Yeezus - Kanye West
7.6

Review this album

1. Jun 18, 2013
    Yeezus proves to be a raw, visceral, and brash album that takes its place in Kanye's discography as one of his best. Kanye uses some of his most interesting samples yet in creating this mechanical-esque masterpiece.
  2. Jun 18, 2013
    Innovation in hip hop amazing album do not listen to the haters they are just late comers and are gonna love it in the end! this album changes everything you thought you knew hip hop it will blow your mind.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    Yeezus.
    Yeezus.
    This album obviously isn't for the faint of heart, or those who enjoyed the vast orchestras of MBDTF. Kanye West takes a hard left in his music career to a minimalist-based but hard driven music style. This album is like 808's and Heartbreak meets Random Access Memories(Daft Punk) with a dash of Toxicity(System of a Down). Yeezus isn't for everyone, but if it is for you, it will fulfill every single one of your music dreams.
    Track Ratings:
    On Site 7/10( Far too much energy, but respectable seeing where the album comes from), Black Skinhead 10/10, I am a God 9/10, New Slaves 10/10, Hold my Liquor 10/10(Potential Single), Im in it 9/10, Blood on the Leaves 10/10, Guilt Trip 9.5/10, Send it Up 10/10(Definite Dance Track), Bound 2 10/10(College Dropout 2 Anyone?)
  4. Jun 19, 2013
    Yeezy has done it again and like all his previous albums its something totally different than the others.... The music production is exceptional his lyrics darker than ever. Kanye West always pours his heart and effort into each album and this was no exception and in this one Kanye is at his best creativity efforts lyrical, musical and promotion wise. This album although is a great pieceYeezy has done it again and like all his previous albums its something totally different than the others.... The music production is exceptional his lyrics darker than ever. Kanye West always pours his heart and effort into each album and this was no exception and in this one Kanye is at his best creativity efforts lyrical, musical and promotion wise. This album although is a great piece of work isnt as good as MBDTW but still a Kanye album is a Kanye album. I just dont get all the ignorant haters.... Expand
  5. Jun 20, 2013
    I honestly think this album goes right over people's heads............................................................................................
  6. Dec 24, 2013
    chaotic and dying, unlike anything ever done by him, from the beats to the lyrics all remente something new and shows the way the future of music. Kanye rose on the musical term with this album
  7. Jul 21, 2013
    If there's one thing this proves, it's that he's learned from Watch The Throne. Kanye's joint effort with Jay-Z tried to be bigger than it was capable of at times, and while it was a solid effort, stripping it down for a more raw sound on Yeezus has paid off. This is as innovative as any rap album has ever been.
  8. Jul 18, 2013
    This album is incredible. Kanye will never top it. He's one of the biggest artists in the world and has made an album that could have been made on some indie Chicago label. In saying that, the production quality on the album is phenomenal. Kanye has managed to make a record that is unmistakably his own despite being outnumbered hugely by collaborators. I honestly cannot think of anotherThis album is incredible. Kanye will never top it. He's one of the biggest artists in the world and has made an album that could have been made on some indie Chicago label. In saying that, the production quality on the album is phenomenal. Kanye has managed to make a record that is unmistakably his own despite being outnumbered hugely by collaborators. I honestly cannot think of another album I've devoted more time to, and that's its defining quality.

