8.2

Review this album

1. May 25, 2012
    You Could Have It So Much Better (in my opinion) improves upon a great debut album with one that has songs that are more punchy and catchy than their self-titled debut. This is one of the best times I have had while listening to an album, and would recommend this record highly.
  2. Jan 6, 2012
    While still has many good moments, their style wore thin a bit for me on their second record. There was little or no progression in style and it lacked the tunes of their debut.
  3. Apr 25, 2012
    One of the worst albums I've had the displeasure of buying. It possesses all of the pretension of the early '00s indie movement without any of the charm of the hits on the band's first album.
  4. Dec 28, 2013
    Definitely a much more varied album than their debut, Franz Ferdinand's You Could Have It So Much Better is a mixed barrel of things done better and things done worse than on their debut. Overall, it is a much less consistent album, containing possibly their most meaningful song, "The Fallen", and one of their least meaningful songs in "I'm Your Villain." In addition, this an album extremes, with pounding rockers like the title track and "Evil and a Heathen" and gentle, even beautiful tracks like "Walk Away" and "Eleanor Put Your Boots On." Nonetheless, fans of their self-titled album should be fans of this follow-up as well. Expand

1. It's a stunning, confident piece of work that suggests the band is merely getting started.
    It'll do just fine for now. But here's hoping for a torturously difficult third album. [Oct 2005, p.140]
  3. Franz Ferdinand have slightly tweaked the neo-Brit-pop genre – mixing in funk, dashes of punk, and a bit of disco – and come out with a sophomore album even more confident and hungry for glory than their debut.