Worship Music - Anthrax
8.3

Review this album

1. Oct 9, 2011
    To me this sounds like a mixture of Persistence of Time and Sound of White Noise, coupled with todays punchy production techniques. It sounds crisp and chunky, and retains the feel of an Anthrax album but with a modern edge. Plenty of catchy tracks and huge sounding guitars and drums make this a standout album for me and something I didn't expect to enjoy so much!
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    Their Best album since Persistence of time.Joey sounds better than ever,Charlie benante is a drumming machine,and the riffs are killer.This is the comeback album of the year,hands-down.Great old-school metal.If you're a fan of any Anthrax album pre-sound of white noise(before John Bush),You're going to love this.ANTHRAX IS BACK!!!!
  3. Oct 8, 2011
    So, if you're like me, you were a little disappointed when you heard Belladonna was back for this record. I happened to really like the John Bush stuff, with the possible exception of Stomp 442 - his voice was perfect for the band. It seems to me that most people who get excited about "original lineup" are usually stuck in the past and won't like any new direction, regardless of how good it is. That said, this album was a pleasant surprise. I cringed a bit when I first heard Belladona's vocals, thinking this was going to be a limp nostalgia attempt. After about 50 listens all the way through, I actually couldn't imagine the album with Bush singing - or anyone else for that matter. Belladonna either can't or chooses not to hit the high notes any more, and the end result has more texture to it. The guitars are solid and heavy, with a handful of sick riffs [the opening of "The Constant" is positively Pantera-esque]. I still believe Charlie Benante to be the best drummer alive, so you know what you're getting there. Even the two brief instrumental "hymn" tracks work well - as a sort of audio sorbet to clean your palate for the next serving of heavy. Only the lumbering "Crawl" is regularly skipped, and "The Devil You Know" and "The Giant" are instant classics. Overall, a very strong album and a reason to think there's even better things coming. Expand

1. Oct 25, 2011
    They are creative and explorative, restless and even daring. For the most part, though, these days they're also not that good. [Sep 2011, p.50]
  2. Sep 29, 2011
    Worship Music isn't the glorious comeback album that everyone was hoping for. However, it is still a very good album with signs of positive movement for the band.
  3. Sep 26, 2011
    It may just be Anthrax's most consistent material since Among The Living in 1987.