It has to be noted that this is the record that most effectively parodies the #madrichalert culture that has produced so much appalling radio friendly hip-hop. He may or may not be slightly serious in thinking that he's a god, but he's got the greatest claim to be and he seems to be the only rapper around that doesn't care despite that. This has to be the perfect record to define everything that's good about music right now because of that.
  9. Jun 19, 2013
    This album is amazing except for the first song, which starts the entire ordeal on a sour note. However, by the time "Hold my liquor" is reached, the album has reached it's epitome, and ending the album on "Bound 2" was hands down an excellent choice. Perfect.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    Anyone who expects this album to be as good or better than MBDTF is obviously going to be disappointed. But anyone who says this isnt anything knew is obviously lying. It takes production elements from all his previous albums and mixes them together in just 40 minutes. Although the lyrics might not be as good as what we have come to expect from 'Ye they are still better than pretty muchAnyone who expects this album to be as good or better than MBDTF is obviously going to be disappointed. But anyone who says this isnt anything knew is obviously lying. It takes production elements from all his previous albums and mixes them together in just 40 minutes. Although the lyrics might not be as good as what we have come to expect from 'Ye they are still better than pretty much every other artist alive today and he does tackle some serious themes throughout the recording. This album isn't an easy listen and it wont click the first time you hear it, it takes perseverance and time to start to like this album, but after a few listens you will really start to see the genius of 'Yeezus'. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2013
    This album is a masterpiece. I don't know why people have stated that they dislike this album, they must not know what good music is. Every song is amazing and the incorporation of rap, drill house, and dance-hall make this album better than born sinner and Magna Carta Holy Grail 10 times over.
  12. Jul 7, 2013
    His most game-changing and misunderstood album since 808's and Heartbreak. It will take the rap game at least another 10 years to catch up to this one.
  13. Jul 8, 2013
    At first listen, you might find this album terrible because it is so different from past albums. After listening to it 3 or 4 times, you'll start to realize how unique and brilliant this album is. Out of the 10 songs, I really like 5 of them. That is a high amount for any album. The five songs I don't like as much, I can still appreciate how unique sounding they are. In a world whereAt first listen, you might find this album terrible because it is so different from past albums. After listening to it 3 or 4 times, you'll start to realize how unique and brilliant this album is. Out of the 10 songs, I really like 5 of them. That is a high amount for any album. The five songs I don't like as much, I can still appreciate how unique sounding they are. In a world where rappers copy each other and use the same instrument choices and drum beats in multiple songs, Kanye West is in a league of his own. No one is close to creating as unique and new sounds as he is. Give this album a few listens completely through and you'll see how good it truly is. Expand
  14. Jul 14, 2013
    I was tempted to give Kanye a "1" for releasing a new album while I am supposed to be studying for the bar. But after repeated listening, I just cant do it. This album is simply freaking brilliant, might be even better than his last. As usual Kanye exhibits his brilliant sampling skills, beats and backing music are sick, use of autotune that actually doesn't make me want to shoot myselfI was tempted to give Kanye a "1" for releasing a new album while I am supposed to be studying for the bar. But after repeated listening, I just cant do it. This album is simply freaking brilliant, might be even better than his last. As usual Kanye exhibits his brilliant sampling skills, beats and backing music are sick, use of autotune that actually doesn't make me want to shoot myself in the ear. And of course, his unparalleled flow, clever as hell rhymes sprinkled throughout, and language-invention skills (he's taken us from "safe-belt" to "pregnanated". Kanye, you are a brilliant goddamn bastard. Oh, and stay away from my wife. Expand
  15. Jul 31, 2013
    This album is a masterpiece rivaled only by the best songs of each of his albums. The production is near flawless, and lyrically Kanye manages to pack depth and social commentary into some lines, humor and raunchy imagery into others. 5 years down the road from now, people may even consider this his best album.
  16. Aug 8, 2013
    At first glance the album seems like a shoddily put together mishmash of kanye west trade mark hyper sexuality and narcisim but as we evaluate the whole, in a deeper context it is truly a brilliant commentary on the rap industry as a whole. It is both a well executed self parody and an amaze feet of originality, defying the very conventions that would black list any lesser artist almostAt first glance the album seems like a shoddily put together mishmash of kanye west trade mark hyper sexuality and narcisim but as we evaluate the whole, in a deeper context it is truly a brilliant commentary on the rap industry as a whole. It is both a well executed self parody and an amaze feet of originality, defying the very conventions that would black list any lesser artist almost immediately. In summary, this album is the absolute and unabashed truth, all bow down to yezzus Expand
  17. Jan 17, 2014
    I love the album. Its dark, grimy, and most of all creative. I also understand its probably not for everyone, but at least its elicits a response unlike most music that comes out today. Tracks no one can deny include Blood On The Leaves, New Slaves, and Bound 2. Tracks people waver on include On Sight, Hold My Liquor, Im a God. The only track I don't really "get" is On Sight, I likeI love the album. Its dark, grimy, and most of all creative. I also understand its probably not for everyone, but at least its elicits a response unlike most music that comes out today. Tracks no one can deny include Blood On The Leaves, New Slaves, and Bound 2. Tracks people waver on include On Sight, Hold My Liquor, Im a God. The only track I don't really "get" is On Sight, I like or love every other track. Expand
