10 Things I Hate About You : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
7.0

1. Jan 16, 2014
    I feel like the show never really lived up to its potential. Although I loved the casting and character acting, the episode-to-episode storytelling was lack luster and just could hold the weight of the original concept of the movie. I think it was good for what it was and can commend it for what it was trying to accomplish as a more lighthearted romance TV show for teens, but it needed toI feel like the show never really lived up to its potential. Although I loved the casting and character acting, the episode-to-episode storytelling was lack luster and just could hold the weight of the original concept of the movie. I think it was good for what it was and can commend it for what it was trying to accomplish as a more lighthearted romance TV show for teens, but it needed to try harder. Expand
  2. CandiS
    Jul 10, 2009
    Loved it!! Can't wait to see more, especially the guys!
  3. R.Lopez
    Jul 8, 2009
    I've sen good shows, I've seen bad, and I've seen great shows. And this one is great, this teen drama is inspired by the 1999 film of the same name but the two have absolutely no relations. And that's the great thing about it! It doesn't try to be the movie or even update the film for a younger generation as a T.V. serial. No 10 things I hate about you is a wholly I've sen good shows, I've seen bad, and I've seen great shows. And this one is great, this teen drama is inspired by the 1999 film of the same name but the two have absolutely no relations. And that's the great thing about it! It doesn't try to be the movie or even update the film for a younger generation as a T.V. serial. No 10 things I hate about you is a wholly original and very well made dramedy that brings the total and full aspect of being a teenager to the small screen, it's like the comedic version of The secret life of an American teenager just minus all the sex. This show has a little something for every teen and some parents who like to watch other teens besides there own screw up. This show is very good and has allot of good qualities to it that make it something to watch on a Tuesday night. It's funny, witty, touching and all around fun for teens. It shows a more comedic and less serious side to being a teenager, which there is. It's not all serious all the time it's pretty fun which is what this show is trying to get across, being a teenager isn't always serious work. This show has awesome qualities and I think it's going to be around for a very long run on ABC. All in all 10 things I hate about you is something you've got to love. Expand
  4. ZacharyH
    Jul 8, 2009
    HORRIBLE!!! Nothing like the movie AT ALL!!! The dad plays a good performance and the guy who does Michael does a pretty good job too bu the rest is just HORRIBLE and disappointing.
  5. RukiaK
    Jul 11, 2009
    I thought it was okay, but not as good as I wanted it to be. Since the movie is based off The taming of the shrew, the show should have something to do with the movie. Like the fact that Patrick was payed to date Kat. In the show, he liked her first moment he saw her. I didn't like that all. But, whatever. Hopefully it gets better.
  6. Hannah
    Jul 14, 2009
    I just don't like how they think they can replace the movie and so many aspects of it have been screwed up that I just can't appreciate it. Long live Heath Ledger.
  7. Sarah
    Jul 17, 2009
    I was hesitant at first, especially since I absolutely love the original. The pilot was a little rough yet intriguing. The second episode, though, took away all my doubts. This will be one of the few shows I actually watch every week, and it is only the second show that I frequent the message boards.
  8. anonymous
    Jul 25, 2009
    Its boing. its been 3 episodes and nothing has happened. the movie is so much better. the movies cast is better. RIP Heath Ledger. the guy playing partrick is terrible. this show is boring and should be careful. the only thing amusing about this show is how sad and desperate meaghan martin is to be popular. this show is awful.
  9. EmilyB
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bianca's story is entertaining, while Kat has nothing interesting going on. I still thought it was pretty good though. Can't wait to see more!
  10. GregC
    Jul 29, 2009
    True and accurate depiction of high school, funny characters, some very easy to relate to. As a teen, I say this show represents us well.

A new audience will enjoy this smart series, which makes light of the eternal hell of high school.
  2. While Bianca is the status-conscious, superficial center of the show, Martin makes her kinda sweet, and Shaw is downright excellent as the status-hating, politically aware Kat.
    10 Things is silly, mindless fun and the actors are all terrific in that silly, mindless fun way that Disney teens tend to be.