomania and 1901 are awesome, but the rest are just standard, relatively uninteresting, and poorly executed pop songs. This is just average.
  2. Aug 5, 2014
    Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is Phoenix's best album and my personal favourite.
    It's sweet and soft, with catchy hooks and great melodies. The sound is incredibly accurate, precise, crafted lovingly. There's no bad tracks here, every song deserves its place on the tracklist.
    It's an insightful, emotional and unique record.
  3. Apr 25, 2012
    Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a peppy albums with upbeat tracks like "1901" and "Armistice". However, I find that the songs lack the complexity to really remain interesting over dozens of hearings. They're great the first couple of times through, but they lose their charm later.
  4. Jul 14, 2011
    Fantastic album; lives up to all the hype it received. There is not a bad track on it, and it such a dramatic evolution of Phoenix's previous work that it is hard to believe the same band made this and crappy Euro-pop albums like United.
  5. Jun 27, 2011
    Beautifully constructed, addictive, and just good, wholesome fun! This album is a blast from start to finish. Despite only having 9 songs, this album delivers! With many catchy songs that I guarantee will stay in your head, this is a must-hear. The simplicity of this album is one key factor to why it is such an enjoyable album. The must-hear songs on this album if you don't intend to buyBeautifully constructed, addictive, and just good, wholesome fun! This album is a blast from start to finish. Despite only having 9 songs, this album delivers! With many catchy songs that I guarantee will stay in your head, this is a must-hear. The simplicity of this album is one key factor to why it is such an enjoyable album. The must-hear songs on this album if you don't intend to buy it (which you should!) are "Lisztomania", "1901", "Love Like A Sunset", "Countdown (Sick For The Big Sun)", and "Armistice". Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2011
    I fell in love with this album the very first time I heard it. I usually have to listen to albums a few times before I actually appreciate it but with this one, I instantly found a connection. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a brilliant album. Each track sounds like a single. It's produced very well and the whole album is catchy. Thomas Mars is a brilliant lyricists and a beautiful singer. HisI fell in love with this album the very first time I heard it. I usually have to listen to albums a few times before I actually appreciate it but with this one, I instantly found a connection. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a brilliant album. Each track sounds like a single. It's produced very well and the whole album is catchy. Thomas Mars is a brilliant lyricists and a beautiful singer. His lyrics are poetry and very subtle on the ears. It's just a wonderful listen. All In All, Phoenix has created a masterpiece. A Expand
  7. Aug 19, 2010
    Phoenix has masterfully created an artistic and insightful album.

1. It’s an approximation of what perfection might mean, which is: precise, lean, deliberate. There’s not a wasted moment here, and not one moment overstays it’s welcome, which from a bunch of aristocrats (I get) is pretty frickin’ rich.
  2. Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a slender, fat-free affair, all Gallic swerve and subtle swagger. This may well be the album to broaden their fan-base wider then the fashionable glitterati.
  3. The real star of the show isn’t the often-bloodless figure of Thomas Mars, it’s the brilliantly detailed production, centred around the dovetailing drum and guitar chops, best heard via headphones for the full stroboscopic effect.