  18. Jan 29, 2014
    It's hard to call Yeezus Kanye's most inventive work, because literally every album he has released was extremely creative in its own time. What I can say is that Yeezus is the only rap album this year that I've heard where it genuinely caught me off-guard. There were multiple moments throughout the album where I said out loud "he can't do that... you can't do that, right?" But he did it.It's hard to call Yeezus Kanye's most inventive work, because literally every album he has released was extremely creative in its own time. What I can say is that Yeezus is the only rap album this year that I've heard where it genuinely caught me off-guard. There were multiple moments throughout the album where I said out loud "he can't do that... you can't do that, right?" But he did it. He would switch from one sample to the next, different tempo, no supporting beat, and then he would jump right back in to his flow with a new beat and sample behind himself.
    One of Kanye's trademarks is his repetitious use of sampling. Each song is incredibly unique, from the primal, angry satire of Kanye backed with a huge drumline and Tarzan-ish screaming in Black Skinhead, to the industrial, heavily distorted opener On Sight. Bound 2 and Hold My Liquor were standout tracks for originality, although Blood on the Leaves and New Slaves were more recognized and also very inventive in their own right.
    Nothing is in this album that doesn't belong in there, and that's a rare thing to say in the age of digital music recording. He went through ridiculous amounts of modifying, mixing, re-writing, and post-production over the course of this album, ultimately ending with the hiring of Rick Rubin the "reducer" less than three weeks before the album was due, to help over-see the final, drastic changes to the album.
    This album gets a 9.5, but I am going to round down to a 9 because there were some lyrical moments that were distastefully sexual and not even in a clever way. If that album were without the track I'm In It, I might round up to a 10. Still, Kanye's style and artisanship are still leagues ahead of most rappers in the game today, and this album deserves a listen from anyone who claims to be tired of the "same old same old."
  19. Nov 16, 2014
    Undoubtedly my initial reaction to Yeezus was pretty mixed. For someone who doesn't listen to industrial or grind music, the entire album's sound is alienating and offputting, especially in comparison to the artist's earlier albums. The lyrics are also repulsive and completely acerbic to say the least, and his obession with his dick seems to take center stage for lyrical themes.
    Despite
    Despite this, mostly because of the last two songs on the album, Send it Up which is hilarious and Bound 2, my personal vote for most beautiful song of 2013 I found myself returning to the album and with each listen finding something else that was interesting or striking. Now it is my favorite album of the year.
  20. Mar 12, 2014
    The album is an angry, muddled, ignorant, slapped-together heap of vulgar expression that works better than anyone else in music could've done. It's an album so angrily sure of itself it'll have you convinced that a man worth 100 million dollars faces oppression comparable to that of a slave.
  21. Jun 18, 2013
    Greatest Kanye album of all time... OF ALL TIME. I mean no homo bruh bruh but I luh dis so much Imma play it at my wedding NO HOMO but for my ladies that's some real HEHE
  22. Jun 18, 2013
    An incredible album. Truly. Great production, entertaining and provocative lyrics. Cemented classic by Pitchfork (9.5). This is the opposite of J Coal's audio nyquil.
  23. Jun 18, 2013
    The most highly anticipated album of the year, Yeezus, by Kanye West has finally been unleashed and it’s ready to invade your ear drums.
    Opening the album is the ultramodern banger, ‘On Sight’ which was produced by Daft Punk. The track is driven by a menacing, fuzzy synth that is backed by some intensely abrasive drums. This track is one of many on the album that bring back the Acid House sound that was started in Chicago in the ’80s. ‘On Sight’ particularly is reminiscent of one of the first in the genre of Chicago House, ‘Acid Tracks,’ by Phuture and has Kanye dancing all over the track like a savage beast. “Yeezy season’s approaching,” Kanye raps. “..The monster’s about to come alive again.” Following, is the recalcitrant and near-tribal track ‘Black Skinhead’, that threads between both Ye’s traditional boastering of anti-establishment and anti-racism themes. “For my theme song” Kanye raps at the start of the Daft Punk produced track similar to his line “I guess every superhero need his theme music” on ‘Power’, the first single to his 2010 project My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Perhaps “Black Skinhead” is supposed to pick up where ‘Power’ left off, delineating the aftermath and hangover of a power trip. The metaphor could be stretched even further to foster the idea of Kanye having some sort of allegorical attraction to the DC superhero Batman. Being a “dark knight” or being seen as a vigilante or bad guy, when only trying to do good. Kanye has been showing up to recent performances wearing masks and elaborate costumes going on about how he “isn’t a celebrity.” He is the hero for music and culture in a similar way Batman is a hero for Gotham City. The media may claim the perspective of both as something that should encourage hate, they are “The hero the city deserves, but not the one it needs right now.” At track number three is the highly controversial ‘I Am a God’ which has Kanye basking in all the negativity he’s experienced the hate received for everything from his music to his fashion and proclaims himself to be a God over a barrage of synths, howls and bass. Kanye won’t stop until another god decides to strike him down.

