You Are All I See - Active Child
8.9

Review this album

1. Aug 23, 2011
    So vastly unique and a real fresh take on bedroom pop. Even the weakest songs in the middle of the record have a certain air around them. What a fantastic album.
  2. Mar 12, 2012
    One of the best chillwave releases of the year; fantastic, ethereal vocals, elegant instrumentation and honest, soulful lyrics. There's a melancholic beauty that permeates the entire album which I'm really impressed by. I can't wait to see what Pat Grossi comes up with next.

1. May 31, 2012
    The glitchy future R&B of Playing House is evidence of Active Child's depth, but it's the emotional blood-letting of tracks like dark hymnal Way Too Fast which gives this record a gravitas most popular music never achieves. [Jan 2012, p.92]
  2. Dec 15, 2011
    Getting close to these chilly, inscrutable songs is like trying to hug statuary, but their marbled beauty is impressive all the same. [Dec. 2011 p. 123]
  3. Oct 27, 2011
    You Are All I See is all about the shimmer, as if rather than playing with cutting edge tech Grossi's touch is so deft, and the sound so seemingly in tune with the natural world, he somehow is able to play with light.