Keep Reading http://dopedrops.com/2013/06/kanye-west-yeezus-review/
  24. Jun 18, 2013
    About 5 listens deep and I'm still amazed by this collection of music. Looking at the producer list it's no wonder this has the flavor it does. But where are those bonus tracks?
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    Completely on par with Kanye's magnum opus: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy; but with a completely different outlook on production and lyricism. Everything sounds and feels cleaner, sort of like a silver razor.
  26. Jun 18, 2013
    This album isn't a 10/10, but I'm giving it a 10, purely to balance out the absurd 0/1 out of 10 scores from people who can't appreciate music.

The production is twisted, choppy, dark & experimental but it works. Sure Kanye drops some corny lines (e.g. the "sweet and sour sauce" line & the "croissants" line) but he's always been a musician first, rapper second so that's forgivable.

Bottom line, no mainstream artist expresses himself as freely/as uniquely as Kanye West does. Good artists have a tendency to stick to a tried & tested formula which, after a while, becomes uninteresting, this is why so many musicians' best albums happen to be their debut album e.g. 50 Cent, Nas, Pharcyde, Eminem, The Strokes etc. The truly GREAT artists are the ones that can continue to bring something NEW to the table e.g. The Roots, OutKast, Radiohead, Pink Floyd Kanye West belongs in this list.

Love him or hate him, he's an innovator with balls, and that's something you very, very rarely find in mainstream music.
  27. Jun 18, 2013
    People need to listen. Listen. You will not like it, You will LOVE IT. It changes everything. Give it a second, third and fourth listen. I bet you that you will love it. Evolution. Every time. Good Job Kanye WeST.
  28. Jul 5, 2013
    "Yeezus" is one of the most innovative albums of all-time. It cannot even be classified as just "rap". Kanye West can now be considered as his own very genre. Songs like "Hold My Liquor" and "Blood On The Leaves" make you realize there's still hope for modern music yet. Not quite to the diversified level of his last solo album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", but an amazing album it's"Yeezus" is one of the most innovative albums of all-time. It cannot even be classified as just "rap". Kanye West can now be considered as his own very genre. Songs like "Hold My Liquor" and "Blood On The Leaves" make you realize there's still hope for modern music yet. Not quite to the diversified level of his last solo album, "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy", but an amazing album it's own right. Expand
  29. Jun 18, 2013
    Kanye's lyrics are both as lazy and as clever as ever, but the production is incredible. Occasionally repetitive flow, but Kanye's album gives me the same feeling as listening to "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Great album, and a new take and sound to his music.
  30. Nov 28, 2013
    To the ego of Kanye West, controversy is a virtue. Continually, pushing the boundaries of Hip-Hop as 'ranted' in his Zane Lowe interview/harangue 'Rap the new Rock 'n' Roll'.
    He teases any listener with statements 'I am a God' perhaps warranting an extensive reply of unconventional attention. Kanye does not make music for the fans of Radio Hip-Hop nor for the common easy going listener. And melodically, the album plays on the notions of dichotomy, from uncomfortable screechy synths to truly harmonious echoes of beauty. He is continually subverting a society in which typical every day norms are replaced by the 'Black Skinhead'. This prevalent undertone is unfortunately disguised by Kanye's array of misogynistic and perhaps unattractive verse.
    However, this album is alone, remarkably Kanye is attempting to catalyze a progression in music, 'again'. The original controversial reception of 80s & Heartbreaks has now morphed into an appreciation for what we hear every day. In this album Kanye West once again stamps on the fence surrounding our microcosm of normal music and he takes full credit for this. He is the square peg in a round hole.
  31. Jun 18, 2013
    This album is amazing! Kanye can't go wrong! Wow lost for words Amazing from start to finish & this is way better than all the June eighteen albums coming out.
  32. Jun 18, 2013
    Kanye West doesn’t give the listener a second to realize the album is more a masterly response to a masterpiece than a masterpiece itself. With one sweep of the hand, West brushes away expectations
  33. Oct 2, 2013
    Simplesmente genial! Melhor álbum do ano. Simplesmente genial! Melhor álbum do ano. Simplesmente genial! Melhor álbum do ano. Simplesmente genial! Melhor álbum do ano.
  34. Jun 18, 2013
    Kanye West must of lost something in the last 3 years but still manages to deliver a kick-ass album. Kanye West is definitely one of the more outspoken and lyrically talented rappers of this day and age, but i don't think this album is as World changing the "God" wanted. I mean this is expected, personally, i think it would be extremely hard to compete with his previous effort "MyKanye West must of lost something in the last 3 years but still manages to deliver a kick-ass album. Kanye West is definitely one of the more outspoken and lyrically talented rappers of this day and age, but i don't think this album is as World changing the "God" wanted. I mean this is expected, personally, i think it would be extremely hard to compete with his previous effort "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" but Kanye still knows how to deliver and hasn't lost his touch completely. What i do love about this album is i feel that Ye has connected back into his roots of The College Dropout while still using his overproduced beats that critics have fell in love with. Now, Yeezy is actually bringing back some rap and doing a good job mixing the two together. I hope for more efforts like this for the future ofr raps "God". Expand
  35. Jul 30, 2013
    Expect the unexpected. Open your mind. Free your mind of any prejudices. Be open and listen to the lyrics closely. Kanye is here to speak his mind in a very raw way. It's industrial in sound and very punchy in it's delivery. This isn't for the laid back listen. But it can be once you are used to it. It's different from his previous albums but there are familiar elements mixed in. KanyeExpect the unexpected. Open your mind. Free your mind of any prejudices. Be open and listen to the lyrics closely. Kanye is here to speak his mind in a very raw way. It's industrial in sound and very punchy in it's delivery. This isn't for the laid back listen. But it can be once you are used to it. It's different from his previous albums but there are familiar elements mixed in. Kanye West is still in top form here. The good far outweighs the bad. It's hardcore Kanye.....but spoken through....well....YEEZUS. Expand
  36. Jun 19, 2013
    "How much do I not give a f*ck?" Mr. West asks in On Sight, the first track of Yeezus. The answer is clear. The question is quickly followed with a familiar College Dropout sample sounding tune that goes on to say "He'll give us what we need It may not be what we want." Which, is the perfect way to describe what this album is. Not something we want(old Kanye), but something we need(New Kanye).
  37. Jul 22, 2013
    After the Picasso-art of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West reinvents itself again, with an album much more Hip-Hop and Minimal than MBDTF thet reminiscent in some ways Watch The Throne and 808s & Heartbreak. Songs like On Sight, Black Skinhead and Blood on the Leaves are examples of good and innovative production, that's right, the production that perhaps on this album is theAfter the Picasso-art of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West reinvents itself again, with an album much more Hip-Hop and Minimal than MBDTF thet reminiscent in some ways Watch The Throne and 808s & Heartbreak. Songs like On Sight, Black Skinhead and Blood on the Leaves are examples of good and innovative production, that's right, the production that perhaps on this album is the most innovative of the year with Daft Punk, No.ID, 88 Keys and Kanye same in the height of the form. In conclusion, Yeezus of abstract-art is an album of pure genius that we have never heard. A classic to remember for many, many years. Expand
  38. Jul 5, 2013
    This is the first time, I am reviewing a brand new album. I usually take some time to get used to an album but some albums are such that they stick with you even when you listen to them just once. After listening to this album nearly seven times now, I think I am in a position to review it properly. Basically its great!!

Yes, he is back with his 6th album. By this time as a fan I knew

Yes, he is back with his 6th album. By this time as a fan I knew that this album like all his other albums has to be different or break some trends and most likely set a few new trends. 3 years after creating arguably one of the greatest rap albums of all time. He is back again doing what he does best, defy the norms and he still refuses to make the rap albums that everybody else seems to make. Its only been 3 days since the album was released but I can say this with full conviction:

I took notice of this genius when I heard his second album: Late Registration. Shortly, its my favourite rap album of all time.

With this album, Kanye West de-constructs the rap/hip-hop conventions, chops them up and makes something that’s sonically akin to Massive Attack’s: “Mezzanine” than say, any of his other albums. He created his own genre twice before with “808s & Heartbreak” and “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” and this one is inventive and different in the same vein as these two albums.
  39. Jun 19, 2013
    I can see why people don't like this album...its very different. But Kanye is Kanye and he always does something different..I think this album will grow much more on the people who don't like it if they just take it for what it is. Great album imo.
  40. Jul 21, 2013
    Kanye does it again. Yeezus is a triumph of unparalleled musical imagination, created by the ultimate music nerd who thinks nothing of genres and styles and gleefuly mashes everything he wants like a mad alchemist, creating an unholy concoction that works even though it really shouldn't. Who else would even dare to have Bon Iver's Justin Vernon and Chicago drill poster boy Chief Keef singKanye does it again. Yeezus is a triumph of unparalleled musical imagination, created by the ultimate music nerd who thinks nothing of genres and styles and gleefuly mashes everything he wants like a mad alchemist, creating an unholy concoction that works even though it really shouldn't. Who else would even dare to have Bon Iver's Justin Vernon and Chicago drill poster boy Chief Keef sing on the same track? Who would imagine that you could mix TNGHT and Nina Simone? Who would slap a hefty chunk of a track by a 1970s Hungarian prog rock band at the end of his own composition and then sing all over it? Only Yeezus. Expand
  41. Jun 19, 2013
    Another classic from Kanye West. It's natural that some people don't like it; he's pushing the boundaries of hip-hop. You'll thank him in 10 years. An excellent album.
  42. Jul 27, 2013
    Yes, i'm a Kanye West fan but I had my doubts about this at first. I felt it was too derivative from Death Grips and Clipping.'s sound and that it was a bandwagoning attempt but I was half-wrong. Yes, he was attempting the sound but at the same time, he did something a bit difficult. He gave it a mainstream appeal! That's what I love about this album (or mixtape, since its short and isYes, i'm a Kanye West fan but I had my doubts about this at first. I felt it was too derivative from Death Grips and Clipping.'s sound and that it was a bandwagoning attempt but I was half-wrong. Yes, he was attempting the sound but at the same time, he did something a bit difficult. He gave it a mainstream appeal! That's what I love about this album (or mixtape, since its short and is structured like a mixtape). It's certainly no MBDTF or even Late Registration but this is up there with them Expand
  43. Nov 16, 2013
    Yeezus christ this album is dreadful. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past his peak
  44. Jan 2, 2015
    Amazing experimental hip-hop album by Kanye West. He is always showing us some new.

The beats are amazing.. the lyrics.. well.. sometimes it works.

AMAZING TRACKS:

- Guilt Trip

- BAD TRACKS:

- Send It Up
  45. Mar 2, 2015
    This album whether you like it or not has changed modern rap forever. I consider this to be the best album of my lifetime. Each song delivers a power packed/lyrically jaw-dropping experience. Kanye has moved in a bold new direction and he has done it in full force and achieved a classic. I hope he continues down this path for "So help me god"
  46. Mar 20, 2015
    This album... is pretty crazy, between the starting effect of "On Sight", or the bashing of the beat in "I Am A God", you feel like you're losing your mind. Yeezus is what happens when someone from a basement full of ideas, makes them into one. Kanye has always showed he can be the difference and the leader. Each song has a feel of ecstatic movement. I feel as if you can look at thisThis album... is pretty crazy, between the starting effect of "On Sight", or the bashing of the beat in "I Am A God", you feel like you're losing your mind. Yeezus is what happens when someone from a basement full of ideas, makes them into one. Kanye has always showed he can be the difference and the leader. Each song has a feel of ecstatic movement. I feel as if you can look at this album as a "Rap Album" or "Pop Album", nor am I trying to say it's a groundbreaking genre in itself. The album is minimalism at its finest, its a mash up of culture and experience. Expand

1. Dec 10, 2013
    His concerns are serious--consumerism, race, fame, relationships--but he rarely addresses them with the craft or focus they deserve. [Sep 2013, p.66]
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    Contradiction incarnate, Yeezus is Kanye's most Kanyeish LP yet. [Sep 2013, p.103]
  3. Aug 13, 2013
    Nasty, brutish, short, and wholly compelling, Yeezus begs only one question: where next? [Sep 2013, p.89]